It’s beneficial to expose children to music early on since it may serve as both a source of comfort and inspiration. Thanks to technological advancements, an infinite music library is now within reach via portable devices. Consider factors like storage capacity, portability, and battery life when shopping for the finest music players for kids.
With today’s music players, your kid may easily listen to a wide variety of music and decide which styles they like best. Here is a list of the best children’s music players to get them started in the world of music.
11 Best Music Players For Kids
Best Overall: AGPTEK A02 MP3 Player
This MP3 player is perfect for those who want to listen to music in perpetuity on long car rides. It has a 70-hour battery life, can be charged quickly, and is incredibly compact, making it ideal for travel.
- Compact; ideal for purse or pocket
- Access to music downloads is simple.
- Integrated storage space of 8GB
- Keeps up to two thousand tunes
- Incorporates a wide variety of file types
- Possibility of requiring user intervention to toggle between storage
Best Multipurpose MP3 Player: Grtdhx MP3 Player
This MP3 player has many options that could appeal to kids. Watch this video review to learn more about the product and make a wise purchasing choice.
- Because the music player is Bluetooth-enabled, the youngster can listen to music through wireless headphones.
- You can monitor your step count with a pedometer. Calorie expenditure can be roughly calculated by the gadget as well.
- An FM radio recording feature is integrated into the device, allowing the user to save any music that is being broadcast. The alarm is another crucial component.
- Music can be bookmarked so that it can be played again at a later time.
- Users have complained that the MP3 player frequently does not play playlists imported from a PC.
- Customers believed the product’s user interface and functionalities were lacking.
Best Easy-To-Use MP3 Player: AGPTEK K1 Music Player for Kids
This one is an infant/toddler-friendly music player that doesn’t have any complicated features.
- The toddler can easily navigate the music library with the help of directional arrow buttons.
- The volume and screen brightness can be regulated by the parents.
- The child can listen to music without using headphones thanks to the device’s built-in speaker.
- This kid-friendly MP3 player has extras including an image viewer, calendar, FM radio, and games.
- It has an internal memory of 8GB, which the producer claims can hold up to 2000 songs.
- There is no indication of battery life. There is no method to check the battery’s charge level and top it off before it runs out.
- Grass-Fed, Home-Delivered Kid’s Crafts
Best Expandable Memory MP3 Player: Berennis MP3 Player
This portable MP3 player is convenient due to its small size and numerous functions.
The Bluetooth feature enables wireless audio playback to a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.
The player can play seven different types of audio files.
Optional functions such as voice recording, FM radio, video playing, and image browsing are included.
The device’s default storage capacity is 16GB, and it can be upgraded with a TF card to a maximum of 128GB.
- A few early adopters have reported that their devices stopped functioning after a period of months.
Best MP3 Player With Back Clip: KLANGTOP MP3 Player
It’s possible that this Klangtop MP3 player, with its simple, monochrome display, may appeal to parents seeking for a portable music player for their children.
- The internal memory of the music player is 8GB, and it can be upgraded to 32GB with a microSD card.
- Along with the player, a micro USB cable for charging and a carrying case are included.
- The back clip makes it easy for a kid to clip the device to their clothes or a bag.
- FM radio and an automatic shutoff timer are two of the extra features.
- The fact that the player broke after only a few months of use dissatisfied some customers.
- Some customers were sent units that were unable to pair with a Bluetooth headset.
Best Touchscreen MP3 Player: Apple iPod Touch
An MP3 player with a sleek, modern design, resembling an iPhone but lacking cellular connectivity.
- When compared to standard MP3 players, the custom microprocessor allows for much quicker operation.
- The high-resolution, four-inch display is a nice touch.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are included as convenient connectivity capabilities, allowing for wireless music streaming from a variety of music apps.
- You can choose from six different hues for your gadget.
- The iOS system has various tools for keeping children under control, including a volume limiter.
- Slightly more costly than comparable MP3 players.
Best MP3 Player With Good Battery: Sony NW-E395 Music Player
If you’re looking for a music player from a reputable electronic company, this is one option to consider.
- iTunes and Windows Media Player, among others, can be used with the player. Files can also be transferred by “drag and drop.”
- After being fully charged, the battery can power your music player for up to 35 hours.
- A data and charging USB cable is included in the package.
- There are three different memory capacities to choose from (4GB, 8GB, and 16GB).
- According to purchasers, the device does not recognize playlists and instead plays music in the order it was stored. When the’shuffle’ button is pressed, songs are not always randomly reordered.
Best Audio-Visual MP3 Player: Ruizu MP3 Player
A kid-friendly music player that plays a variety of file types.
- There are a total of eight different video file formats and five different audio file formats that may be played on this music player.
