Breastfeeding mothers can easily express milk and store it for later use with the help of the best electric breast pumps, which offer a wide range of helpful features. In order to facilitate breastfeeding, many different models of breast pumps are available.
This article features a compiled list of the top breast pumping bags that will allow you to pump and feed your baby anywhere. See the options here and pick the one that works best for you.
Related: Best Breast Milk Cooler Bag
14 Best Electric Breast Pumps
Best For Double Pumping: Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump
This high-tech double pump can pump twice as fast as standard breast pumps, making it ideal for busy mothers who need to express milk on a regular basis. This breast pump includes a two-stage pumping mechanism that aids in expressing milk. It’s convenient for working mothers because it comes with a cooler bag and four bottles. Watch this video to get some instruction on using a breast pump.
- Integrated inside a tote bag for busy moms, it allows for complete regulation of suction via a rotary knob.
- Compact and simple to use
- Outfitted with a lightweight, portable power source
- In a single motion, you may alter both the speed and vacuum strength.
- It’s possible that some mothers won’t think the cooler is big enough.
Best Dishwasher-Friendly: Philips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump
All you need is this twin electric breast pump set, which includes all the essentials: a pump, a storage bottle, and a feeding nipple. There’s even a breast suction cup designed with anatomical details that imitate a baby’s natural way of sucking. When you first wake up, the pump motor is in the stimulation mode, and when you have a milk letdown, it automatically converts to the expression mode. This video review will give you a better understanding of the product.
- As there are fewer moving parts, the pump can be quickly and easily disassembled for maintenance.
- Provides three distinct facial expression options.
- Includes a carry-on bag for stealthy transport.
- You can clean the breast pump parts in the dishwasher.
- None of the components that could potentially contaminate breast milk contain bisphenol A.
- There may not be adequate suction power at the level 3 setting.
- Suction cups used with silicone pads may develop a minor leak.
Best Hospital-Grade: Spectra Baby USA S2 Plus Premier Electric Breast Pump
Here is a hospital-grade, double-suction breast pump with a closed pumping mechanism, ensuring that no milk leaks into the pump’s tube or motor. It can be powered directly by plugging it into an electrical outlet. This video provides additional information on the product.
- Consists of a built-in light source for use at night
- Protection against backflow
- aids in a stress-free method of communication
- Works great as a standalone electric breast pump, too!
- Breast-feeding safe, meaning no BPA or DEHP in the parts that make contact with milk.
- I was hoping for higher accessory quality, but I was disappointed.
- In the improper environment, suction could be mildly unpleasant.
Best Contamination Protection: Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump
The Ameda double electric pump is a single-user model that is lightweight, easy to transport, and gentle on the skin. The pump’s engine weighs less than a pound (453 grams), making it convenient to tote in a handbag on the way to the office or any other destination. Protects milk from contamination with an unique diaphragm-based shield. Milk cannot leak back into the pumping tube thanks to this technique.
- There are eight distinct levels of vacuum power available.
- Additional options include four distinct pumping speeds.
- Allows for simultaneous breast-pumping
- Controls for cycle and suction can be set independently.
- Each pump’s valves could be a little fragile.
- Possible noise from the pump
Best With Digital Display: Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Electric Breast Pump
This gadget is a highly customizable double pump, allowing you to alter the pumping mode and vacuum strength to suit your needs. The motor unit is equipped with a digital screen and controls for straightforward management of the pump’s various functions. The tubes may be kept clean without any further effort on your part thanks to the diaphragm cap and cover above the pumping bottle, which prevents milk from flowing backwards into the bottle.
- The device offers a selection of three pumping methods and eight different vacuum settings.
- The device functions admirably whether it is powered by batteries or the wall outlet.
- Components are BPA and BPS free, making them safe for both mom and baby to use.
- Possible background noise.
- There’s no bottle holder included.
Best Heat Resistant: Bammax Electric Breast Pump
This electric pump is designed to make pumping as easy as possible thanks to its five massage modes and nine suction settings. It has an anti-backflow technology that keeps the milk clean and fresh from inadvertent contamination, and a memory chip that recalls your previous settings. The pump is powered by a 1400mAh battery that can be charged and used for up to 140 continuous minutes on a single charge.
- Stylish and convenient for pumping on the go or in between sessions.
- Fireproof, shockproof, and space-saving
- The BPA-free soft flange is constructed from FDA-approved silicone.
