There is no upper age limit for puzzle games, and they are all incredibly enjoyable whether you’re looking for the greatest puzzles for 2 year olds or 30 year olds! We all like to solve puzzles, and our little toddlers are no different. They occupy children and support their growth in numerous ways. Puzzles can help children learn in their early years.
The correct puzzles can be more than just a game, helping to improve hand-eye coordination, cognitive function, and problem-solving abilities. These are also memory enhancers and brain boosters for young children. We have selected a selection of the top toddler puzzles in this article that are well worth trying. Look at this.
11 Best Puzzles For Two-Year-Olds
Best For Beginners:Aitey Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
As a result, aitey puzzles are ideal for young children. The package features six distinct puzzles depicting various animals in vivid colors. The nine pieces of each puzzle are stored on a hardwood base plate that also features the finished image. The puzzle is easier to grasp and solve for young children thanks to the wooden base plate that serves as a reference. To find out more about the item, watch the video provided.
- Constructed from sturdy and risk-free wood
- strengthens one’s capacity to solve problems
- Excellent for fostering creative solutions
- Increases focus and piques interest.
- Possible need for adult supervision
- The brand-new item may have an unusual odor.
Best Well-Polished: Graceon Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
The four-piece collection of Graceon wooden jigsaw puzzles features scenes from a park, a dino-filled area, a transportation system, and an underwater habitat. The entire collection is made out of wood, and each puzzle has 20 pieces. Little fingers won’t be scratched up by the smooth surfaces, and the scenes are painted in bright, kid-friendly hues. Children can use the wooden picture frames depicting the same scene as a point of reference to complete the puzzles. After becoming used to the layout, students can begin figuring out the floor puzzle without any help.
- Safer play is ensured by the absence of any sharp edges.
- Can be given as a present year-round
- Improves a child’s mental development
- Intended for usage while on the road
- It’s possible the pieces are smaller than advertised.
- Some peeling of puzzle pictures is to be expected.
Best Safe: Nashrio Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
Nashiro makes the next-to-best puzzle kit for toddlers, at age two. This set of wooden puzzles features six different boards depicting various animals and prehistoric reptiles and birds. There are nine pieces plus an illustrated reference board attached to each puzzle board to help the little ones put the puzzle together.
The information board serves double duty as a repository. The massive, thick pieces of wood used to make up this puzzle set make it a good option for families with young children. They include no artificial colors or chemicals, and there are no jagged edges. Two- to five-year-olds will enjoy this animal-themed interactive puzzle.
- Educates young minds on the subject of fauna
- Useful for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Aids in the growth of children’s reasoning skills
- All sharp corners have been rounded off for safety.
- Over time, wood can splinter.
- Constructibility could be a problem.
Best Scratch-Resistant: Quokka Wooden Puzzles
These wooden puzzles are not like those you’ll find in stores, which use standard-issue puzzle components. The six puzzle boards in this collection feature various images, such as a train, a dinosaur, a lion, a dog, a fish, and an owl. With only four to six pieces per board, these puzzles are ideal for those just starting out. Little ones will have little trouble putting together the thick puzzle pieces and sturdy hardwood boards. Moreover, each design is resistant to water and scratches and features a vivid print.
- Built from real birch wood
- Ideal for co-op and solo adventures
- Sharp corners have been rounded off.
- With two sizes to choose from.
- Possibly less than anticipated size
- The brilliance of colors might degrade with time.
Best Easy-To-Grab: Bekayshad Wooden Puzzles
Bekayshad wooden puzzles are non-toxic and eye-catching, making them irresistible to toddlers. This set of high-quality wooden puzzle boards features six different puzzles depicting animals such a bear, ladybug, butterfly, owl, honeybee, and frog.
The puzzle set contains one-of-a-kind pieces that are all rounded for comfort and safety. The many ways in which it aids your child’s growth and development make it a top pick among educational toys for toddlers.
- Constructed with dyes that do not cause cancer
- The pieces are made with child-friendly ergonomics.
- Super simple to maintain with a wet cloth
- Facilitates interaction between parents and kids
- Potential choking hazard due to small pieces.
- Could lose its water resistance if exposed to rain.
Best Durable: Lol-Fun Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
Natural wood provides the durability and stability required for Lol-Fun puzzles. Ship, jet, taxi, truck, concrete mixer, and fire truck are just some of the vehicles included in this stunning puzzle set. There are often four or five atypically shaped pieces each puzzle. Little ones can handle them securely and comfortably because to their uniform thickness and rounded corners.
- Packaged with a convenient drawstring pouch
- Simple to dismantle and reconstruct
- Using only non-toxic dyes, the colors pop.
- Enhances kids’ capacity to solve problems
- In some cases, wood can easily chip.
- Playing time could get dangerous without an adult’s watchful eye.
Best For Fine Motor Skills: Toy Life Wooden Puzzles
There are eight different puzzles in this set, all of them are fashioned of high-quality natural wood and guaranteed to provide hours of entertainment. Various animal shapes, such as frogs, dogs, monkeys, cows, turtles, lions, and giraffes, are depicted on the puzzle pieces in vivid, child-pleasing colors made from non-toxic paints. These puzzles are completely child-friendly because they have no sharp corners or edges and are completely safe for little hands to manipulate. Large enough to prevent eating and choking, the puzzles are great for helping your youngster develop fine motor skills and cognitive abilities.
