You shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best helicopter toys when stocking your kid’s toy box with exciting new additions. Fun and engaging designs make these ideal for both young children and older children. Children’s curious minds can be stimulated by the exciting remote control features of these toys. To further pique your child’s interest, most helicopter toys are both portable and colorful.
Several options for helicopter toys are provided below.
11 Best Helicopter Toys
Best Lightweight: Green Toys Helicopter
To further pique your child’s interest, the Green Toys helicopter may be purchased in either blue or green. It weighs a mere 0.39 lb while being 9.63 by 6.13 by 5.88 inches and being constructed from recyclable plastic.
The product has no external coatings or toxins like BPA or PVC that could damage youngsters. Your youngster, if they are beyond the age of two, may enjoy hours of imaginative play because to the toy’s great flying capability and simple landing.
- boasts a roomy cabin
- is dishwasher safe
- Intended for use in both indoor and outdoor settings
- Produced in a chemical-free environment thanks to the use of soy inks
- Facilitates growth in motor proficiency
- It’s possible it’ll be less substantial than anticipated.
- This teddy bear ornament might not be the best fit.
Best Easy-To-Control: Syma Remote Control Helicopter
Syma’s remote control helicopter toy is a great replica of actual helicopters because it features a cool altitude hold function. Your toddler will be able to use it with ease because to the simple controls. High and low-speed adjustments can be made on its Gyro stabilizer, which is one of its 3.5 channels.
The toy helicopter’s throttle stick makes it simple to fly, making it ideal for kids and adults alike. Multiple safety certificates attest to its reliability. This video provides additional information on the plaything.
- Constructed with a strong alloy for durability
- The aircraft has two frequencies from which the pilot can choose.
- equipped with a flashlight for use in the night
- Included charging wire lets you power up your helicopter on the go.
- There are two color options to pick from.
- Not ideal for breezy regions.
- Possible fragility of the remote control.
Best Easy-To-Assemble: Deerc DE51 Remote Control Helicopter
This metal Deerc kid’s toy helicopter comes with a remote control and can be used as a model. Featuring the newest Gyroscope technology and an automatic pair, this 2.4GHz indoor flying toy comes in both red and blue helicopter shells, and it is easy to assemble.
As a result of the reliable, non-jamming signals, a swarm of helicopters can fly at once. Two interchangeable batteries provide you almost 20 minutes of playtime with the LED lights on. Please visit this link to watch a video that provides an objective review of the product in question.
- Good for both adults and children
- Features two distinct speeds
- equipped with a feature to maintain altitude
- Stopping in an emergency helps avoid destruction.
- Controllable within a fifty meter radius
- Possible inadequacy for usage in the great outdoors
- The battery pack could be a touch flimsy.
Best For Beginners: VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Helicopter
The VTech smart wheels helicopter is made for novices, with an interface that’s easy for kids as young as one to use. It’s manufactured out of PP and comes in a variety of colors, including blue, yellow, and red. New vocabulary can be learned with the help of Hank the Helicopter. Two AAA batteries are needed for the toy to work, and its mechanical propeller spins as a result. You can activate three sing-along tracks and six melodies by pressing the front windshield light-up button.
- Fantastic for use in making up games
- Encourages the growth of motor skills
- Able to be presented as a present
- Detects and reacts to the words used by Go! Toys that go!
- It’s possible it’ll be less substantial than anticipated.
- This device may need new batteries frequently.
Best BPA-Free: Green Toys Rescue Boat With Helicopter
This rescue boat and helicopter set comes in one convenient EA size and is made of recyclable plastic that has not been exposed to bisphenol A. The toys, which come in both yellow and red, are appropriate for kids aged two to six. The four-piece bath toy set includes a pilot bear and a captain duck for some fun in the tub. The external paints and dyes on the set of toys are non-toxic and the set is manufactured with safety standards in mind.
- Compatible with automatic dishwashers
- Complicated printing using soy inks
- Conforms to Food and Drug Administration requirements
- Extraordinary durability of the coating
- The helicopter’s tight confines might not be ideal for figurines.
- The possibility that it won’t float
Best For Motor Skills: Joyin Military Vehicle Toy Set
Joyin’s army toy kit features a tiltrotor helicopter for transporting troops. There are two military action figures, a canine figure, and many accessories, as well as a military truck. This bag weighs only 2.18 ounces and is composed of durable plastic that won’t harm your gear. This durable transport aircraft features lifelike light and sound effects, providing hours of entertainment while also training the mind and body. Children older than three years of age can safely consume it.
