13 Best Baby Scales To Know Your Infant’s Weight Progress
If you want to be sure your kid is growing and developing normally, using the best baby scale is a great tool. As a new parent, you have a lot on your plate, but one of the most important things you can do is to make sure your child is healthy on a consistent basis. A baby’s weight can be measured using a weighing scale to check for progress toward health and growth targets. They will come in handy during the first several years of your child’s existence.
At regular visits, your physician will monitor your baby’s weight to make sure he or she is developing normally and to rule out any health problems that could be signaled by a sluggish rate of growth. But if you want to keep tabs on your baby’s development and feel in charge, you should have a baby scale in the house. To help you find the best baby scale for your family, we’ve included some of the best options currently on the market.
13 Best Baby Scales To Buy
Best For Toddler: Health-o-meter Grow With Me Baby Scale
There are several good reasons why this baby scale is at the top of our list. The tray can be quickly removed and the scale transformed into a teddy bear-shaped digital scale with a weight capacity of up to 60 lb., making this a 2-in-1 baby and toddler scale. Even if your baby shifts about on the tray while the scale is reading their weight, the Hold function will keep it accurate. This occurs while pressing the Zero Out button, which removes the load of the diaper or clothing. This baby weighing scale is 12.6 x 9.1 x 23 inches in size and can accommodate your baby in either a sitting or lying position. An in-depth analysis of the newborn weight scale.
- Has a resolution of 0.5 ounces
- Large, clear, and LCD display
- Includes a height and weight chart
- The tray’s built-in lock provides extra security.
- No batteries included
Best 20-Kg Capacity: Smart Weigh Digital Baby Scale
Do you fret constantly about your child’s progress? Then a baby scale from Smart Weigh is exactly what you need. The convenience of weighing your baby whenever you choose is made possible by this digital baby scale. With its Tare function, you may be confident of accurate readings even when weighing a wrapped baby in a blanket or towel. Another handy feature is the Hold button, which lets you save the current weight after seeing it displayed on the LCD screen. In order to ensure your baby’s comfort, this scale features a rounded platform with a soft surface.
- Able can hold 20 kg
- Packaged with power source
- Includes an automatic shut-off feature.
- The space-saving thinness makes it simple to store.
- It gives you the weight in three different units: pounds, stones, and kilograms.
- It’s possible that it’s too little.
Best With Removable Tray: Salter Baby/Toddler Scale
You want to make sure your kid is eating enough healthy food, right? The best method to tell is to see if they’ve gained any weight since we last saw them. The Hold and Zero modes on this digital baby scale ensure an accurate reading, even if your child is active during the weighing in process or is wearing clothing or diapers. The plastic scoop base provides both comfort and a firm footing. The removable tray is the nicest feature of this baby scale since it allows you to effortlessly switch it from an infant scale to a toddler scale when your child outgrows the smaller size.
- Equipped with a liquid crystal display
- Holds up to a whopping 44 lbs. and displays results in half-ounce increments
- A longer run time is achieved by the use of an automatic shutoff feature.
- Swing or rock as the baby pleases.
Best For Pets: MomMed Digital Baby Scale
Do you need baby scales to measure your child’s growth? If so, then you should definitely go with this one by MomMed. The greatest weight that can be measured by this scale is 220 pounds (100 kg). Included in its design are markers on the tray’s interior that can be used to gauge a child’s stature. The tray’s concave, rounded form will keep your youngster from sliding off, and the scale’s swivel lock feature will let you secure the tray to the floor. The weight of your cat or toddler can also be determined using this scale. Check out the video for additional product information.
- Touchpad has Hold and Zero buttons.
- A pair of AAA batteries are included.
- LCD screen with a large backlight
- With its 4 high-precision sensors, we can count on reliable data.
- A lack of durability is a possibility.
Best Easy-To-Read LCD: Beurer BY80 Baby Scale
From the manufacturers of other high-quality health and wellness electronic products comes this baby scale to help you keep track of your little one’s weight. The machine is user-friendly for both parents and infants due to the large, clear LCD and the rounded, elevated platform. It weighs in increments of 0.2 oz., with a minimum and maximum capacity of 2 lb and 45 lb, respectively. In addition, it has a Tare feature that lets you determine your child’s weight without factoring in their diaper, a toy, or an article of clothing. This movie will teach you all about the product’s great features.
