Taking a baby out in public is a hassle, what with having to juggle the infant, a diaper bag, a cell phone, and a purse. A third hand would be quite helpful at this point. You’ll need one of the top-rated baby-carrying shirts when you need to use both hands for anything else while still keeping your kid close.
You can have trouble choosing the best option from all the ones on the market. The best babywearing shirts are discussed here to help narrow down your search.
11 Best Babywearing Shirts And Baby Carrier Hoodies
Best Breathable: DadWare Cotton Kangaroo Care T-Shirt
This shirt allows dads to spend more quality time with their child.
- With the adjustable Velcro straps around the infant’s neck, it can be opened to a comfortable size.
- The T-fabric shirt’s is soft and breathable because it’s made of more than 90% cotton.
- The baby cannot be placed in a pocket and it is not hands-free.
- Some fathers voiced concerns that the Velcro would irritate their children’s skin.
Best Fitting: VIJA Men’s Skin-to-Skin Kangaroo Care T-Shirt
This is a great T-shirt for dads who want to wear their children incognito. To get a better understanding of what this item can do, watch this video.
- The material is 94% cotton, so it’s nice and soft and it fits the baby well.
- This T-shirt appears to be a standard issue piece of clothing. When the infant isn’t in it, the pouch flattens and compresses, giving the shirt a more conventional t-shirt appearance.
- Since the pouch is exterior, it does not allow for much skin-to-skin time between parent and child. You’ll need to prop up the infant with one hand, too.
Best Moisture-Wicking: NuRoo Moisture-Wicking Babywearing Shirt
This shirt is perfect for hot summer days when you need to wear your infant because it wicks away sweat. Watch this video for a review of the product to find out more.
- The shirt’s material is kind on the baby’s skin, allows air to circulate freely, and wicks away moisture in the event of perspiration.
- There are no rough seams on this garment. It eliminates any potential pain for the newborn.
- The infant is held in place with the help of a support belt that stops it from sliding around.
- When ordering the correct size, several customers found the shirt to be too small.
- Some of the moms complained about how the Velcro scratched their skin.
Best For Skin-To-Skin Contact: NuRoo Pocket
The garment is made to maximize the mother and child’s skin-to-skin time together.
- You can tuck the infant into a pocket on the inside of the garment. Once the baby is dressed, the shirt’s sides will wrap around him or her. In other words, it makes for a safe and comfortable fit.
- Because the infant is resting directly on your bare skin, you can have lots of skin-to-skin time.
- The child won’t be able to slide down thanks to the waist belt, so you can put your hands free to do other things.
- Several moms mentioned that the garment runs small and is best suited for infants.
- There are limited sizing options for this shirt.
Best Discreet: VIJA Design Skin-to-Skin Kangaroo Care T-Shirt
Unlike some other infant clothes, this one looks just like any other T-shirt. Check out this video to learn more about the item.
- Soft, comfortable, and airy, this T-shirt is made from 94% cotton.
- The tee comes in six different hues.
- If you wear your baby, he or she will stay close to your body, making it much simpler to breastfeed.
- Some parents complained that the T-shirt was excessively snug, and their infants felt the effects.
Best Fashionable: VIJA Design Halter Strap Kangaroo Top
The baby-wearing shirt with the VIJA design is chic and practical.
- Thanks to the halter strap, this babywearing shirt can be worn inconspicuously and looks just like any other blouse.
- The shirt’s high cotton content makes it a good choice for both mom and baby.
- This top is great for breastfeeding moms because the infant can reach the breast easily while wearing it.
- You will need to place a hand on the baby, as this is not a hands-free top.
- Even when choosing the correct size, the fitting was too tiny for several moms.
- Jackets and sweatshirts designed for use with baby carriers
Best Adjustable: Boba Baby Carrier Hoodie
The hoodie’s stretchy fabric makes it a pleasant choice for both mother and child.
- Baby can be comfortably adjusted inside the carrier thanks to the fabric’s softness and stretchiness. Almost any brand of soft-structured baby carrier will work with this hoodie.
- You may flip the jacket inside out and wear it as a hoodie. It’s practical for parents who prefer to carry their infants on their backs.
- If you have the feeling that baby has wet the diaper, you can check the small pocket on the hoodie.
- Certain customers complained that the hoodie was too loose.
Best Versatile: Small show Baby Carrier Fleece Sweat shirt
This baby carrier jacket will keep you and your little one toasty and cozy.
- The section of the jacket that serves as a blanket for the baby is an insert that can be removed. It’s great for creating garments with multiple uses.
- If you want your kid to be as warm and protected as you are, there is a hoodie for them, too.
