You may make all sorts of artwork with the greatest paint markers on metal, wood, stone, plastic, paper, and glass. These paint markers are versatile enough to be used for anything from a school art assignment for your kid to your own personal creative pursuits. You might even give them to your kids if they enjoy painting and being creative.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the greatest ones available so you can make an informed decision. We also provide some advice on how to pick the right one. Just keep on reading!
15 Best Paint Markers For Kids
Artistro Acrylic Paint Markers
Artistro’s acrylic paint markers use quick-drying ink made from water. You can use them to draw small details and fine lines, and they leave an opaque, glossy finish on both dark and light surfaces. You may also use them to add a personal touch to and other types of presents. The package of 12 bright colors comes with robust tips that flow evenly over a wide range of media, from stone and pottery to metal and canvas to cloth and clay to polymer. As promised, here is my frank assessment of the product in question.
- Fitted with a sharp point.
- Also effective on smooth rocks and terracotta vases.
- Could wear out quickly
- The cap may need to be opened very gently.
Do A Dot Art! Rainbow Washable Paint Markers
Washable paint in 2.5 oz. no-spill bottles make up the six colors in this set of paint markers for kids. They have a secure grip and a lid that can be removed with a simple twist, and they eliminate the need for brushes or cups. Spongy and colorful on the tip, these sponges never need to be rinsed. You can give them to your kids so that they can use them to create layers, blend colors, mix materials, and cover vast areas. Watch this video for an in-depth analysis of the product!
- Premium quality
- Facilitated use
- Gluten-free and latex-free
- Felt ends are susceptible to tearing under stress.
- It’s possible that younger kids need adult supervision while using these
Crayola Super Tips Washable Markers
This traditional collection of 20 markers has a variety of colors ideal for sketching, coloring, and other art projects, plus they are washable paint markers. The water-based ink is non-permanent and may be easily washed off of skin and fabric. Adults can use these markers for lettering and phony calligraphy too. To better comprehend the product, watch this video.
- Having a snap clasp makes it easy for youngsters to put on and take off
- Points that are both brilliant and robust
- Easily create broad and thin lines
- Strange odors are possible.
- The possibility of rapid dehydration
Crayola Broad Point Washable Markers
Crayola’s new and improved markers have wide, conical tips and an ultra-clean ink. There are eight different colors included, and they all show up clearly on different surfaces. These large-line markers are easily removed from most surfaces, including clothing and walls. They are great for artwork and school assignments because they do not smear or bleed through the paper. The container is space-efficient and easy to have on hand.
- Good for young minds to absorb
- Serves its purpose well as a beginning set.
- In a rainbow of hues
- The belief that they deplete quickly is shared by some
- Washing it off the skin can be a bit of a challenge for some.
Penguin Art Supplies 28 Dual-tip Acrylic Paint Pens
The nylon zippered pouch contains dual-tipped acrylic paint markers that will inspire your children’s creativity. They have interchangeable tips so you may draw thick lines with the medium 5mm tip or thin lines with the fine 3mm tip. Since these markers are permanent and can withstand water and sunlight, they provide your child with a versatile medium for making projects that will last. If the paint does happen to go on your skin, don’t worry too much though, because it can be easily removed with some warm water and a little soap.
- Metallic sheen adds a wonderful touch to some hues, like gold.
- Facilitated use
- Vivid hues
- Appropriate for both young and old
- Some people complain that the paint doesn’t go on evenly.
- For some, the tips may become clogged with dried paint.
Emooqi Paint Markers
The 12-piece set of Emooqi markers features a wide variety of brilliant colors perfect for both amateurs and experts. You can use the oil-based, opaque ink on a wide range of materials, such as paper, wood, plastic, glass, metal, stone, and canvas. Use these vibrant hues without fear of smudging, leaking, or fading as you unleash your inner artist. They’re both fast-drying and water-resistant, so your artwork won’t fade over time.
- Neither poisonous nor pungent
- Providing 360° protection
- Environmentally safe
- Extensive melanin content
- It’s possible that the felt on the ends will wear off.
- There may be a difference in the pliability of different colors.
Chalkola Watercolor Brush Pens
These Chalkola brush pens are ideal for creating stunning watercolor effects. They come with a nylon brush nib and are odorless and non-toxic paints. It comes with a 15-sheet sketching pad and 28 paint pens of various colors. The fine textured sheets work well with both dry and wet coloring. These markers may be used for drawing, calligraphy, or Manga arts without worrying about smudging, bleeding, or streaking.
- Simple to combine
- Facilitated use
- In all age ranges
- Some people could have a hard time keeping
- There is a school of thought that says some colors aren’t as vibrant as they could be.
Inc. Glitter Markers
The Inc. 18-piece glitter marker assortment can be used on a wide range of surfaces. For your art and craft needs, these inks are safe and non-toxic water-based options. The rounded ends are great for detailed sketching and writing. To get the ink flowing again, simply shake the pen and press the tip against a hard surface. When the tip is completely saturated, you may begin sketching.
