Taking a trip to the beach with a young child requires careful planning and consideration of a number of details. However, if you come prepared with the best baby beach gear, you can turn the trip into a pleasant experience for everyone.
Everything your child might possibly need, from sunscreen and towels to hats and bags and toys and diapers, needs to come along for the ride. So, to help you out, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most useful items for a trip to the beach with a newborn. If you want to make sure your trips to the beach with your child are always memorable, you should definitely add these to your shopping basket right now.
11 Best Baby Beach Gear
Best Lightweight: Durio Beach Baby Sun Hat
Durio’s hat is one of the best baby beach accessories you can find to keep your baby cool in the summer and protect their sensitive baby skin. The wide brim and plush material of this hat make it ideal for shielding the face, neck, and ears from the sun. The hat can be adjusted to the wearer’s head size with the help of the included head strap. UPF 50+ sun protection is great for protecting your loved one’s delicate skin from the sun, and the lightweight, breathable fabric will keep them comfortable and cool. All of your baby’s beach gear needs are met with this convenient set.
- Locking strap that lasts
- 100% cotton construction
- Super-convenient to throw on
- Quickly and easily folded for storage
- Various sizes are readily available
- Extensive selection of hues and patterns
- Some sizes may be on the small side.
- The sizing information embroidered onto the exterior of the cap may bother some people.
Best Slip-Resistant: JIASUQI Baby Water Socks
Jiasuqi has the cutest beachwear for kids, made from a stretchy blend of polyester and spandex (92% to 8% by weight). This material combination keeps the shoes lightweight, which is important for evaporative cooling and air circulation. The socks’ smooth neck design makes them simple to put on and take off, and it also protects your kid’s skin from irritation. The swimwear for infants has a high-quality rubber sole that makes it both flexible and slip-resistant. Baby’s toes will look extra cute in one of the 43 different prints.
- Prevents burns from the ground’s extreme temperatures
- It ensures a comfortable, close fit.
- Sturdy sole
- Perfect for use both indoors and out
- Various sizes are readily available
- In some cases, the insole of your shoes could slip out.
- They could be rather diminutive
Best Splash-Proof: F-Color Beach Bag
The F-Color toddler beach gear neatly organizes all the necessities for a day of sand play. The mesh liner is great for storing baby sunscreen and water bottles without worrying about leaks or unpleasant odors. All of your belongings will remain dry and well organized within the eight spacious mesh pockets and the inner splash-proof zippered one. This bag features reinforced seams so you can store your flip-flops, reusable swim diapers, or children’s towels with confidence as you relax in the warm ocean water. This infant pool accessory features four convenient rings for hanging essentials like keys, caps, and bottles.
- Soft, supportive shoulder straps
- Supports up to 80 kg
- Resilient ripstop mesh
- Easy to fold up and put away
- It comes in a variety of hues.
- One possible criticism is that it’s too flimsy.
- Sand could potentially enter due to the mesh base.
Best Compact: Summer Infant Pop N’ Jump Portable Activity Center
A lightweight foldable frame with up to three height adjustments makes this summer gear for babies a joy for playtime. The removable and machine-washable seat cushion of the jumping support saves you time and effort while cleaning. Your baby can play with a rattle, mirror book, mirror teether, and spinner ball. This child’s skin will be protected from the sun thanks to the UV canopy. It won’t crack, break, or rust even in the coldest or hottest conditions, and the handy carrying case folds up small for transport.
- Keeps the infant in an upright position.
- Holds up to twenty-five kg
- Adaptable to both indoor and outdoor settings
- Removable roof covering
- foldable design that’s a breeze to use
- Including Mat for the Ground
- Possible skin irritation from Velcro hook.
- The leg bottoms’ metal screws could potentially damage the floor.
Best With Extra Storage: Coleman Camping Chair
This lightweight chair from Coleman’s summer baby collection features a reclining backrest and full seat support. The maximum weight that can be supported by the steel frame is 250 pounds. The supplied tote makes it simple to transfer the chair to any destination. The seatback pocket and the mesh cup holder make it easy to carry about your beverages.
- Lightweight and collapsible
- Conveniently opens and closes with little effort
- A low chair height
- Comfortable, roomy, and spacious
- Simple to put together
- Guaranteed for a full year, with restrictions
- Not a single recline angle is modifiable.
- This cup holder may be too fragile for some people’s tastes.
Best UV Protection: Optix 55 Baby Sunglasses With Strap
Optix 55’s infant poolwear provides a high level of protection against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB radiation with UV 400. These one-of-a-kind shades come in seven bright hues, and in addition to protecting your child’s eyes from the water’s chill, they also make a great accessory for a day at the beach. To protect your child’s sensitive eyes, PC Smoke lenses block harmful UV rays and reduce annoying glare without compromising clarity of vision. As an added safety feature, a rubber strap has been affixed; this strap will not break or slide off while swimming. These sunglasses include a flexible frame and a protective EVA bag to preserve them in pristine condition.
- Cozy and fashionable
- Material with a high degree of pliability
- Incredibly user-friendly
- Harmless straps
- It’s perfect for babies and toddlers.
