Children are naturally inquisitive and enthusiastic learners; providing them with this enthusiasm for learning is the best method to foster their development and intellectual curiosity. The greatest kids easels can make learning a lot more enjoyable for kids, whether it’s their first time writing a letter, scribbling, or sketching.
All it takes to stimulate your child’s interest and curiosity in new things is a dash of magic, and an easel is the perfect tool to help them get started. A great addition to your kid’s bedroom, it can occupy them for long periods of time. To help you narrow down the many possibilities, we have provided a shortlist of our recommendations.
15 Best Kids Easels To Keep Them Engaged
Arkmiido Easel With Double-Sided Board
This wooden easel is perfect for keeping children occupied. There is a magnetic dry erase board and a black chalkboard on opposite sides of the easel. With a secure paper holder at the top and a tray at the base, this easel makes it easy to keep your creative materials organized.
- The height of the stand can be changed as needed (38 inches to 51.9 inches)
- Simple to put together
- It folds up neatly for stowage.
- There are four paint cups, magnetic alphabet and number tiles, and dust-free chalk included with the easel’s accessories.
- It’s crafted from long-lasting wood.
Melissa And Doug Deluxe Standing Easel
Melissa and Doug, makers of this freestanding easel, have been pioneers in the field of children’s educational toys for over 30 years. Your child’s fine motor skills will develop as he or she uses the chalkboard, dry erase board, and locking paper roll holder included in this set. It’s simple to put together and has a height adjustment feature.
- Comes with a secure paper cutter, four convenient clip holders, and two clear plastic storage bins.
- a surface for boards that is simple to wipe down
- It collapses for convenient stowage.
- Chalk, paint, mugs, and brushes all come in their own individual boxes.
- Intended for use by kids aged 3 and up
- Converts from a single- to a double-use frame in a snap
- There may be occasions where the stand and the drill hole do not align perfectly.
- The wood’s outside could be rough.
Joyooss Kids Wooden Easel
The wooden easel is a great way to encourage creativity and learning while keeping your youngster entertained for hours. In addition to a chalkboard and paper clips, it features a magnetic green board on one side. This easel’s height is modifiable between 37 and 50 inches.
- The magnetic easel has magnets on both sides.
- Formaldehyde-free and made from premium wood
- One roll of 16-foot drawing paper is included.
- Included are a carrying case, three whiteboard markers, and an eraser.
- Included are colorful magnetic letters
- The tray may easily be mistaken for being too fragile.
- Possibly peels with usage
Step 2 All Around Easel For 2
Step 2 is always developing and exploring new and interesting ways to integrate healthy, socially-engaged play for children into their daily life. Your kid can be creative on either the chalkboard or the dry erase board of this easel. All of your kid’s immediate playthings may fit on the tray, and the storage containers will make it simple to keep things tidy.
- Double-sided art paper
- Includes one large tray and two smaller ones that may be removed.
- Incorporates filmed examples of art
- A 94-piece set of soft foam magnets are included.
- Low-Assembly Needed
- Durable and lightweight
- It’s possible that the side trays can be removed quickly and easily.
- It could be tough to get rid of chalk scribbles.
Delta Children Double-Sided Easel
This Paw Patrol easel features Skye and Everest, and it can be used as a blackboard or a magnetic whiteboard. The sturdy wooden frame is accompanied by two roomy fabric bins for further organization. Each and every one of the CPS requirements for safety has been met or exceeded.
- Intentionally made for kids older than 3
- Comprises a set of alphabet magnets
- Baskets of fabric are stored below the board.
- Nick.Jr. characters are available in a wide variety of forms.
- Step 2 Flip And Doodle Desk
Step2 Flip and Doodle Desk with Stool Easel
This easel doubles as a desk, providing a versatile and functional workspace for young students. Easy as flipping down the easel, you now have a workstation. The included art clip can be used to keep sketching and painting sheets in place, and the desktop caddy can hold a variety of art equipment.
- Includes a dry erase board with magnets
- There are three large bins and two smaller ones included.
- One can make advantage of the back storage space.
- The set even has a nice stool for sitting.
- Complicated to put together?
- The possibility of no drill holes
KidKraft Deluxe Wood Easel
Because it is made out of wood composite, this easel will last for a long time and will be safe for kids to use. An integrated paper towel dispenser may be quickly restocked. This double-sided board has a large tray beneath it and two smaller trays on either side.
- Package contains two anti-slip, sealable cups with a patent pending design.
- Whiteboards and blackboards
- This pack of art paper includes one full roll.
- Three-stage height-adjustment capability
- Solid and not readily toppleable
- As time goes on, the paint could start to chip.
- The easel’s legs might not be sturdy enough.
B. Toys Double Sided Drawing Board Table Top
B.’s innovative sketching surface has two sides. Two teenage artists will find plenty of room to work in Toys. Your kid will have access to a dry-erase whiteboard on one side and a blackboard on the other when you unfold the drawing board. It comes with four non-toxic washable markers, an eraser, and a white piece of chalk.
- Storage shelf and drawing surface in one
- Handy carrying strap
- Strong clamp for holding paper in place.
- For use with kids above the age of two.
- Some chalk markings might not be clearly visible.
- It may be tough to resolve this case.
Arkmiido Wooden Art Easel
This three-in-one easel is sure to inspire your kid’s artistic side. Paper rolls can be placed on top of the chalkboard or whiteboard while students doodle and draw with chalk or markers underneath. Youngsters from 2 to 9 will enjoy it.
- Its height ranges from 30 to 45 inches.
