Managing the pain of a growing belly is a major obstacle to overcome during pregnancy. In light of this, we have compiled a set of the most effective maternity belts and belly bands to help ease your suffering. These belts can support the extra weight, reducing the strain on your back, hips, and pelvis, which can help alleviate the pain you’re experiencing. In the event that your body requires extra support after pregnancy, you might utilize one of these belts. So look about until you find a band that is both pliable and comfy for you.
25 Best Maternity Belts
We have a variety of pregnancy belly bands and belts for you here. Pick the one that best fits your needs.
Best Breathable Fabric Maternity Belt: AZMED Maternity Belt
The AZMED maternity belt can help alleviate back, hip, and pelvic pain by distributing your growing baby’s weight evenly over your body. This video provides additional information on the belt.
- The breathable and stretchy material keeps you from sweating excessively in that area.
- Compression at the belly button helps support the growing baby.
- Restores your natural curves and strengthens your core after pregnancy.
- Up to a 46″ waist circumference is supported.
Best Plus Size Adjustable Maternity Belt: Flexguard Plus-Size Maternity Support Belt
The search for the ideal pregnancy belt can be more challenging if you are overweight. You could see whether a Flexguard belt in a larger size works for you.
- It comes in sizes up to 3X, which means it will suit bellies measuring 54 to 62 inches around.
- Changing its size is simple. It has the flexibility to grow with your pregnant belly.
- It’s great for helping you straighten out your back and shoulders.
- It helps alleviate discomfort in the lower back, hips, and pelvis.
Best Post C-Section Maternity Belt: Cabea Maternity Support Belt
The Cabea maternity support belt can provide assistance for women facing acute pelvic pain in their final week of pregnancy. By relocating the weight of the abdomen away from the pelvis, it relieves discomfort there. To learn more, check out the video below:
- This option is lightweight, flexible, and comfortable to wear.
- The exterior is constructed from a blend of neoprene, spandex, and nylon that is both strong and stretchy. The abdominal area is lifted up softly by the Velcro.
- The belt’s groin band, designed to alleviate pain in the pelvic floor and lower back, is included. Wearing it after a C-section is also highly recommended.
Best Two-Strap Support Maternity Belt: Maternity FITsplint
During pregnancy, a FITsplint belt can help you maintain your fitness routine by providing abdominal support while running. Watch this video to learn the ins and outs of this belt.
- Breathable nylon, neoprene, and silicone make up the rest of the materials.
- The belt’s middle divide increases its adaptability.
- It can be worn in three different configurations and is supported by two straps.
- As a result of the abdominal lift, strain on the urinary system is relieved.
- The belt may be adjusted in size, is thin and flexible, and provides support for the back.
Best Maternity Belt For Carrying Twins: Babo Care Maternity Belt
The hip, back, and pelvic discomfort of pregnancy can be alleviated with the help of the Babo care maternity belt. Those expecting twins can benefit from this.
- The double-layer construction, both above and below, provides powerful abdominal support.
- The stretchy and lightweight material allows for unrestricted movement in all directions.
- It’s elastic, so you can make it any size you want.
- Easy execution of routine tasks is facilitated.
- Size L (length – 45in) and XL (length – 50in) are also available (length – 49in)
Best Maternity Belt With Steel Frame: It’s You Babe Cradle Belly Band for Twins & Multi Birth Pregnancy
This pregnancy belt eases discomfort in the stomach and back, and it also aids in decreasing swelling in the legs and feet.
- The cotton and spandex construction allows for easy airflow.
- Supportive compression is provided without the bulk.
- This double belt has a steel support structure inside to ease discomfort in the lower back, hips, and stomach.
- As a result, you’ll be able to sit, stand, and bend with greater ease.
- It has a one-of-a-kind Velcro strap that can be lengthened and tightened as needed.
- The belt’s front is designed to fit snugly under the belly, while the back is wider to protect and support the lower back.
- The benefits of using it during pregnancy and after delivery are numerous.
- It can be cleaned in the washing machine. Put it in a sink of warm water with some detergent for 10 minutes, then drain and rinse it thoroughly.
Best Maternity Belt For Active Moms: Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt
This is a fantastic exercise belt for busy moms-to-be. Extra help, balance, and stability during your workouts.
- Polyesther (50%) cotton (30%) and lycra (20%) make up the fabric.
- Its innovative design ensures that it won’t be seen even if you pull your jeans down.
- You’ll be able to keep your posture in check and minimize those stretch mark scars.
- It may be adjusted to fit your needs and is soft and pliable enough for all-day wear.