- Many different ways to express oneself
- Simple motion enabled by friction
- Allows for imaginative pretend play
- Safe by U.S. children’s play standards
- Those in uniform might be too big for the toy.
- Choking hazard due to small parts
Best Long-Lasting: WolVolk Police Helicopter
The WolVolk toy helicopter is styled after a police helicopter and comes in a sleek blue and matte black color scheme. The toy helicopter has lights and sounds to keep kids interested as they push it forward.
This helicopter toy is specially designed to foster development in key motor abilities, including hand-eye coordination. The top-notch construction and child-friendly materials make this an appealing choice. Its plastic construction makes it durable and encourages kids to use their imaginations when playing pretend war.
- Toy operated by frictional force
- A realistic police figurine dressed in camouflage, weighing only 1.01 ounces and appropriate for children aged 3 months and above.
- Perfect for giving on any special occasion
- There’s a chance that the electronics that power the lights and the speakers will break down.
- They might not be able to handle some rough treatment.
Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: Joyin 25-In-One Die-Cast Fire Truck Vehicle Toy Set
Joyin’s fire truck vehicle toy set include a carrier truck, 12 minifigures, and 12 die-cast miniature fire-engine vehicles. These include a rescue helicopter, fire ambulance, lifting fire truck, fire minivan, and an armored car. The toy set is 2.77 lb, but it’s worth it because it provides hours of entertainment while improving motor, hand-eye, and mental coordination. All of the components are of the highest quality, making this a reliable and secure option.
- The transporter may play music and flash lights.
- Fast-closing lids
- You can choose from four different hues.
- The minimum age requirement is three.
- Produced with non-toxic materials
- Simple to package as a present.
- As a possible choking hazard, button batteries should be handled with care.
- Doors that close on hinges may not close completely.
Best Friction-Powered: Vokodo Fire Rescue Helicopter
The Vokodo Fire Rescue Helicopter weighs under one pound and features a working horn and flashing lights. This red firefighting helicopter toy looks great and is easy to use. It is 11x8x5.5in in size and can move on its own thanks to its friction-powered push-and-go feature.
Rubber wheels make it easy to roll around flat ground. The toy helicopter is made with realistic details and is both safe and exciting because it is designed on a 1:16 size.
- Lacking bisphenol A
- Spinner blades
- Included is a rescue basket equipped with a detachable side crane.
- Perfect for kids ages 3-7
- Straight from the package, fun to use
- Verified by an independent laboratory to be safe for human consumption
- Possible need for constant battery replacement.
Best Light And Sound Effects: Dickie Toys Light And Sound Helicopter
This blue helicopter toy, weighing in at 1.76 pounds, is sure to be a hit with kids. The helicopter toy is 16x5x7.5in and comes with a crew that gets ready for quick action. Kids can keep their rescue readiness up in the air and at sea thanks to the whirring rotor blades of a helicopter. The winch may be wound, allowing for easy rescue and protection.
- Powered by included batteries
- Rooms with elaborate decor
- Has enticing visual and aural effects
- Propeller’s ideal velocity is safe for its users.
- Choking hazard due to small parts
- It’s possible that the battery compartment will corrode.
Best Battery-Powered: Driven By Battat Helicopter
The toy helicopter’s robust plastic construction and rotating propeller make for realistic play for kids of age three and up. Three AG13 batteries (included) power the device. The toy can make genuine noises and light up with LEDs if you press the left exhaust. This rescue chopper is perfect for kids who love to pretend and develop their imagination and creativity through play.
- It’s possible to unlock doors.
- Micro series vehicle-compatibility Lightweight Encourages practice of fine motor skills
- The volume may be too quiet for some.
- The rotor might not even be powered.
How To Choose The Right Helicopter Toy?
If you’re on the market for a kid-friendly helicopter, you may use this handy guide as a point of reference.
Make sure you pick a helicopter that is appropriate for your child’s age group.
Hand-eye coordination, cognitive ability, and motor abilities can all be enhanced with the help of age-appropriate toys.
You should look into the options for control, such as whether it is hand-held or operated by a remote. Some are designed with a competitive edge, making them ideal for head-to-head play.
Toy helicopters can have an indoor or outdoor configuration, depending on the size of the playing area.