- Using the LED screen is a breeze.
- The baby is not disturbed by the motor’s silence.
- Attaching or removing a silicone filter could be difficult.
- Does not include milk storage bags.
Best Compact: Evenflo Feeding Advanced Double Electric Breast Pump
This double-pumping device is just the thing for those times when portability and power are of the utmost importance. With its closed pumping mechanism, milk can’t go into the motor and clog up the tube, so it’s much easier to clean. It’s perfect for covert, on-the-go nursing because you can use it with either an AC converter or batteries.
- Suction and milk-expression rates are fully adjustable.
- The double suction makes pumping easier and less tiring.
- Available with a choice of three different-sized suction cups for a customized fit around the areola.
- The motor base has two bottle-holding slots.
- Contemplating flanges could be a little tricky.
- Battery life could cause less powerful suction.
Best With Suction Adjustment: Bellababy Double Wearable Breast Pump（2Pcs-Gray） Hands Free
- The double electric pump has a motor that is both silent and compact, making it convenient to transport.
- A simple maintenance design. All parts that interact with breast milk are completely BPA-free.
- The closed system pumping restricts the flow of milk to the pump motor. Pumps are able to operate when wired directly into the electrical grid.
- Milk bottles come with a slow-flow nipple and are included with the shipment.
- The pump’s suction can be adjusted to one of nine different strengths to ensure a good fit.
Best USB Compatible: Momcozy S9 Double Wearable Breast Pump
- Folding double pump that may be taken anywhere. This device has a built-in battery that can be recharged via the USB connector. Simply plug into a wall outlet or a power bank to recharge.
- Actively stimulating the breast nipple with a silicone pad in a petal design can increase milk production.
- The milk is protected from contamination by an anti-backflow system.
- Silicone that is safe for use around food. No bisphenol A (BPA) was found in the product.
- The infant and others around you won’t be disturbed by the ultra-quiet motor operation of the pump.
Best Easy-T0-Control: OuTera Double Electric Breast Pump Double
- Independently adjustable electric double breast pumps allow you to manage the milk flow rate from each breast separately.
- Milk expressions can be repeated in comfort thanks to the silicone pad or cushion.
- Fabricated without the use of any harmful chemicals or substances and with FDA approval.
- Because of the illuminated LCD, you can easily see the pump’s state even in the dark, which makes nighttime pumping much more manageable.
Best For Sterilizing Breast Milk: Tommee Tippee Electric Breast Pump
Straightforward and effective, this single electric breast pump features a compact motor unit that can be used anywhere. A microwave sterilizer box is included with the pump to ensure that all of its parts are safe to use.
- Developed to simulate a baby’s actual eating motion
- Both mains power and battery power can be directly plugged in.
- Skin-friendly silicone is used to make the suction cup.
- Improves the ease with which breast milk can be expressed.
- The plastic tubes may not be completely silent and some people may feel them to be too short.
Best With Smartphone Connectability: Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump
If you’re in need of a portable pump that doesn’t drain your battery quickly and has a sleek, modern design, this could be the one for you. Pump data is transmitted through Bluetooth from the pump unit to a mobile app controlled by the central motor console, which may be accessed by Wi-Fi or cellular networks. A straightforward sequence of events includes milk collection, stimulation, and letdown before expression.
- Allows you to keep tabs on your consumption and see where your money is going.
- Smooth pump operation with minimal noise; lightweight, portable design.
- helps get the most out of two pumps when pumping for breastfeeding
- Very simple and straightforward interface
- It could be a little tricky to replace the parts.
- Perhaps not simple to wash
Best For Closed Pumping: Spectra Baby USA S1 Plus Electric Breast Pump
The twin breast pump used in this hospital is an attempt to simulate nursing as closely as possible. The closed system pumping keeps the components clean, and the vacuum and rate of milk expression may be easily adjusted with the push of a button. Powerful internal rechargeable battery eliminates the need for frequent plugging into the wall during use.
- A night light makes pumping in private possible.
- Tube is easy to transport and take around, and it maintains its sanitary state even after use.
- Packaged with two different sized flanges (24mm and 28mm)
- Turning the volume down could be a mistake.
- The tubing’s connections were not of the best quality.
