One of the most enjoyable pastimes for young and old alike is playing in the rain. The common cold, the flu, and other respiratory illnesses can all be avoided, though, by simply donning a waterproof coat. We’ve compiled a list of the top-rated children’s raincoats for you to peruse.
These raincoats can be found in a wide range of styles, colors, and materials, and they often have closures like buttons and zippers. Easy to put on and take off, they also require little effort to keep clean. If you want to find a raincoat for your kid that is both practical and fashionable, have a look at the options here.
13 Best Raincoats For Kids
Hiheart Waterproof Hooded Jacket
The Hiheart children’s waterproof hooded jacket features a timeless design and provides complete coverage for your youngster. The exterior shell is made of durable 100% polyester, while the inner layer is made of a soft cotton cloth. It can be worn during the transitional seasons of spring, winter, and fall.
- Velcro closure tabs and zippers for added safety.
- Perspiration-wicking and water-repellent
- Hood is fixed and the cuffs are ribbed for comfort.
- Appropriate for use on wet days when going outside is a must
- Ten distinct hues are readily accessible.
- After repeated washes, the color may fade.
- A possible small fit.
MGEOY Boys Girls Rain Jackets
This stylish jacket was expertly designed and features a wide choice of colors and design details. Both the outside shell and the liner of the unisex jacket are made of 100% polyester, while the lining is made of 100% fleece. It’s a windbreaker plus an umbrella in one convenient package.
- Minimalist construction
- Hood is removable
- Adjustable Velcro and zipper round pockets with reflective tape for nighttime visibility
- The sizes range from small to jumbo.
- Wear and tear on the zipper is a possibility.
- Possibly not 100% watertight
Splashy Nylon Children’s Rain Jacket
Splashy’s rain gear is constructed from ultralight, tightly knit, PU-treated Nylon fabric for maximum waterproofing. This rain coat is ideal for dreary, sloppy weather. Comfort and warmth are provided, making it ideal for kids who spend a lot of time outside.
- Material that is both lightweight and watertight
- Works well with other layers of clothes
- Easy on/off access thanks to a zippered design
- Trimmed with reflective material for the child’s safety.
- Tape-sealed construction with ventilation holes
- With a rainbow of hues and sizes to choose from
- It’s possible that the size will be too tiny.
- There is a risk that the fabric will break after repeated washings.
zlimigx Dinosaur Rain Jacket
This hooded raincoat features a 3D dinosaur design and would be a great gift for your kiddo. This unisex jacket features a watertight polyester construction, making it ideal for outdoor activities like running, camping, and exploring. Young people between the ages of three and ten will like it.
- The hood has a clean finish and a hidden zipper, making it very comfortable to wear.
- Includes a convenient carrying case
- Very light and easily transportable
- There are two distinct hues to choose from: a deep red and a bright yellow.
- Includes a money-back guarantee or a new one if it breaks.
M2C Boys Girls Hooded Cotton Lined Jacket
The soft and warm interior of the M2C jacket and windbreaker is a combination of cotton and polyester. It comes in a wide range of solid hues and is therefore great for everyday wear. The exterior is wear-resistant, sleek, and lightweight.
- Easy on/off access thanks to a zippered design
- Cap that can’t be removed and flapped pockets on the sides
- Ribbed elastic cuffs seal out wind and rain
- Absorbent of sweat so that the kid stays dry
- Pockets that open with Velcro for quick access
- Not all zippers are built to last.
- They might not be watertight enough
Carter’s Girls’ Her Favorite Rainslicker Rain Jacket
This rain jacket with a unicorn and rainbow print can be the perfect option if your girl enjoys fantastical themes. A raincoat like the one Carter has would make it so she could safely splash around in the rain without getting drenched. Strong polyester cloth makes up the entirety of this item.
- Wraparound flap conceals a zipper for fastening.
- Separated by two sturdy snaps
- Easy-to-wear, full-coverage hood
- Easy to carry around and use in milder weather
- Water might collect in the pockets.
YouChangBest Clear Rain Poncho Jacket
The YouChangBest clear rain poncho jacket is constructed of eco-friendly and waterproof EVA material, and it is see-through with black edge lining. All kids, from 1-15 years old, males and girls alike, will enjoy it. Five sizes, from extra-small to extra-extra-large.
