Your body might go through a lot throughout pregnancy, so you might be wondering what kind of aftercare you should take. To assist you, we have put together a list of the top post-pregnancy girdles. By keeping your hips, buttocks, and tummy tucked in, these girdles strengthen your midsection. They are cozy and provide your body a sculpted appearance without pressing against your internal organs. You can select one that best meets your needs from among a variety of sizes and designs. So continue reading to make a wise choice.
Postpartum Girdle Types
The many kinds of postpartum girdles are as follows.
- Wraps: These totally enclose your stomach, from the lower rib cage to your hips. They are excellent choices for people who are primarily interested in comfort.
- Belts: This is the ideal girdle if you need one that is discrete. The fabric is light, offers a decent fit, and blends in well with most attire.
- Bands: You can change the fit and compression of belly bands by using two or more belts that are adjustable in their design.
9 Best Post-Pregnancy Girdles To Buy
Best For C-Section Moms: MoolidaPostpartum Belly Wrap C-Section Recovery Belt
Looking for a belly wrap made especially for women who have had C-sections? You might find what you’re looking for in this binder.
- medical-grade cotton that is thin, flexible, and pleasant
- assists in waist, hip, and tummy reduction.
- prevents sagging and aids postnatal healing
- Integrated soft steel back bones
- To prevent lower back pain and to build your core muscles, give yourself some back support.
- Double-adjustment The binder is simple to tighten or loosen thanks to velcro and mesh fabric.
- may twist and collapse
- For some, it might not be wide enough.
Best For Toned Waist Control: BRABIC Postpartum Girdle High Waist Control Panties For Women
Your belly and buttocks must have sagged after your previous pregnancy. You can think about having a look at this girdle, which can help you tone your abdomen and buttocks.
- Skin is not irritated by the soft, seamless material.
- comes with three rows of hooks at the crotch and two rows of hooks at the front for a more convenient bathroom experience.
- Back support comes from the waist’s steel bones.
- Binder won’t roll, bundle, or slip when it has a rubber band around it.
- aids the healing of incisions in C-section mothers by reducing swelling and discomfort caused by wounds.
- High-waisted, seamless undergarments raise the hips and firm the buttocks.
- Those who had a tummy tuck may not be suitable
- You can get poked by wires if your torso is smaller.
Best For Reducing Belly Fat: Gepoetry Postpartum Support – Recovery Belly Wrap Girdle Support Band
This three-piece belly wrap set includes a pelvis belt, a waist belt, and a belly belt. Depending on your needs, you can wear the belts simultaneously or one at a time.
- A belly belt provides additional support while breastfeeding, avoids drooping, and reduces belly fat.
- A waist belt reduces back pain and flattens the belly.
- Easy pelvic contraction is supported with a pelvis belt.
- suitable for mothers who give birth naturally or via C-section
- Those who had a tummy tuck might not be suitable
- occasionally experience itchiness
Best For Postpartum Use: Gepoetry Postpartum Girdle C-Section Recovery Belt Back Support Belly Wrap
For the optimum fit, this belly wrap with a hook-and-loop fastening comes with not one, but two belts. It is perfect for postpartum use because to its ultra-soft cotton body.
- Sweat is quickly absorbed by breathable material.
- A stretchy body and three closures allow for improved adjustment.
- Better support is provided by the back curve design, an extra adjustable band, and steel ribs.
- reduces inner organ sagging
- Velcro might not last very long.
- Instructions could be ambiguous
Best With Perfect Fit: Venuzor Waist Trainer Belt For Women
Trainer belts can be worn during exercise since they provide the body with more support. Now is the time to start getting in shape.
- Easy adjustment is made possible by the stretchy material and the double-adjustable hook and loop.
- The belt is easy to wear because to the backing’s breathable mesh.
- The lower back is fully supported by integrated boning strips.
- reduces love handles and abdominal fat
- Spandex belt adds further cinching
- It might not be long enough to cover the entire abdomen.
- possibly too thin for some
Best With Reinforced Seams: Diane & Geordi 2396 Postpartum Girdle For Women
This girdle improves the look of your hips and buttocks while assisting in belly fat reduction. It conforms to the shape of your body and offers you an hourglass figure.
- A zipper girdle conceals the stomach and is invisible beneath clothing.
- comes with reinforced seams and woven fibers.
- The waist appears thinner with a buttlifter.
- C-section mothers-friendly
- Sometimes, straps may dig in.