- Convenient and adaptable scale
- The device uses two AA batteries, which are included.
- Rubberized, skid-free feet
- Both automatic and manually-operated Functions to hold and lock
- Unit of measurement in pound, kilogram, and ounce
- This might not endure forever.
Best App-Compatible: My Weigh Ultrababy Scale
This Ultrababy Scale by My Weigh is designed for infants up to 12 months of age and has a cradle weighing pan for convenience. You can use this scale at the workplace or the mailroom thanks to the included letter holder and mail tube holder accessories. Please notice that the baby weighing tray is detachable, allowing for quick and simple connection to the other accessories. Gram, kilogram, ounce, and pound readings can be taken using this scale.
- Features a Hold and a Tare
- Controlled on/off cycles that can be predetermined
- It can be used with the MyWeigh mobile app.
- Backlit LCD display that is detachable and mountable, with a cable length of 2 feet
- It’s possible a calibration is needed.
Best With Growth Chart: Unicherry Multifunctional Baby Scale
Every parent naturally wonders if their child is developing normally. And this infant weight gauge is perfect for the job. With its 4 very accurate sensors at the base and Tare/Hold features, this device ensures an exact calculation of your baby’s weight. Additionally, the high sensitivity touch button facilitates simple operation. There are 2 swivel locks on the base of the infant weighing tray, so you don’t have to worry about it becoming detached from the scale during use. Because of its versatility, this scale can be used from infancy all the way up to adulthood.
- Two AAA batteries are included.
- Provides a free height and weight chart
- Scales that go this high also double as newborn height and head circumference monitors
- The tray’s rounded, concave shape makes it soft and stable for use.
- The tray wobbles a bit.
Best For Wiggly Babies: Greater Goods Smart Baby Scale
If you’re having trouble getting an accurate weight measurement of your wriggly infant on the kitchen scale, it’s time to upgrade to a high-tech baby scale like this one. The exclusive settling algorithm helps the monitor quickly re-establish a stable reading after a baby’s movement. The best aspect is that you can sync your baby’s measurements with its Smart Baby app through Bluetooth, making it easier to keep track of the measurements on your phone. Since the tray is detachable, you may switch from using it as a baby scale to a toddler scale after your child has outgrown the former. Weight is displayed in one of three modes on this scale, and it has a resolution of 5 g. (lb, kg, and oz).
- Includes 4 AAA batteries
- The heaviest weight it can hold is 66 pounds.
- Extra-Sized Inverse-Backlit Screen
- Folding up the weighing tray saves space when not in use.
- Expenses are slightly high.
- Not necessarily a good fit for feedlot weigh-ins
Best For All Ages: AccuMed Digital Baby Scale
AccuMed Digital Baby Scale is a baby scale that can be used by anyone, including adults and dogs, thanks to its built-in high precision sensors. When you need to use the scale for weighing an infant, you may attach the two tray extensions together, and when you want to use the scale for weighing an older child or yourself, you can remove the tray extensions. The tray’s ability to collapse makes it both practical and space-saving. This tool is useful for keeping track of not just your baby’s weight, but also their height thanks to the tray’s built-in rulers (inches or centimeters).
- Having a big LCD screen makes reading a breeze.
- Able to accurately measure masses as heavy as 200 pounds
- The extra load can be cancelled by using the Tare function.
- Holding the button down keeps readings steady in the face of vibrations.
- It’s possible that there’s not enough room on the tray.
Best Backlit Display: Smart Weigh Grow With Me Baby Scale
What, you don’t have a scale that you can use to measure your baby’s weight while you’re holding them? Thank you! If you’re hesitant to place your baby on the tray at first, the Mother and Baby mode is there for you. Here’s how it works: first, you step on the scale to lock in your weight, then you step on the scale while holding your baby to record that weight, and finally, when you step off the scale, your baby’s weight will be shown. Really simple, right? In addition, the bottom of the machine houses a string that may be used to pull out a bunny head-blocking board. Simply pull it up from the base to see your kid’s height displayed on the screen. Simply simply reattaching or removing the tray, you may convert this scale from a baby scale to a toddler scale.
- Weight limit of 220 pounds
- Functionalities of Tare and Hold are included.