- There is a speaker in the device, so you may listen to music or podcasts without plugging in headphones.
- The screen’s 1080p resolution guarantees crisp visuals.
- FM radio and an eBook reader are two extras.
- There is room for a 128GB MicroSD card in that slot.
- The music player does not allow for album or artist-based sorting. All songs are instead presented in alphabetical order.
Best Wearable MP3 Player: Sony NW-WS413 Wearable MP3 Player
This device could be an option if you’re shopping for a cordless, portable music player for a sporty adolescent.
- This music player has two huge earphones coupled with a string that runs around the back of the neck, allowing for cordless use and portability.
- You won’t have to worry about dust or sweat getting inside. It can be used in saltwater and freshwater up to a depth of two meters.
- The package includes both standard headphones and waterproof earphones.
- For some people, 4GB of storage space may be insufficient.
- Because there is no display, the kid can’t see the available songs and select one to listen to.
Best Bluetooth MP3 Player: SanDisk 8GB Clip Jam MP3 Player
This portable MP3 player is manufactured by a well-known company that specializes in hard drives.
- The MP3 player is compact and has a clip so the kid can carry it in a pocket or clip it to a backpack.
- The music player is available in three different color displays: black and white, color, and color with Bluetooth.
- You can choose between 8GB and 16GB of storage space. There are seven various hues to choose from.
- Once charged, the battery can keep going for 18 hours.
- It’s backed by a limited manufacturer’s guarantee for two years.
- There are only a handful of file types that can be read by the gadget. Older teens that want more from their MP3 player may not be the target audience for this product.
- After a few months of use, some customers experienced battery issues.
Best Lightweight MP3 Player: G.G.Martinsen Versatile MP3 Player
This is the best-looking and least expensive MP3 player for kids that you can buy.
- The music player’s front panel has just five buttons, so even a young child may use it with ease.
- A microSD card of 16GB’s capacity is preinstalled in the device before shipment.
- You can choose from one of nine hues for your music player.
- A photo viewer and a voice recorder are two of the supplementary functions.
- It was reported by parents that transferring music to the MP3 player was simple thanks to the device’s support for ‘drag and drop’ file transfer when synced with a PC.
- Some customers have complained that their devices won’t power on or show their music library.
How To Choose A Music Player For Children?
When shopping for a child’s music player, keep these things in mind:
Easy to operate:
There should ideally be large, simple buttons for playback and control that even the youngest hands can operate. Having an easy-to-grasp UI is a huge plus.
Discrete MP3 players are a viable option. Some MP3 players’ plastic housings might be held together with screws, making them more sturdy.
Supported audio formats:
Most media players can play MP3 files. But not all devices can handle media files in formats such as MP4, WMA, etc. Before buying, be sure the format matches what you need.
Some portable music players have memory cards that can be used to add to the device’s already sizable internal storage, while others only have the capacity to hold a limited number of songs.
Safety and parental control:
Children’s music players typically include extras like games, an alarm clock, and an FM radio to keep them entertained.
Safety and parental control:
The loudness can be changed on some players. Depending on the software they’re using (Android, iOS), portable music players may include extensive parental controls.
Since a music player is an electronic equipment, it’s important to take care when using it.
Tips For Safe Usage Of Kids’ MP3 Players
Here are some precautions you should take before utilizing a music player.
Keep the volume down; the World Health Organization reports an increase in adolescent hearing loss due to the widespread use of headphones (1). You can request that your youngster listen to music at a specific volume level.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that kids turn off all screens at least one hour before bed (2). If your MP3 player allows it, you should put a time limit on how long you can spend watching videos.
Don’t use it when you’re eating; your full attention should be on your food. While everyone is eating, put the music player away to charge.
Except for a select handful, the gadgets are reasonably priced and simple to operate. If you want more choices, you might look into alternatives that are comparable to the ones presented here. No matter what kind of player you get your kid, make sure they learn how to use it properly and limit their daily usage to a reasonable amount of time.
How We Selected The Best Music Players For Kids
There is a wide selection of stylish, up-to-date music players for youngsters. In order to find the greatest items on the market, we conducted extensive research and analysis. These music players provide plenty of capacity for your music, crystal clear sound, simple controls, and other features that make them easy to use. In addition, we have taken into account the feedback of actual customers so that you may make an informed purchase decision.
If you want your kid to develop a lifelong appreciation for music, consider purchasing one of the top-rated portable audio players featured below. Pick one that will last a long time, is simple to use, and has Bluetooth capabilities. Make sure it has parental controls so your kids can enjoy music without any interference. In addition, you should get one that has a sizable internal memory, can hold lots of data, and has useful extras like an FM radio, a clock, and an alarm.