- Easily packable and reversible coat
- Invulnerable to water and air currents
- It provides additional protection and will keep your kid dry.
- Excellent for use in the great outdoors; take it camping, trekking, or to a theme park!
SOLOCOTE Kids Rain Jacket
This is a jacket that also functions as a raincoat, as it is waterproof. The shell is 100% polyester with a PU coating, while the lining of the body and hood is cotton, the lining of the sleeves is polyester, and the padding is also polyester. You can get it in five different solid hues, including navy, khaki, yellow, white, and pink.
This raincoat has a removable jacket for further versatility. The shell is 100% polyester with a PU coating, while the lining of the body and hood is cotton, the lining of the sleeves is polyester, and the padding is also polyester. It’s offered in 10 different basic hues.
- Insulating rubberized fabric
- The breathable cotton jersey construction and cozy hood provide warmth and coziness.
- There are snaps down the middle of the front placket.
- Hood can’t be removed
- Stretchy cuffs to keep the baby toasty
- Is not guaranteed to be watertight
- Not the best quality zippers.
HLKZone Raincoat For Kids
Translucent rain gear made from 100% premium EVA is offered by HLKZone. It is both safe and environmentally friendly. Your kid can feel safe and secure in the waterproof, breathable, and chemical-free raincoat. It can be worn while doing a wide range of outdoor pursuits.
- Durable, crease-free, and washable
- Fastens with snaps, has elasticized cuffs and a hood, and a drawstring.
- Capable of being folded up and stowed away in a backpack
- Featherweight and falling just over the knee
- Pack of 2
- Possible lack of sizing success with the hood
Oaki Rain Jacket For Kids
If you live in an area that gets chilly and wet, consider getting your child an Oaki rain jacket. This fleece jacket is waterproof and has a silky polyester inside for comfort.
- The elastic cuffs and zipper are weatherproof.
- Extra-long hood that covers the face by an additional two inches.
- Side pockets with zip closures
- Minimalist construction
- Comes in only six hues, all of which are solid
- Could use a bigger hood.
- You won’t find any Velcro here.
SSAWcasa 3D Cartoon Children Toddler Rainwear
Your kid will appreciate this poncho jacket for the rain thanks to the 3D cartoon design and the animal-inspired hood. Included carrying pouch facilitates stowage in a purse or backpack. The extra reflective strips are a great feature because they keep kids dry on wet evenings. Kids as young as two and as old as six will enjoy it.
- It is corrosion-resistant and environmentally friendly, polyester solid fabric.
- Completely taped seams and waterproof fabric.
- Large, see-through brim keeps rain off the face; double zipper and button closure
- Potential for arge
- In the beginning, there could be an unusual odor.
Amazon Brand – Spotted Zebra Boys Rain Coat
A raincoat in camouflage and one in yellow and navy color blocks would be perfect for your kid. This raincoat may double as a warm outer layer.
- All-Polyester Construction
- Fit for the colder months, the wetter spring, and the dreary winter
- With a frontal opening secured by a zipper and snaps,
- Two waist pockets and a hood that actually works.
- The material might not be airy enough.
- Possible sizing issues
Hibety Kids Raincoat
This raincoat offers complete protection in the event of a serious storm. In addition to being water-resistant, the nylon fabric used in its construction is also breathable. Different shapes and sizes are available.
- Cap has reflective tape on the brim and rear for nighttime visibility.
- Secured by buttons
- Legs can be freely stretched while walking or cycling.
- The ability to fold it up and store it in a little bag
- Conveniently reusable and washable by hand
- The drawstring plastic ends could break.
How To Buy The Right Raincoat For Children?
Considering your geographic location and typical weather patterns should be top priorities when selecting a raincoat. The following are some of the characteristics to look for.
Choose the more sturdy textiles for your rain gear. It’s important that they’re both watertight and thermally insulated. If you want to know how long it will last, reading customer reviews is a good place to start.
Take a look at the dimensions listed, including the chest, sleeve length, and waist circumference. The truth isn’t always reflected in them. Perhaps reading some testimonials might be helpful in that instance. It’s a good idea to buy a size up just in case it turns out to be unnecessary.
If you want something that will keep the wind out, make sure it has numerous layers and that it is windproof.
This aspect of raincoats would be useful in low visibility places and during the later hours.
Focus on the breathability of the material, since this will ensure your child’s comfort even in moderate temperatures.