- Metric and Imperial Measurements
- The 4 high-precision sensors ensure reliable measurements.
- The backlit screen can rotate by 180 degrees, making reading easier from any angle.
- The method may not be appropriate for monitoring milk production during nursing.
Best Non-Slip Base: Sotech 2-in-1 Digital Scale
Like most other baby scales, this one adjusts in size as your child does. When your baby no longer needs the newborn weighing tray, the scale may be quickly and easily converted to a standard bathroom scale. All that has to be done is to remove the tray from the scale. You can power this digital scale, which uses 2 AA batteries, using a USB port. It provides accurate measurements in pounds, kilograms, and ounces, and can measure your child’s height up to 27.55 inches (70 cm). The tray’s long, Arc shape provides superior support and stability.
- The scale’s nonslip base ensures it won’t move while in use.
- Functionalities like Hold and Tare help guarantee precise measurements.
- A measuring tape is included in the tray’s accessories.
- The big, illuminated LCD makes reading in low light conditions a breeze.
- Indicating your baby’s weight could take longer if he or she is really active.
Best Durable: KUBEI Multifunctional Digital Baby Scale
This digital scale can be used for a variety of purposes, including pregnancy monitoring and tracking the growth of infants and toddlers. In addition, you can use this gadget to check how much breast milk your baby is getting by weighing them in between feedings. It can measure from 50 g up to 100 g in 10 g increments. In addition, you can switch between measurement systems with the push of a button (kg, lb, or oz). Even with slight motion, this scale will precisely determine your baby’s weight and height (in-built scale). The tray is made out of ABS plastic, and it can be removed and stored away with ease thanks to the lock design. In the event that this gadget is left idle for one minute, it will power down automatically.
- LCD backlight display that will last for a long time
- Safer footing
- Tare function eliminates unnecessary bulk for precise reading; two AAA batteries provided.
- The tray’s concave shape makes it soft and stable, ideal for use in a variety of settings.
- Change if baby starts moving about a lot
Best Weight-Locking: Meilen life Baby Scale
This baby scale could be useful if your fussy infant wanders around too much during the weighing process. With its Hold feature, you can keep the weight shown permanently. You can lay your infant on a blanket without worrying about the reading being inaccurate because the Zero function will subtract the extra weight from the readout. The numbers can be viewed from any angle, even in the dark, thanks to the huge LCD screen and its brilliant backlight. This scale requires 2 AAA batteries (not included) and has two separate trays that can be quickly and easily set up or taken down.
- Smooth, sensitive touch-control for convenience.
- Standardized height measures
- Surface reinforcement guarantees durability and steadiness.
- Scales for toddlers and adults are interchangeable.
- Transposable between kilograms, ounces, and pounds
- The tray has a wobbly tendency.
Let’s have a look at some criteria that will help you choose the best baby scale before you go out and buy one.
How To Choose The Right Baby Scale
When shopping for a baby scale, the weighing tray or pan should be your top priority. Choose a tray with a concave shape and rounded corners to keep your baby safe and secure while you feed or change him or her.
Choose one with a higher weight limit so that you can use it from birth through your child’s toddler years. Those over the age of 12 can use scales with a weight limit of 220 pounds.
Choosing a scale with a high accuracy rating will guarantee reliable results every time you measure your child. The typical weight range for infant scales is 5–15 g.
Unit of measurement:
Select a scale that shows your weight in multiple units, preferably grams, kilograms, pounds, and ounces. You can select your preferred unit of measurement, saving time and effort over doing the conversion yourself.
Tare/Zero Out function:
Choose a model that includes Tare functionality if at all possible. Subtracting the weight of your baby’s diaper, clothing, and blanket from the total weight of your infant is one of the most significant functions of a baby scale.
It’s common knowledge that, unless your kid is fast asleep, he or she will not remain motionless on the tray. This makes it challenging to obtain an accurate measurement. The Hold feature is really helpful in this situation. Once you hit the button, the scale will record an exact weight for your baby, regardless of how much he or she moves around.
When shopping for a new scale, you may want to keep in mind a few of optional extras. See if it comes with a tape measure or has markings for measuring your baby’s height so you can keep tabs on their growth. In addition, you can track development with the ease of a smartphone thanks to the connectivity of some scales.