If your infant has been having digestive problems like gas, it’s because their digestive tract is still maturing. In addition, they may aspirate some air while sobbing or nursing (1). The finest formula for gassy newborns may be the key to solving the problem and making the baby feel better if it is related to food.
It’s possible that the diet of the breastfeeding mother, or a particular infant formula, could cause an allergic reaction. Each of these gas-relieving baby formulae is designed to help your little one more comfortable. Read this.
Safely Using Baby Formula: Some Pointers
Baby formula safety also requires that you do the following:
- The formula’s use-by date should be verified.
- After each feeding, make sure the bottles and bowls are clean, and then read the labels and follow the instructions for how much food to give.
- If you notice your child is exhibiting any of the classic allergy signs after they have consumed the formula, such as a change in bowel habits or excessive wind, you may want to consider switching brands.
Before giving your kid any kind of formula, you should definitely check with the pediatrician.
8 Best Formula For Gassy Babies
Best Digestible: Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Baby Formula
When it comes to milk protein, Enfamil’s Gentlease infant formula is the way to go because it contains smaller, more easily digested pieces of protein. Gassy, fussy infants may benefit from the non-GMO, fat-protein blend of MFGM and DHA, specially formulated with lower lactose levels. It’s simple on the digestive system and high in both prebiotics and proteins, so it’ll help your immune system out. Watch this video for an in-depth analysis of the merchandise.
- Breast milk’s components are included in this definition.
- Ingredients from 30 different food groups
- Supports a healthier immune system
- Instantly relieves colic and gas pains
- Helps the Brain Grow
- Possible pungent odor
- Possibly acrid flavor
Best For Lactose Sensitivity: Similac Pro-Sensitive Infant Formula
Bring home the pro-sensitive formula for gassy newborns, which is formulated with 2′-FL human milk oligosaccharide and is able to alleviate gas and fussiness in infants who are lactose intolerant. Essential for the baby’s overall health, this combination of lutein, docosahexaenoic acid, and vitamin E is similar to what’s found in breast milk.
- Helps the mind and eyes grow
- Assists in the formation of immunity
- Containing no palm olein oil
- Negatively affected by synthetic growth hormones
- needs to be refrigerated after opening.
- For infants with galactosemia, it has been shown to be ineffective.
Best Organic Formula: Earth’s Best Organic Gentle Infant Powder Formula
Earth’s Best’s organic formula contains proteins that have been partially hydrolyzed. Baby gas and fussiness, common in the first year, are taken into account in the development of this formula. The DHA and ARA it contains make it a potent help to visual and cognitive growth in young children.
- Two fatty acids found naturally in breast milk.
- Iron-fortified for healthy red blood cell growth; prebiotic fiber aids in immune formation
- Non-GMO and formulated to be easily absorbed
- Palm oil content.
Best For Constipation: Gerber Good Start Soothe (HMO) Non-GMO Powder Infant Formula
Gerber’s baby powder is specially formulated to calm fussy infants suffering from digestive and colic-related gas and bloating. Breast milk contains a prebiotic called Human Milk Oligosaccharide, which is included in this product. Having a nutrient profile similar to that of breast milk, the powder is widely considered to be the best formula for relieving gas and constipation by encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria, leading to the formation of softer stools.
- All-natural and simple to digest, it’s the closest thing to breast milk for babies.
- DHA is a healthy vitamin.
- Aids the microbiota
- Half the amount of time spent in tears is cut in half.
- Possible difficulty dissolving in water.
- Included is a large scoop for easy use.
Best Taste: Earth’s Best Organic Low Lactose Sensitivity Infant Formula
This organic formula made with milk is safe for infants aged one to twelve months who suffer from gas. This lactose-reduced powder is made without the use of any artificial ingredients or preservatives. It’s ideal for treating newborns’ fussiness and gas because of the Lutein, Omega-3 DHA, and Omega-6ARA it contains.
- Lacking in artificial hormones and antibiotics
- Enhances visual and cognitive function
- Formulated with iron fortification
- Consists of prebiotics to aid in digestion
- Appetizing in flavor
- Includes both corn syrup and vegetable oil.
- Perhaps some vigorous stirring is in order to prevent lumps.
