15 Best Bath Toys For Toddlers in 2023
Our recommended collection of toddler-friendly bath toys is sure to make bath time a more enjoyable experience for everyone. These toys are made from safe materials and are available in a wide range of styles, colors, and sizes to meet your child’s needs and interests. Because they are water-resistant, they can be used in the bath or pool, and they will inspire your child’s creativity. A toddler’s bath time may be a bonding experience for both parents and children if you both get in on the action. So, check over the choices shown here and pick one that your kid will enjoy.
15 Best Bath Toys For Toddlers
Give your kiddo this handy check-off list:
Best For Improving Motor Skills: 3 Bees & Me Bath Toy Basketball Hoop & Balls Set
The included basketball net is designed to work with 98% of standard bathroom faucets, making this kit ideal for those who want to play basketball in the tub. There are straps holding the basket to the sink that can withstand a baby’s pulling. Three water-friendly plastic balls are included in the set. Your infant can grab one, toss it into the basket, and watch it roll back into the bath.
- Materialized in plastic for prolonged contact with water
- Lead, phthalate, and BPA-free.
- Inconspicuous in the aftermath of use.
- Balls that won’t mold
- The balls’ original hue may fade over time.
Related: Best Portable Bathtubs For Adults And Kids
Best Educational Bath Toy: Click N’ Play Bath Foam Letters & Numbers
The foam letters and numerals in this set are safe for young children as they contain no BPA. Counting and letter recognition may be reinforced while having fun with this fun bath play for toddlers. When wet, numbers and letters cling to the bathroom wall and the bathtub.
- Possesses a mesh bag for stowing away the parts.
- With the two included suction cups, it is easy to mount to the wall of your shower or tub.
- available in both bright and subtle hues
- Lettering and alphabets that last
- Over time, the hem on a mesh bag may unravel.
- Could be a somewhat too small bag.
Related: Best Kids Bath Bombs
Best Fishing Bath Toy: Munchkin Fishin’ Bath Toy
Munchkin’s bath toy set includes one magnetic fishing rod and three floating plastic toys. The line can be wrapped up as the child is playing, making this a great fishing bath toy for toddlers. It’s completely free of BPA and colored with safe additives. Check out the clip for an in-depth analysis of the plaything.
- Improved hand-eye coordination is a side benefit of fishing.
- Stick fashioned to accommodate the damp, little hands of toddlers
- Mold growth in the toys’ components is avoided thanks to airtight assembly.
- Adorable miniatures
- Warning: possible choking hazard due to small parts
- The magnetic pull may not be as strong
Related: Best Baby Shampoos And Body Washes For A Tear-Free Bath
Best Swimming Bath Toy: Munchkin Wind Up Swimming Penguin Bath Toy
This adorable penguin from Munchkin is a battery-free, wind-up bath toy for young children. It may be coiled quickly and easily between toys’ fingers or flippers. The toy may be wound up and thrown into water where it will swim on its own. The swimming motion is sure to delight toddlers, making this a great toy for the tub. View this video if you’re interested in finding out more about the service or item being offered.
- Adorable, multicolored plaything
- Produced with plastics that do not contain bisphenol A
- Extremely portable, and manageable even with damp hands.
- Boosts Creativity in Kids
- Perhaps mold will grow
- The paint could eventually flake off.
Related: Best Bath Towels And Robes For Babies
Best Musical Bath Toy: Yookidoo Musical Duck Race with Auto Fountain
Yookidoo’s musical duck race with auto fountain is both a fun musical bath toy and a functional bath fountain for young children, as the included pump is powered by a replaceable battery. The toy has a duck-shaped spout in the middle that pulls water from the tub and shoots it out like a fountain when placed in the middle of the bath.
- During this commercial, three rubber ducks compete in a race around the drain.
- Toys with tiny moving parts
- Hand-eye coordination can be strengthened by watching and selecting swimming ducks.
- Comes with nine different noises for maximum fun.
- Use the mute button to silence everything.
- One possible drawback is the potentially strong water range.
- There is a risk that batteries will get wet.
Related: Best Bubble Baths For Kids
Best Easy-To-Hold Bath Toy: Munchkin School Of Fish Bath Toy
The Munchkin bath toy set includes three squirty fish toys and a tiny boat. Whether you’re giving your child a bath or washing their hair, you may use the boat as a water mug. Squirting water is a breeze with these rubber fish, which can be squeezed even by toddlers with small hands.