- perhaps put too much strain on the hips
Best For Postpartum Recovery: Brabic Seamless Postpartum Belly Band Wrap Underwear
If you have this seamless belly wrap, you can wear that figure-hugging garment without feeling self-conscious. It can be used by expectant mothers or even people who are trying to get in shape.
- Flexible bones support the back and aid in belly reduction.
- maintains its firmness and does not sag or roll down.
- Soft cotton that is seamless won’t pierce flesh.
- aids in hastening postpartum recovery
- suitable for mothers who give birth naturally or via C-section
- may pierce the skin for a short time.
- may not effectively compress a swollen stomach
Best Latex-Free: Belly Bandit – Viscose From Bamboo Postpartum Belly Wrap
This skin-friendly belly wrap, made of soft bamboo fiber, is appropriate for mothers recovering from C-section surgery.
- Material free of latex works to reduce belly, hips, and waist size.
- Comfortable wear is ensured with viscose fabric.
- Flexible material eases back strain and supports the back.
- For optimal posture while breastfeeding, use a firm wrap.
- Some people might find the belt stiff.
- may not work for women with wider waists.
Best For Sensitive Skin: Bellefit Dual-Closure Postpartum Girdle
This corset, which has front hooks and a side zipper, gives you a tight fit for a seamless and attractive appearance.
- abdomen panel made of high-quality, doctor-recommended materials
- The girdle’s flexible boning prevents rolling down.
- helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles to speed up healing
- made with a fabric that is hypoallergenic, breathable, and micro porous.
- suitable for skin that is sensitive
- crotch flap that may be adjusted
- could have size difficulties
- The plastic on the sides could pierce your flesh.
How To Choose The Right Pregnancy Girdle?
Making life easier after delivery depends on selecting the proper girdle. The list of things to think about is below.
- Ease of use: Since a girdle’s main purpose is to make life simpler for new mothers, make sure to purchase one that is simple to use and care for.
- Comfort: Look for wraps or bands that are composed of supple, flexible materials like nylon and viscose so that you may remain comfortable even after wearing them for hours every day.
- Design: While some bands are thick and practical, others are thin and inconspicuous. Your wardrobe and the required level of discretion will determine your choice.
What Is The Use Of A Post-Pregnancy Girdle?
The idea of abdominal wrapping is not new. Women have been experimenting with it for generations. It has demonstrated to be highly efficient. The uterus and abdomen both get larger while a woman is carrying a growing child in her womb. As a result, fat cells gather in the area around the belly. After the baby is delivered, this fat does not go away; instead, it hangs freely from the abdomen.
Over time, abdominal wraps have experienced a number of changes. You can reduce belly fat by using a corset, waist cincher, abdominal binder, belly wrap, or belly wrap. A post-pregnancy girdle is a form of abdominal wrap that helps reduce belly fat and restore the size of the tummy and uterus. The corset can assist women who have had cesarean deliveries in maintaining the integrity of the incision.
Benefits Of Wearing A Post-Pregnancy Girdle
A post-pregnancy girdle has many advantages.
- It improves posture and aids in weight loss.
- It provides back support, especially with the pressure of all that extra belly fat on the spine.
- It tones the muscles in the thighs and tummy.
- It helps with figure sculpting and stomach reduction.
- Recovery from a C-section is aided by it.
Post-Pregnancy Girdle Drawbacks
Wearing a girdle is no different from anything else that is detrimental when done in excess. Although it has a lot of advantages, one cannot disregard its negative consequences. Wearing girdles, according to certain medical professionals, may have an impact on the digestive system. It could weaken the muscles in the back and the bladder, lead to blood clots, and lower blood pressure. Therefore, it is advisable to consult your obstetrician before making a girdle purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I start wearing a postpartum girdle?
If there are no difficulties, you can begin wearing a postpartum girdle as soon as the first week after giving birth.
How long should I wear a postpartum girdle each day?
You can wear a belly band for ten to twelve hours each day for up to eight weeks if your doctor has given the go-ahead.
Post-pregnancy aftercare should be a focus because pregnancy can be very taxing on the body. The greatest girdles aid with abdominal wrapping and belly control while lowering obesity and improving posture. However, not all girdles are suggested for postpartum women, so always speak with your obstetrician before donning one. Doula and hypnobirthing instructor Kay Lakka, who founded London Therapy, advises, “When choosing one, make sure it is constructed of medical-grade and hypoallergenic materials and is easy to clean. Choose one with reinforced seams as well, and make sure the fabric does not pierce the skin.