Best Hypoallergenic: Gerber Good Start Baby Formula Powder, Extensive HA
This baby formula, which contains 100% whey protein, is highly recommended if your infant has an allergy to the protein found in cow’s milk. The powder becomes easily digestible when it is ground into a finer consistency, relieving gas pains and meeting your baby’s nutritional requirements without any fuss. Help your child relax after a meal thanks to the hydrolyzed formula’s special oil blend, which encourages healthy gut behavior.
- Non-GMO Foods are Beneficial for Brain Health
- Possible greasy buildup on the bottle.
Best For Immunity: Amazon Brand Mama Bear Sensitivity Milk-Based Powder
This hypoallergenic formula, which was made with the help of 2′-FL HMO, is remarkably similar to breast milk. Sizes of 1.41oz and 12oz are offered of this low-lactose milk-based powder, both of which adhere to the nutritional and quality criteria set by the Food and Drug Administration. The company backs up its claim that their product provides adequate nourishment throughout a baby’s first year of life.
- promotes expansion and development
- Strengthens resistance
- Free of genetically modified organisms and simple to process
- Without the addition of synthetic growth hormones
- Activated by iron
- Sugar corn syrup
- Causes possible constipation
Best Nutrient-Rich: Amazon Brand – Mama Bear Gentle Infant Formula
Baby formula for babies prone to flatulence is produced with cow’s milk protein that has been partially broken down and is enriched with DHA, minerals, and vitamins. It comes in two sizes, 1.34 ounces (milder) and 12 ounces (closer to breast milk), and comes in both of those formats. This formulation is high in iron, protein, and carbs so that newborns up to 12 months old can get the nutrition they need.
- promotes expansion and development
- Non-GMO and approved by the Food and Drug Administration
- Gentler on the stomachs of infants.
- Calms a baby and stops gas pains and fussing
- Features iron
- Sugar corn syrup
Reasons Your Baby Might Be Gassy
Listed below are some potential causes of infant flatulence (2).
Babies naturally take large gulps of air while sucking, but some feeding positions might exacerbate this. The baby will be able to take in more milk and less air if you hold them at an angle of 30° to 45° while you feed them.
Gassiness isn’t the only thing a baby bottle can cause. The infant will take in more air because the seal between their lips and the nipple will be less effective if the bottle opening is too big. Therefore, it’s best to choose a bottle with a narrower aperture or choose one specifically made to minimize gas.
Because infants’ digestive systems are still developing, they can have trouble digesting foods that are too difficult for their moms to eat.
As such, it is another prevalent cause of abdominal distention. Your baby’s lactose tolerance should be evaluated by a medical professional before you make the switch to a lactose-free formula.
How To Choose The Right Formula For Gassy Babies?
Finding the finest formula for irritable, constipated infants might be challenging if you lack the necessary information. Here are some things to think about before purchasing a milk-based formula for your infant.
The nutritional needs of a baby change as they grow. Before making a purchase, read the product label to learn about the appropriate age range.
The presence of nutrients in a formulation is something you should always check for. In order to meet our baby’s nutritional needs, the formula must have DHA, vitamins, and minerals. The formula should not contain any artificial ingredients or preservatives.
Presence of prebiotics and probiotics:
The combination of these two factors aids digestion, which in turn calms the infant and lessens his or her gassiness, fussiness, and crying.
Find out as soon as possible whether your infant has any kind of allergy. One example is the fact that some infants have an allergy to lactose. To avoid bloating, a lactose-free formula is your best bet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of bottle is best for the gassy baby?
There is no better type of baby feeding bottle than an anti-colic bottle, especially for babies who tend to be gassy.
Will my baby get gassy if I eat certain foods?
Yes. Babies may experience gassiness after eating ice cream, cheese, and yogurt, all of which include whey protein and other dairy products.
Babies and newborns frequently experience gas and bloating, but these symptoms can be avoided with the appropriate formula. There are a number of baby formulae available online that aim to both soothe tummy troubles and provide a healthy meal for the infant. All of these recommended formulas for babies with gas are manufactured with natural components, are high in a variety of vitamins and nutrients, and are good for babies’ brain development in addition to alleviating gas. Babies will be able to eat these formulas with confidence and never have to worry about tummy troubles again.