- The belt has a handy back pocket for instant cold or hot therapy.
- It’s meant to treat back discomfort by increasing circulation, relaxing back muscles, and releasing tension.
Best Maternity Belt For Lower Back Pain: Soft Form Maternity Support Belt
This pregnancy belt provides abdominal and lumbar support, alleviating pressure on the lower back. Since it just provides minimal compression, you can wear it beneath your dress.
- It’s made without latex and has a latex-free nylon/cotton lining.
- It’s entirely modifiable and safe to use all the way through your pregnancy.
- The lower stomach is lifted easily and without effort by the abdominal lift attachment.
- The belt’s elastic side panels allow air circulation while while applying light pressure.
- This belt has an inside strap that keeps it from sliding around your waist.
Best Stretchable Nylon Maternity Belt: Ingrid & Isabel Bellaband Basic Original Maternity Belly Band
It’s a great all-around belly band that serves several functions and can be used before, during, and after pregnancy. You can wear it long or fold it up for a more snug fit or for more stability.
- It’s 84% nylon and 16% cotton.
- has a silicone strip that remains in place even when stretched, so you can wear your pants without worrying about them falling down.
- It can be cleaned in the washing machine.
Best Gentle-Compression Maternity Belt: Toros Group Maternity Support Band
The tummy is hidden by the Toros maternity support band so you can concentrate on your workout without being distracted by your stomach.
- It’s soft and lightweight, so it won’t bother you while you’re dressing.
- Because it takes some of the weight off your lower back, it also helps with hip and pelvic problems.
- It provides quick relief from hip and pelvic problems by gently compressing the abdomen area.
- There is a wide range of sizes, and it serves to prevent stretch marks on the stomach area.
- It helps strengthen your core muscles and corrects your posture for optimal health.
- Simply simply flipping it inside out, it transforms from a maternity support belt into an abdominal binder girdle.
- It’s comfortable enough to wear throughout and beyond pregnancy.
Best Light-weight Maternity Belt: La-Reve Maternity Belly Band
You can wear this maternity belly band throughout your pregnancy and even after you give birth. This belly band is gentle on surgical incisions after a C-section.
- It can be worn long to cover your growing belly, or folded in half to conceal your undone belt loops.
- The loose style of this garment makes it perfect for layering over your maternity wear.
- The fabric is comfortable, stretchy, and airy.
- It has a silicone strip that stays in place and gives you more support, so your pants won’t ride down.
- It’ll help you stay cool while being light and non-sticky.
- It’s great for any time of year.
- It can be worn before, during, and after pregnancy to accommodate growing bellies and return to pre-pregnancy sizes.
Bando Belly Band For Pregnancy
The Bando Tummy Band during pregnancy is made to comfort and support a pregnant woman’s expanding belly.
- The belly band helps with back, pelvic, and spinal discomfort.
- This belly band has a second life after pregnancy as well.
- It has a tube-bra function as well.
- There are three sizes of the band available.
- There are two tonal options: black and white.
Belevation Belly Band
When a woman is overweight during pregnancy, she may experience more discomfort. If you’re a woman with a larger bump who needs a belly band, the Belevation is a great option.
- It fits like a glove and doesn’t bother your skin.
- It’s stretchy nylon and nylon, so it’s not too heavy.
- It can be washed in the washing machine. Cleaning with non-chlorine bleach is fine.
NEOtech Care Brand
Here is an elastic band that can be stretched to fit any wrist.
- This item is constructed from a lightweight, breathable material.
- Multiple layers of laminate construction include a cotton and nylon elastic inside.
- The abdominal lift attachment helps maintain the belt in position and relieves stress on the back and pelvis.
Bracoo Maternity Belt
This belt was made for those who suffer from lower back pain.
- If you’re expecting a baby, this is the perfect cradle for them to rest in while you’re still pregnant.
- This belt helps prevent uterine prolapse by giving your lower back some much-needed support.
- It can be adjusted to fit your needs, and it includes a supplementary belt for a more secure fit that will help with your posture and provide comfort.
- Comfort and mobility are both enhanced by the four-way stretch fabric.
- It can be quickly and easily applied and removed, and it can be worn covertly thanks to the Velcro fastener.
- After giving birth, it can be used as a body shaper to get back into shape.
Yosoo Maternity Belt
Yosoo’s Maternity Belt helps pregnant women feel more comfortable by providing hip support. The modest compression support and stress relief offered by the double elastic band are especially welcome by the stomach, lower back, pelvis, and hips.