- There’s a chance the Velcro straps aren’t flexible enough.
- Possible flimsiness of the straps.
Best Heat-Resistant: Eccosphoy Sandproof Beach Blanket
With its lightweight construction and durable ripstop parachute nylon, Eccosophy’s blanket is a must-have for any parent’s beach bag. This baby swimming gear is not only comfortable, but also fully breathable, lightweight, heat-resistant, and adaptable. In the event of any messes or stains, it can be quickly and easily washed in the machine and dried again. The material is lightweight and puncture-resistant, making it ideal for trips to the backyard baby pool or storage in a carry-on.
- Compression bag attached.
- Equipped with four anchoring prongs
- Strong triple stitching
- Simple to brush the sand off
- A lot of it
- Pockets in the corners for storing sand
- It comes in a variety of hues.
- It could be too light for certain people.
- Some worry that the carrying case won’t hold up over time.
Best For Fun Play: Biulotter Beach Sand Toys
This package of 20 beach toys is perfect for stimulating your child’s creativity. Each set comes with everything needed to build the neatest sandcastles possible: six different castle templates, four different sea animal molds, two different shovels, a bucket, rake, watering can, mesh bag, hourglass, box, and truck wheel. These toys are made of non-toxic propylene plastic, so they won’t break easily and won’t injure your child’s delicate hands. The toys are safe for your child to play with since they are made without the chemical bisphenol A (BPA), and their sharp edges have been rounded off to prevent injury.
- Comfortable in the palm of a child’s hand
- Reusable nylon tote
- Light and portable
- This book is appropriate for children ages 3 and above.
- The size of the molds can be less than anticipated.
- The dump truck could be a little flimsy.
Best Easy-To-Install: Botindo Family Beach Tent Sunshade
The canopy of the Botindo infant beach tent may be raised to a comfortable height with the included tall poles. This beach tent is constructed from durable and stretchable Lycra and comes with a carrying bag and instructions. The tent’s aluminum poles are rustproof, fold easily, and provide UPF 50+ protection while also being lightweight and easy to carry. The ground stakes and the fillable anchor bags keep the baby tent steady, so all you have to do is reinforce the connecting poles with the cable. This sunshade comes in four beautiful colors and can be easily installed anyplace.
- Creating a spacious shady place
- A variety of movable anchors
- When it’s windy, it can be tough to set up.
- Disassembling poles could be a difficult task.
Best Washable: Baby Delight Go With Me Eclipse Portable Playard
With a retractable sun canopy, this Baby Delight outdoor play area keeps out 98% of harmful UV radiation and is made of durable nylon. The gear can be folded and unfolded in a flash, and it’s secured thanks to two locks. Your kid will be able to see what’s going on around them thanks to the bottom mesh, and the attached storage pocket will come in handy for keeping their essentials close at hand as they explore the world on their own. The metal frame can handle whatever your baby throws at it, and the base can be taken off and washed if necessary. This portable experience is perfect for your child because it can fit into a suitcase.
- Frame is built to last.
- Light and portable
- Simple to clean with a wet cloth
- Between six and twenty-four months, it’s the sweet spot.
- Lacking proper padding
- Long-term use could cause mesh to deteriorate.
Best For Fine Motor SKills: Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
This is wonderful baby beach equipment for keeping newborns from birth to five months old safe and entertained in the great outdoors. This Fisher-Price dome serves as a little bed with plush padding and a play area, and it also has a UPF 20 sun shade to protect your child from the sun and pesky insects on vacations to the beach. Children can develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination while playing with the brightly colored hanging toys. This dome has two detachable toys and folds up conveniently for portability thanks to its flat handles.
- It can be used inside as well.
- Canopy that can be retracted
- To be used during “tummy time”
- Simple to assemble
- Possibly too much weight
- Crinkling is a possible side effect of the padding.
Let’s find out how to pick the best baby beach gear now that we’ve seen some of the best there is to offer.
How To Choose The Right Baby Beach Gear
When taking your kid to the beach, you’ll need to bring along these essentials. To adequately prepare for a day at the beach, every parent should pack the following items: sunscreen, reusable or disposable swim diapers, sun hats, bucket hats, rash guard or cover-up, beach blanket, beach tent, baby powder, wet bags, water bottles, towels, beach umbrellas, water shoes, and sunglasses. With a large, well-organized beach bag, you can easily segregate your children’s toys from your own, keep drinks cold, and have a place to store their formula.
Kids who aren’t old enough to swim on their own should be entertained by toys on the beach while the grownups enjoy some time in the water. Molds for constructing sandcastles and other types of structures, buckets, shovels, trucks, and rubber ducks are also great options. Children who will be swimming should bring foldable chairs, floaties, flippers, and life jackets.
Toys and other plastic objects should be BPA-free and have rounded corners to prevent injuries. UPF 50+ sun protection should be standard on all baby strollers, play yards, and canopies to prevent skin cancer. Towels, mats, and anything else made of fabric need to be sandproof, lightweight, and simple to maintain. Try to find something that doesn’t require much in the way of assembly, can be folded up into a small size, and comes with a carrying case.