- Sharp Point
- Useful for a variety of surfaces, including a ribbon sash.
- Simple to clean
- Using a tool frequently might cause the tip to fray.
- It has been claimed that the markers do not persist very long.
Tfive Overseas Paint Pens
These oil-based paint markers were developed with amateur and professional artists and designers in mind. They come in 12 eye-popping hues, all of which are printed with acid-free, non-toxic, odorless, and environmentally friendly opaque ink. The retractable hard tip’s adaptability makes it possible to draw precisely in tight quarters. They come packed in heat shrink film to prevent leaks in transit and can be used on a wide variety of projects, including woodwork, painted rocks, canvas shoes, Easter plastic eggs, Christmas balls, glass jars, and stones.
- Provided in separate containers
- Vivid hues
- Maintains a steady and natural rhythm
- It’s possible that some people will have problems with leaks.
- In the long run, surfaces like garden implements could lose their luster.
C&Berg Watercolor Brush Pens
If you’re looking for a lovely present for a young artist, consider the C&Berg watercolor pen set. Depending on the set, you can get between 20 and 40 vibrant colors. Your kid can experiment with calligraphy, comics, anime, Manga, mandalas, and more with these pens because they are safe, odorless, and acid-free. Set includes a water brush, refillable pen, and digital copy of a special Mandala picture book.
- Superior Quality
- It may be adjusted to draw lines of varying thicknesses.
- Combines well
- It’s possible that some of the colors aren’t too saturated.
- There may be loose hairs in the brush.
TWOHANDS Glitter Paint Markers
Each of the 12 colors in the collection is perfect for adding a splash of personality to your handmade cards, gifts, or DIY projects. Surfaces like glass, metal, stone, plastic, ceramic, and dark colors will not work. Featuring high-quality, ultra-smooth glitter ink that is water-based, they are a delightful addition to any creative endeavor. The glitter markers last much longer than others because of the big ink reservoir.
- Glowing with a glittering radiance
- Use at your own risk
- Simple to use
- The ink flow may be inconsistent, which may throw some people off.
- If the cap isn’t replaced properly after use, the tip can dry up quickly.
Lelix Acrylic Paint Markers
Lelix sells a pack of 15 acrylic paint markers in various colors. These permanent markers won’t wash off, fade, or fade in the sun, and they’re safe for both you and the planet because they’re made without hazardous chemicals or acids. The rounded 2 mm tips are great for both detailed work and filling in broad areas. They have a pump valve mechanism with an opaque barrel and a rubberized coating to keep the ink flowing smoothly and easily.
- It’s a lot of fun, and it’s quite simple to use
- Not a jumble
- Brilliant hues
- Useful for Specifying
- You might need to give them a shake now and then.
- It’s possible that it could leave a stain on some surfaces.
U.S. Art Supply Oil Based Paint Pen Markers
Paint markers sold from U.S. Art Supply can be used on a wide variety of surfaces, including glass, paper, wood, metal, vinyl, rubber, stone, plastic, leather, cloth, canvas, and more. In order to facilitate the smooth application of paint on both porous and nonporous surfaces, the tips are extra-fine and feature a valve action. This fast-drying product leaves a glossy sheen on both light and dark surfaces. These paints are long-lasting, as they can withstand being scratched, smudged, faded, and even soaked without losing their color or quality.
- Useful for school assignments by young students
- Interior paint mixer
- A satisfying range of hues
- constant movement
- Some people complain that the colours are different in person than they seem on the caps.
- Lacks the ability to replace its tips
Inspired By Craft Liquid Chalk Markers
A lot of people like using the Inspired By Craft liquid chalk markers since the ink is washable and comes in a wide variety of colors. They have 8 pens in a set, and the chisel tips are 6mm long and produce crisp, indelible lines. Pink, white, green, red, yellow, blue, orange, and purple are just some of the neon hues used. These drawing chalks are perfect for arts and crafts, home rafts, scrapbooks, message boards, decorating, and organizing, as they are water-based, non-toxic, xylene-free, and odor-free.
- Made for use on smooth, non-porous surfaces
- Easy to disinfect
- It’s a lot of fun, and it’s quite simple to use
- Several people have complained that these quickly become useless.
- Writing may need some warmup time.
How To Choose The Right Paint Markers?
When selecting new paint markers, you might want to keep in mind the following:
Try to find long-lasting markers of a good quality. You can save money on them because you won’t have to buy them as frequently.
Since you can’t be everywhere at once, it’s important to provide your kids with safe art supplies like non-toxic, acid-free paint markers.
Markers that work on a variety of surfaces are a worthwhile investment. Don’t go out of your way to buy a new set of pens for each assignment your kid completes.
As your youngster may want to experiment with different color combinations, you should look for a wider range of colors to choose from.
Choose a product that won’t break the bank. Prior to settling on a specific brand, you may want to check out the feedback available online.