- You can choose from five different sizes of the jacket to find the perfect one for you.
- When first removed from its packing, some customers said the jacket gave out a chemical odor.
Best For Winters: FUN2BEMUM Baby Carrier Jacket
If you need a baby carrier jacket for the colder months, consider this one.
- This jacket’s modular construction allows you to remove the baby-covering extension. When you’re not wearing the infant, you can utilize the jacket as a standard outer layer.
- Almost any baby wrap or infant carrier will fit within the jacket’s roomy, standard-sized pocket.
- Polyester, the material used to make the jacket, is both warm and long-lasting.
- A handful of the mothers thought the jacket ran large.
Best Waterproof: Extendher Baby Carrier Coat
It’s a smart pick for wet-weather protection in cold climates and a boon to mothers everywhere.
- Nylon, a strong and waterproof material, was used to make the outer shell of the jacket. Both the mother and the infant benefit from the added warmth.
- Because the front baby-covering extension can be detached, you can use this as a regular jacket as well.
- The quality of the zippers and Velcro was criticized by a few consumers.
Best For Everyday Wear: Luckyshop Kangaroo Sweatshirt
This hoodie is designed to be worn over a baby carrier and is both fashionable and functional.
- The baby-covering extension is front-and-center, making it simple to wear over the baby swaddle. The infant can even have his or her head covered with the included sweatshirt.
- You may unzip the front and take it off. If you’re not using the child carrier, you can simply wear the jacket as usual.
- You and your baby can find a perfect match in one of three sizes offered for this hoodie.
- A small number of customers were unsatisfied with the fabric’s strength and longevity.
What Are A Babywearing Shirt And Baby Carrier Hoodie?
Babywearing shirts are simply regular tees with a wide pouch in the front for carrying the baby. The shirt is worn normally, and the pouch is kept compressed while it is not in use. These shirts are also known as kangaroo care t-shirts because the baby inside the pouch looks like a baby kangaroo in its mother’s pouch.
A baby carrier hoodie is a type of jacket designed to be worn over the baby carrier’s body. An extra bag on the jacket’s rear allows for easy access to a baby in a carrier. You can use it to shield your infant from the elements when you’re out and about. The baby carrier hoodie is meant to be worn in addition to a carrier and does not have a pouch.
There are several benefits for both parents and dads when they choose to use babywearing shirts or baby carrier hoodies.
What Are The Advantages Of A Babywearing Shirt And Baby Carrier Hoodie?
Here are some of the advantages that parents can gain from using a babywearing shirt or baby carrier hoodie:
Remove the hassle of a baby carrier:
With a babywearing shirt, you won’t need to buy a separate baby carrier because it serves as both a shirt and a sling.
The infant can stay in close, skin-to-skin contact with you thanks to the various babywearing shirts available. Touching a baby or toddler’s skin can be very reassuring, could calm them, and strengthen the attachment between you and your child.
Allow you to do active work:
When using a babywearing garment, you often won’t even need to touch the baby. It’s convenient because you can use both hands for something else. With a baby in tow, a hooded baby carrier can be a lifesaver when you need to get things done outside. The hoodie is great for keeping the infant toasty even when the weather is frightful.
To maximize its benefits, you need a top-notch baby carrier hoodie or babywearing shirt.
How To Pick A Babywearing Shirt And Baby Carrier Hoodie?
When making your purchase, please keep the following in mind:
Size of the shirt or hoodie:
Whether the garment is intended for mom or dad, and whether the manufacturer includes an age indication, can affect the size selected. It’s important to make sure that a hoodie fits properly under any baby wrap or carrier.
Type of pouch:
Maximum skin-to-skin contact is achieved with some babywearing shirts by turning the pouch inwards. In certain examples, the pouch is on the exterior. Shirts are available that provide as much or as little skin-to-skin contact as you and your baby would like.
Type of material:
When shopping for your baby, keep their delicate skin in mind and go for a breathable, hypoallergenic fabric. The fabric’s stretchability is also crucial to guarantee a snug fit for the infant. Choose sturdy fabrics like polyester and nylon for baby carrier hoodies.
For some babywearing tops, you’ll need to keep one hand on the baby at all times, while others rely on sturdy elastic to keep the child securely in place. Choose the non-hands-free variety if you prefer to keep at least one hand on the infant for safety purposes. Active parents who enjoy working outside should choose a baby carrier that doesn’t require them to use both hands.
Convenient for nursing:
Choose tops that will provide your baby easy access to breastfeeding if you intend to do so while outside. Shirts designed for babywearing that allow for total skin-to-skin contact make it simple to sneak in a stealth feeding.