- The material is lightweight and comfortable to hold.
- Prevents the little one’s hand from slipping
- Produced with plastics that do not contain bisphenol A
- Paints used are safe for humans and the environment
- Boosts Creativity in Kids
- A boat is capable of floating on the surface of the water.
- Possible growth of mold.
Related: Best Baby Bath Sponges
Best Bath Toy With Handle: Green Toys My First Tugboat
Do you want a bath toy that can also be used as a mug? Green Toys’ Here Is the First Tugboat can be used as a water mug or a bath toy. You can hold it comfortably thanks to the included handle. This toy can withstand the vigorous splashing of toddlers in the water thanks to its durable construction. Watch this video for a review of the product to find out more.
- This toy is suitable for use with toddlers because of its rounded corners and soft plastic.
- The boat’s bottom half is detachable, making maintenance a breeze.
- Protective coating made of non-toxic paint
- Produced without the use of any harmful substances such as BPA, PVC, or phthalates and using only recycled plastic.
- The cleaning process may be cumbersome.
Related: Best Toddler Bathtubs
Best Interactive Bath Toy: Funerica Interactive Large Yellow Duck Bath Toy
Funerica’s duck-shaped bath toy is a colorful and engaging plaything for young children. There is a hole in the duck’s head where water can be poured to keep it afloat. An internal water wheel is turned by the duck’s gush of water, which is released when the duck opens its mouth.
- Prompt motion thanks to a water source; no batteries needed
- Fosters the development of toddlers’ awareness of cause and effect
- The two included suction cups allow for simple wall mounting.
- Plastics and dyes that aren’t harmful
- No jagged corners
- It’s possible that water will leak occasionally.
- Contamination is possible.
Related: Best Non-Slip Bath Mats For Babies
Best Stackable: Little Bado Stacking Cups
When it comes to entertaining your infant in the tub, look no further than the Little Bado stacking cups. Using the bright cups, they can practice constructing towers. Infants will giggle at the charming crowns and facial expressions on each stackable cup. These cups can be used as entertaining water sprinklers.
Cups come in a wide range of styles, colors, and designs.
Enhance your capacity for introspection and strategic thinking.
Able to withstand impacts without breaking
Tolerant of Harsh Treatment
- They could have sharp edges.
- Some toys may not float properly.
Related: Best Baby Bath Mats That Do Not Slip
Best For Teaching Letters And Phrases: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Bathtime Bongos
This charming gadget, shaped like a bongo, floats when submerged in water. The toy has an extensive digital audio library that can play back everything from music to letters to phrases to greetings. Each bongo drum has a blinking backlight.
- Securely stores batteries and electrical components
- Portable and simple to use
- Rapidly dries when exposed to moisture.
- Possesses a convenient carrying handle
- Runs solely on batteries.
- Some people could complain that the loudness is too low.
- Find out more about the best baby non-slip bath mats here.
Related: Best Bath Toy Storages
Best Floating Bath Toy: Nuby Hippo Spout Guard
The Nuby Hippo is not only an entertaining bath toy for toddlers, but it also serves as a spout guard to prevent water from hitting their heads. The charming hippo form is molded from BPA-free, soft plastic and features a glossy finish. With its lips closed, water can come out of the hippo’s nose as well as its mouth.
- Fits over the handle of any regular showerhead
- Detachable from the water supply, it can be used as a regular floating toy in the tub.
- Accepts most diverter-equipped sink faucets
- Two color options are readily accessible.
- Possible hassle when connecting and disconnecting from the sink’s water supply
- The item may be a little challenging for certain children.
Best Toy For Teaching Cause And Effect: Skip Hop Zoo Bath Pull And Go Submarine
Skip Hop’s Pull and Go submarines are adorable and will keep your little one occupied in the bath while you wash them. The propeller is activated by pulling a string. After drawing the string, the toy can be dropped into water and watched as it moves forward.
- Absolutely no need for batteries
- The action of pulling is great for strengthening muscles.
- Understanding cause and effect is enhanced by the toy’s mobility.
- Produced using plastic that does not contain any phthalates, which are known carcinogens
- Totally rounded off in every direction
- The sub may travel at a glacial rate.
- For some, the length of the pull-string may be insufficient.
Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: Boon Chomp Hungry Whale
This whale-shaped sieve and the three smaller sea creature pieces make for a simple but entertaining bath time toy for your kid. The bits of the sea creatures float in the bath. When the tail fin is gently squeezed, the whale’s jaw opens. The whale’s jaw then shuts over the pieces it has been picked up.
- The motion of scooping in water is great for developing hand-eye coordination.
- A handheld shower, courtesy of holes in the whale’s lower jaw.
- Compact enough for a child’s hands
- Plastic that won’t harm you or the environment
- It could be smaller than imagined for some people.
Best Bright-Colored: Fun Little Toys Bath Boat Toys
The Fun Little Toys Bath Boats are a great way to keep your child entertained and engaged during bath time. A blue sailboat, a green speedboat, and a red fireboat are all part of this set. These toys are made to inspire kids’ creativity through a combination of sight, touch, and sound. See your little one’s imagination soar as he or she plays with these three thick ABS plastic boats.
- Produced from safe components for use in food production
- Full of life and color
- Shaped like a flattened triangle at the base
- Quickly understood
- Simple to clean
- Over time, boats could begin to sink.
- Possible protruding edges
Best Battery-Powered Bath Toy: Skip Hop Zoo Bath Rev-Up Wave Rider
Skip Hop’s ride-on toy features a phthalate-free plastic dog figurine and boat. There’s room for the dog in the boat, or the child can take it out and play with it on land. When the boat touches the water, it creates motor and barking noises.
- Construction: ABS plastic
- Lovely and endearing canine form
- To propel a watercraft, all you need to do is give it a gentle push, and it will float and
- Excellent canine and automobile construction.
- Only makes noises for a few seconds at a time.
- Engine could be susceptible to water damage
How To Choose A Bath Toy For Toddlers?
There is a wide variety of toddler-appropriate bath toys available. Keep an eye out for these crucial qualities:
Chemical- and dye-free:
Choose toys for the tub that haven’t been colored with harmful lead paint or contain compounds like bisphenol A (BPA). Such chemicals are readily absorbed by the skin after being bathed in them because of their solubility in water. The infant or child may possibly ingest it unintentionally.
Large enough to prevent swallowing:
Toys for preschoolers should be manageable in the bathtub without being swallowed. Because of this, it is important to choose toys that are too big for your infant to swallow.
Easy to grip:
The area around the toddler’s tub will be wet and hazardous due to the water. The surface of a toy that is rubbery or bumpy makes it more manageable when your hands are wet.
A toy that is light in color may be difficult to find in the tub because of the constant movement of the water. A toy with a bright color will be easier for parents to find and remove from the tub before they can open the drain.
Easy to clean:
A quality bath toy will have a low maintenance design. Soak it in soapy water, then rinse it under running water, and let it dry in the air before putting it away.
What Are Some Precautions To Be Taken When Using Bath Toys For Toddlers?
In order to ensure your toddler’s safety while playing with a bath toy, remember the following:
Read the manual:
The producers of your toys may include specific instructions for how to play with their toys, or how to take care of them if they are fragile. Learn how to operate the item by reading the instructions that came with it. Be sure to read the product’s fine print and familiarize yourself with any restrictions or suggested techniques for using the goods. If there is no manual, instructions may be located on the reverse side of the box.
Supervise your toddler’s toy usage:
Because they can drown in as little as an inch of water, experts advise against leaving a toddler unattended in the tub (1). You should also monitor how much time the toddler spends playing with each toy. Powered by a single battery, some playthings have a compartment to safely store the cell. Although manufacturers take precautions to prevent toddlers from reaching that area, curious toddlers may nonetheless bite on the slot lock, rendering it useless. Toys that run on batteries are similarly vulnerable to damage from too rough play. Teach the child how to play appropriately with these toys.
Wash and dry the toy after every use:
After each usage, wash the toy in warm soapy water or follow the care instructions provided. Cleaning the toy entails soaking it in soapy water, rinsing it with clean water, drying it off with a towel, and then letting it dry naturally. Once a week, take apart the toy (if possible) and clean the insides to stop the growth of mold and mildew.
Secure battery slot cover tightly:
After installing a battery, make sure the compartment is shut tightly. Water seeps into the battery compartment due to a faulty slot lid, causing expensive damage to the circuitry.
Discard the toy if it chips or breaks:
The toy should be discarded and replaced if you find chips in the surface. A toddler may unwittingly consume tiny pieces of plastic that are difficult to spot in the swishing water of the bath tub.