- Includes two rows of slots for chalk
- Includes a spacious bottom shelf
- Comes includes 6 magnetic cartoon stickers and a magnetic letter and number set.
- Packaged includes a whiteboard eraser and three dust-free chalks.
- Surface of the board is 99% dust-proof.
Delta Children Kids Easel And Play Station
This pink easel folds down into a large workstation, making it ideal for the budding artist in your life. Easy to construct and clean, it also has a spacious drawer perfect for storing your kid’s playthings.
- Includes a dry erase board with magnets
- The included stool has a weight capacity of 50 pounds.
- Huge washable cloth basket for storing toys
- On the back, there are compartments for storage.
- Secure and long-lasting coating
- As time goes on, the paint could start to chip.
- There’s a chance it’s not scratch-proof.
Toys Of Wood Oxford Wooden Easel For Children
Adjustable and collapsible, this wooden whiteboard easel is a great method to keep your toddler occupied in one place. It’s eco-friendly, may be utilized either standing up or lying down, and has multiple placement options.
- Packaged with an eraser and erasable marker
- Comes with 25 magnetic wooden letters, numerals, and shapes to build your vocabulary.
- Contains ten cards with twenty different designs.
- A paper roll is included.
- Consists of a carrying case
- Ink smudges occasionally.
- Complete disassembly for storage may be necessary.
BeeBeeRun Kids Tabletop Easel
This compact easel serves dual use as both a chalkboard and a dry erase board. It’s sturdy wood that folds up compactly for safe keeping. Any dust or chalk residue can be readily removed with a damp cloth or eraser on the chalkboard.
- Built-in paper roll holder and paper roll included.
- Contains a dust-free chalk
- Includes over 140 magnetic letter and number magnets and magnetic form pieces.
- Used as a tabletop or a flat board
MMP Living Kids Easel
First, you and your kid will notice the striking red hue. The boards of this kid-friendly easel may be slid to the proper height by loosening the side knobs. A range of 38–48 inches in height adjustment is available.
- Dual-purpose (chalkboard and magnetic board)
- Includes a spacious storage compartment in the bottom.
- Two fabric bins are included for convenient storing.
- Portability is facilitated via knobs.
- Includes a straightforward instruction booklet for building
- It could be difficult to change sides.
- Some people may find that storage bins reduce their legroom.
Grow’n Up Crayola Kids Easel
This Crayola-licensed double easel is perfect for creative kids over the age of three. It has a huge surface area and can be folded up and put away quickly. It has a height of 42.20 inches and is easy to put together.
- Includes both a dry-erase and a regular chalkboard.
- There is a clip on each of the cork boards for keeping papers in place.
- equipped with a drawer for extra supplies
- Kit includes 77 magnetic letters and numbers.
- Included in the package are 12 pieces of Crayola chalk and an eraser of the same brand.
- The tray for storage could be considered inadequate by some.
- Possible appearance of being too tenuous
Hape Early Explorer Tabletop Kids Easel
With this desktop easel, your budding artist may be entertained for long periods of time. This magnetic whiteboard/chalkboard easel is suitable for use by youngsters as young as two. Hape only uses non-toxic, kid-friendly ingredients in all of their products.
- Easy to carry and transport
- an easel that may be used on both sides
- You get two chalks and an eraser.
- Features a magnetic wood clamp for easy installation.
- Produced from timber from responsibly managed forests
- You could get chalk all over your clothes.
- The screws might not be reliable.
We’ve reached the conclusion of our discussion of the top easels for kids, so now let’s examine their advantages.
Benefits Of Kids Easels
- A child’s inner scientist, inventor, or artist can finally be let out with the help of an easel. When given the opportunity to do something constructive, even the youngest children stand up, learn on their own, and build self-assurance.
- Most kids have too much energy to remain still for very long, and would rather run around the home. They can be kept patient by an easel, which helps them to remain grounded.
- The concept that “there is a correct place for everything” can be introduced to a youngster through the use of a standard kids’ easel, which often includes crayons, markers, erasers, and storage bins. Kids learn the value of organization as they use the included trays and bins to store their belongings.
- A youngster will eventually master the use of an art tool, such as a paintbrush or marker, on the classroom whiteboard. His ability to control his movements precisely is honed by this.
- What we consider to be simple steps in making something on the board may look like a major undertaking to a toddler. Look at your kid’s first attempts with a paintbrush, his color blending, and the ultimate product he creates on paper. To put it simply, he will benefit from a considerable increase in his mental acuity after doing all of these measures.
- When two toddlers sit across from each other at an easel, they’re not simply sharing ideas; they’re also fostering each other’s independence as artists. A kid’s maturation as a social being is hastened by this.
How To Choose The Right Kids Easels?
If you’re trying to find your kid the perfect easel, consider these guidelines.
- Do your research thoroughly before making a hasty purchase. Get advice from other parents and read internet reviews.
- Select a flipchart as your board of choice (black board and magnetic dry-erase board).
- Buy an age-appropriate easel if you’re planning on giving one to a child. Certain easels should never be used by anyone younger than 2.
- Make sure the wood is of good quality, and any paint used should be child-safe and non-toxic.
- The easel’s weight should be reasonable, but it shouldn’t be too light either. Your kid could get wounded if it topples over because it’s too hefty.
- Choose an easel that comes with magnetic letters, numbers, chalks, and crayons. In this way, when your kid is ready to tackle the board, he or she will have a lot of tools to select from.
- Getting an easel with a height adjustment feature is a wise investment because kids tend to grow rapidly.
- Finding out if the easel you’re considering can be folded is also important. Having the ability to fold it up neatly makes it more convenient to store away when not in use.