- Spandex and cotton make up the fabric, which is soft and comfortable on the skin.
- This helps alleviate some of the strain placed on the spine by a heavy infant.
- The Velcro closure may be adjusted to the size of your expanding tummy, and the fabric is breathable and lightweight.
- The belt is useful both before and after giving birth.
- Up to 46″ waists can wear it comfortably.
OHALEEP Pregnancy Belly Support Band
Wearing this lightweight maternity belt might help you feel more at ease during your pregnancy. It eliminates lower back pain and provides constant support if worn properly around the midsection. The belt has just the right amount of compression and stretch to keep your bladder from feeling squished or under any sort of pressure. It eases discomfort, promotes better weight distribution, and speeds healing after childbirth.
- There are three sizes to choose from.
- Mesh ventilation panels are built in.
- Panels that stretch in two directions (biaxial) provide more padding than traditional panels.
- Adjustable fabric temperature
Zenda Naturals Pregnancy Band
The belt’s special construction helps your developing belly stay supported without causing discomfort to your lower back. It’s comfortable enough to wear for nine months.
- Made from a lightweight, breathable fabric.
- The straps can be adjusted to fit a burgeoning belly of any size.
Prenatal Cradle V2 Support Maternity Belt
Compression therapy for the vulvar veins, uterine veins, bladder veins, vaginal veins, perineal veins, vaginal pressure, and lymphedema is provided.
- It is constructed from a variety of synthetic and natural fibers including polyester, spandex, cotton, and nylon.
- Depending on your needs, you can modify the amount of compression provided by the V2 supporter belt.
- It aids in regaining one’s pre-pregnancy frame of mind.
Enjoy Colorful Life Maternity Belt
This pregnancy belt eases discomfort in the lower back by relieving stress on the spine.
- Premium, elasticized, and breathable nylon (80%) and spandex (20%) fabric with a polyester (100%).
- It comes in an unrestricted size range from 33 to 120 inches around the waist.
- Comes with an adjustable strap of sturdy Velcro to help keep your ligaments in place.
- Because it applies no pressure whatsoever, the ‘zero pressure’ support it provides is ideal for providing abdominal stability.
- It needs to be washed with a moderate detergent and allowed to dry in the air.
Prenatal Cradle Original, Large, White
The manufacturer of this maternity belt asserts that it can treat lordosis, sciatica, and a protruding belly.
- The exterior is a laminated composite, while the interior is either nylon or cotton.
- Pain in the pubis and hips is alleviated, and the uterus is freed from its resting place in the pelvic cradle.
- The improved circulation and resulting decreased discomfort and edema in the legs and ankles are the direct results of this treatment.
- Perfect for fit and athletic females who like to workout.
- Makes you stand taller and more confidently.
JoJo Maternity Pregnancy Support Belt
If you’re experiencing joint tiredness or muscle soreness in the pelvic area, this maternity brace can help.
- The pregnancy belt is made of a laminated fabric with an elastic cotton or nylon lining.
- It can be adjusted to the size of your belly throughout your pregnancy.
- Reduces the strain on your lower back while gently lifting your abdominal region.
Vikka Breathable Maternity Belt
The belt strengthens the core, which in turn helps alleviate back and pelvic pain and improves your posture. It provides light abdominal compression as well.
- It’s highly adjustable and comprised of breathable cotton, nylon, and spandex fabric.
- The Velcro straps allow it to be adjusted to fit a tummy size between 24 and 42 inches.
- Postpartum women can use it safely.
Maternity Back Support Belt
Pregnancy might be uncomfortable, but with the help of this maternity belt, you can alleviate lower back pain and other discomforts.
- Built with a special multi-layer soft lamination and lined with a comfy cotton/nylon blend.
- It has elastic side panels that gently compress the abdomen and contain no latex.
- Provides a natural and comfortable abdominal lift with no added pressure.
- Is easily modified to fit your expanding belly throughout pregnancy.
- remains in place while being both malleable and lightweight.
- Compatible with a wide range of wardrobes.
Prenatal Cradle Plus V2 Supporter
In addition to enhancing your posture, it helps alleviate some of the discomforts of pregnancy.
- Relieves strain on the pelvic region.
- Increased blood flow and decreased ankle and leg edema are the results.
- As a result, vulvar vein edema is reduced.
- If you only want the cradle’s support and not the V2 feature, that’s no problem.
How Are Maternity Belts Different From Belly Bands?
Although the terms “band” and “belt” may be interchangeable in context, they are not the same.