Best Wireless: Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps
In the months following childbirth, you’ll appreciate having this double breast pump at home. You can easily keep tabs on the pump’s status and adjust its settings with the included digital display and control unit’s touchscreen LCD panel. Completely cordless, the pump motor unit has a built-in, rechargeable battery. The battery can be charged via USB connection whenever and wherever it is needed.
- Besides driving, the motor unit also serves as a backup power source for electronics.
- includes a powerful battery
- Creates essentially no operational noise
- The suction cups are constructed from BPA-free, food-grade silicone.
- Weighing in at maybe a pound or two, the bottle and flange setup
- The volume settings will persist between sessions.
When Can You Use A Breast Pump?
Breast pumps allow mothers to express milk in a simple and efficient manner. Breast pumps are available in both manual and electric varieties. When plugged into an electrical outlet, electric breast pumps make milk expression effortless. Those who intend to breastfeed may want to investigate purchasing a breast pump.
Returning to work:
Breast milk is the healthiest and most nutritious option for a newborn, and a breast pump makes it possible for a working mother to continue to offer it.
Storing milk for a later feed:
A breast pump allows you to extract milk and store it for later use. When your infant is ill and has difficulty latching on, a breast pump can be a lifesaver.
When you are unable to breastfeed for whatever reason, pumping might help relieve the discomfort of full breasts. It’s not just mastitis that can be avoided with the aid of engorgement relief (infection of milk ducts)
In addition, expressing breast milk with an electric breast pump is a lot more hassle-free. Electric breast pumps are preferable to manual ones because they eliminate the need for the user to exert any physical effort when expressing milk.
If your baby was born prematurely or is sick, you may not be able to breastfeed immediately, according to Regina Kincaid, a midwife and lactation consultant. Here’s where a high-quality electric breast pump, like the kind used in hospitals, can come in handy, allowing you to provide all the necessary nutrients for your kid. Babies born too soon can greatly benefit from breast milk.
How To Choose An Electric Breast Pump?
The following are considerations to make while selecting an electric breast pump:
Single or double pump:
It is only possible to express milk from one breast at a time with an electric pump because there is only one pumping cup. Unlike their double-electric-pump counterparts, single-electric breast pumps are easy to transport thanks to their compact size and light weight. If you just need to pump occasionally or to relieve engorgement in one breast, a single breast pump may be the best option for you.
Dual electric breast pumps allow you to pump at the same time by separating the breast into two separate cups. It speeds up the process of expressing milk and reduces the amount of time spent doing so. It’s more expensive to buy a double electric pump than a single one.
Single-user or multi-user:
As their name implies, single-user breast pumps are only meant to be used by one person at a time, and may only be useful during breastfeeding. In terms of durability and longevity, multi-user pumps far surpass single-user models. A multi-user pump, often known as a hospital-grade pump, is constructed with higher-quality components. Multi-user pumps are quite convenient, but their high price tag makes them more than twice as expensive as a single-user breast pump.
If you want to use health insurance to pay for the pump, you should verify with your provider which models are covered.
Keep in mind that your requirement is determined by the way you use the pump and how often you pump. It also depends on your personal taste and that of your potential life mate. Decide wisely.
Tips For Electric Breast Pumps Usage
Some suggestions for getting the most out of your electric breast pump:
Sanitize parts before first use:
Before using a new pump for the first time, it is recommended that you boil the suction cup and bottle parts for around ten minutes. A microwave-safe storage container is provided by some manufacturers for use during sterilization procedures. Find out how to properly disinfect your pump by consulting the manual.
Clean and dry after every use:
Breast milk should be washed from the pump’s parts that come into direct touch with it using cold water first. Clean them using a dishwashing sponge or cloth dipped in warm soapy water for a few minutes. Just give it another sprinkling of water. Don’t bother trying to dry the components. Before using again, check that all of the components are completely dry. Always check the user handbook to see whether the manufacturer has any special cleaning instructions.
The pumps’ components are prone to wear and strain. Regularly check for damage to your pump. Friction causes wear on moving parts like suction cups, tubes, and valves. It is recommended that these parts be inspected more frequently.
Single-user or multi-user:
Even though they are built to a hospital’s standards, some pumps are designed for use by only one person. In some cases, the warranty will be voided if a pump intended for a single user is used by many people. When your time with the pump is over, see if anyone else can use it. Pumps designed for more than one user might be donated to a friend or family member who is in need of an electric breast pump.
A loved one or acquaintance who is in need of an electric breast pump could benefit from receiving a multi-user pump.