- Facilitates growth of manual dexterity
- Useful for introducing youngsters to the shapes and colors of a wide variety of animal species
- Helps children learn how to solve problems and how to count
- Free of toxic substances
- Non-hazardous to the environment
- Bag for carrying items may not be included.
- Admittedly, some kids might have a hard time putting it together.
Best Carved: Yohelly Wooden Puzzles
Yohelly’s wooden puzzles are perfect for children since they feature bright colors and endearing animal designs. This puzzle set features six different boards depicting various animals, such as a fish, a tortoise, a giraffe, a bear, a frog, and an owl. The puzzle pieces are carved into diverse shapes, but they all fit precisely to form the lovely animals. They’re adequately thick and colored using fade-resistant, non-toxic water-based paint.
- Teaches youngsters the basics of geometry and color theory
- The ability to solve problems and think spatially are both enhanced.
- Meets CPSIA and ASTM safety standards
- Available in numerous sizes and colors
- Choking hazards could occur if swallowed.
- May have a little wooden smell
Best Attractive: Libay Wooden Animal Jigsaw Puzzles
Libay wooden puzzles are bright and lovely, with pictures of adorable animals. The cow, panda, zebra, elephant, leopard, and giraffe are just some of the animals pictured on the six puzzle boards included in this set.
Each player gets access to a puzzle board, a set of nine pieces, and an illustrated wooden frame. For the protection of the young child, they are crafted from non-toxic, solid wood and have no sharp edges. Simple to put together and loads of fun to play with, these animal puzzles are a must-have.
- Cardboard that has been recycled
- Contributes to Vocabulary Growth
- Maintains kids’ interest for a considerable amount of time
- Perfect for giving on any special occasion
- They might not be resistant to mold.
- Maybe not as thick as you think
Best With Bright Illustrations: Wood City Animal Jigsaw Puzzles
Another puzzle set for two-year-olds that is totally made of natural wood and has an animal theme. Each of the five puzzle boards in this set features one of several different animal designs; options include a panda, cow, elephant, giraffe, and bear.
Children will have an easier time reading the reference and figuring out the solution to the puzzle because of the visuals. Little ones can safely play with them because of their smooth exteriors and ideal thickness.
- Burr-free, satiny smooth edges.
- Produced using safe, water-based dyes and pigments
- Enhances dexterity of the hand
- benefits kids by getting them a head start on their education
- Some parts might not be very sturdy.
Best For Learning Numbers And Colors: Montessori Mama Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
Your kid can get a head start on learning their numbers, colors, and basic math skills with this puzzle set. The four bright puzzle boards in this set feature various animal designs, such as a dolphin, a dinosaur, a rabbit, and a teddy bear. Ten puzzle pieces of various colors and written numbers are shown on each board. The eco-friendly wood puzzle is finished with lead-free water-based paints, making it both beautiful and safe for children to play with. The ideal thickness and lack of sharp edges make them completely safe for the young child.
- Not made with bisphenol A
- Included carrying bag
- educates young minds on the subject of fauna
- Can be given as a present year-round
- Perhaps not durable enough
- Possibly less than anticipated size
How To Choose The Right Puzzles For Two-Year-Olds?
Here are some things to think about while selecting a puzzle set for your two-year-old.
The toddler seems to be stumped by even the most basic puzzle. Select a puzzle that is age-appropriate for your youngster and is at the beginner level.
Look for visually interesting motifs and patterns that will captivate the attention of a young child. Choose patterns of animals or vehicles that your kid likes and paint them in bright, eye-catching colors.
Easy to fix:
Your youngster will need puzzle pieces that are large and thick enough to hold in his or her hands and flip easily. In addition, children have little hands, thus the puzzle board should be simple to assemble.
Pick puzzles that can resist the wear and tear of a toddler’s rigorous play by picking ones constructed of sturdy, long-lasting materials. Invest on wooden puzzles because they are safer for the environment and will survive well past the toddler years.
Because safety is of paramount importance, this should be your primary priority. Verify if it is made of safe, non-toxic material. Also, check for any potential hazards, such as sharp edges or small parts, that could endanger a toddler.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to teach two-year-old puzzles?
It’s advisable to start solving the puzzle in front of the kid several times before asking them to join in. You may coax them into action little by little and help them snap in the last components. They gain an appreciation for the picture’s modular nature as a result. Use a variety of puzzle pieces to practice with, if necessary.
How to store two-year-old puzzles?
The puzzle pieces require a safe place to be kept so that they don’t go misplaced. If you find yourself with an overwhelming number of puzzles, you may keep them organized by placing each one in a labeled cardboard box or zip-lock bag. This makes selecting a puzzle for reuse much less of a hassle.
What puzzles are good for a two-year-old?
For a two-year-first old’s puzzle experience, it’s best to start with a smaller-sized, simpler puzzle with fewer pieces. Children may quickly perceive patterns in images with vivid colors. Also, two-year-olds may easily complete puzzles that feature knobs or have a picture guide included.
Why are wooden puzzles good for a two-year-old?
Puzzles made of wood are sturdy yet simple enough for young fingers to manipulate. They are more durable than cardboard puzzles and can survive the rigorous play of toddlers.
Toy companies have realized the value of producing puzzles for children as young as two. These puzzles will not only keep your baby entertained, but they will also help them develop important abilities like concentration and motor control. Young children have a natural curiosity for the world around them, so selecting a puzzle set with eye-catching colors and patterns will pique their attention and keep them engaged in the activity for longer. To add to this, puzzles that are created from non-toxic, long-lasting materials ensure that children can play without risk.