A tube top-like garment known as a belly band. To get back into your pre-pregnancy clothes, this aids by flattening the stomach. It’s adaptable enough to fit your changing body as your belly expands.
If you’re pregnant and finding it difficult to support your expanding belly, a maternity belt can help. As a result, your lower back and hips will feel less pressure.
Learn what to look for in a pregnancy belt before making your purchase.
How To Choose The Right Maternity Belt?
Do not settle for a maternity belt that lacks any of these essential qualities.
To adequately support your back and abdomen, you need a belt that fits snugly but comfortably.
Easy to clean:
Look for ones that can be washed in the washing machine, as you will need to clean it once a week. Time and effort are both saved as a result.
Choose pregnancy bands or belts with care, keeping an eye out for high quality at a fair price.
When Is A Maternity Belt Used?
Pregnancy belts are helpful when:
- Unfortunately, your weight growth has exceeded all expectations.
- Congratulations, you and your partner will soon be welcoming twins.
- You’ve got aches and pains in your back and pelvis.
- Pain from sciatica can be debilitating.
- It hurts around your ligaments.
- Maternity belts help with more than just back and pelvic discomfort.
What Are The Benefits Of A Maternity Belt?
Your back will begin to hurt as your belly expands, and you’ll need help carrying out your normal chores until you can find a comfortable solution. The following are two of the many possible benefits of using a maternity belt:
It offers support and relief from pain:
You may notice a little shift in your center of gravity as your pregnancy progresses. Wearing a pregnancy belt can alleviate back pain, nausea, and difficulty walking, sitting, and bending by redistributing your weight across your abdominal area.
Because of the changes in your center of gravity brought on by your expanding tummy, your posture will change as well. A maternity belt provides much-needed lumbar support, allowing you to stand tall and straight throughout your pregnancy.
Provides enough compression for active mothers:
The compression also makes it easier to complete the workouts as scheduled. Look for maternity belts that provide the most support for your belly if you plan to keep jogging or running during your pregnancy.
One can continue to use a maternity belt after giving birth. Whether you gave birth naturally or via cesarean section, this aids in getting back into shape.
Promotes blood circulation:
Wearing a maternity belt or band will keep your core warm and increase blood flow to your lower back and abdomen. This improves circulation, which speeds up the healing process by getting oxygen to the tired abdominal muscles.
Keep in mind that the only way to get the benefits of a maternity belt is to actually wear it.
“Belly bands work to stabilize the pelvis, increasing your balance and giving your muscles some extra support,” says Shawnda Dorantes MSN, APRN, FNP-C, an esteemed nurse practitioner and entrepreneur headquartered in California. It’s important to choose the correct kind of maternity belt or band for your situation. Please remove these devices immediately if you experience any pain or discomfort while using them.
How To Wear A Maternity Belly Support Belt?
Follow these simple steps:
- The maternity belt should be worn under the belly and just above the pelvic area.
- Close the belt by bringing the strap around your torso and securing it with the hook or loop on the other side. The belt can be made more or less snug using either the loop or the hook.
- The maternity belt has multiple settings to ensure your comfort throughout your pregnancy.
- If you follow these instructions and keep a few things in mind, the maternity belt will be a great help during your pregnancy.
6 Tips To Wear A Pregnancy Support Belt
To assist you maximize the benefits of your belt, consider the following:
- Do not go out and buy a maternity belt before you’ve talked to your doctor. They would let you know if a belt is necessary and if so, what kind you can wear.
- As each pregnancy is unique, so too may be the clothes that flatter you best during this time. Think about how a maternity belt is constructed and how well it will support your growing belly and ease any discomfort. The best course of action is to follow your doctor’s advice.
- Wear the pregnancy belt to bed if you’re experiencing pain or discomfort. It can help you feel better and get some rest.
- Before purchasing a pregnancy belt, it is recommended that you measure your belly and compare the results to the size charts.
- Don’t feel like you have to have the belt on at all times. When you are not experiencing any discomfort or are too exhausted to utilize the belt, you are free to forego wearing it.
- Read the label on the maternity belt and use it as directed. If you wear your pregnancy belt or band incorrectly, you may have additional discomfort, including back pain.
A Thing To Note
Never forget that maternity belts are not without their drawbacks. They could make your existing pain worse, cause skin irritation and discomfort, and even affect your unborn child’s heart rate (3).
You don’t have to stop doing the things you enjoy just because you’re expecting a child. If you equip yourself with a few helpful pregnancy accessories, you’ll be able to relax and take pleasure in this wonderful time. If you use them, you can speed up the end of your pregnancy.