Shark toys are great playmates for kids. Since ancient times, mankind have been fascinated by sharks; stories, films, literature, and even children’s toys frequently feature these creatures. They are typically portrayed as vicious and ruthless creatures of the sea who hunt on anything that moves. Still, there’s a lot more to sharks than meets the eye.
A good toy shark can help your child form a positive association with an otherwise terrifying creature. Your kiddo should be interested in a shark toy whether it is made of hard plastic or stuffed with cotton. We have collected a list of the top shark toys available today so you can take some home to your kid.
11 Best Shark Toys
Best For Bath Time: WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Bath Squirt Toy
This baby shark toy by WowWee Pinkfong is meant to shoot out water when squeezed, adding an element of fun to your child’s bath time. Fun for your infant during bath time, this set includes four shark-shaped toys of varying sizes made as a family. The family is modeled off the characters in the catchy children’s song “Baby Shark.”
These toys are produced from BPA-free plastic and are safe for kids over the age of two, making them ideal for newborns. The floor is an acceptable place for your infant to play with this toy set. The purpose of this short movie is to demonstrate how to get the most out of this toy for your infant.
- Toy that floats
- As a bonus, it also serves as a decorative element.
- Facilitates the development of color perception abilities
- Available in a variety of pleasing hues
- Potential for mold growth
- Not necessarily safe for the dishwasher.
Best For The Bathtub: Playmaker Rubber Shark Family Floating Bathtub Toy
The grey rubber toys are floatable and lightweight, making them perfect for the tub. One floating mother shark with space for three smaller shark toys is included in this set. Because of their squirting mechanisms, these sharks are great for aquatic play with children. For the safety of your kids, you can rest assured that these vinyl toys contain no phthalates.
- Edges without burrs
- Great for lounging by the pool Extraordinary attention to detail
- Conveniently packaged in a mesh bag for long-term storage.
- It could be difficult to entirely empty the toy of water.
- The size of the mother shark might be less than initially thought.
Best Attractive: Boley Soft Plastic Shark Toys
Boley’s Shark Toys, sold in sets of eight, have been given a fresh new look and bright colors to pique kids’ interests. These ten-inch sharks introduce kids aged three and above to the marine world, including species like the great white, hammerhead, blacktip reef shark, blue, and whale sharks. These shark-shaped toys are interesting and interactive because of the realistic elements that were used in their design.
- Fabricated from a safe, flexible plastic
- The shark’s belly is engraved with people’s names.
- Conforms to ASTM safety requirements
- Promotes make-believe play
- Possible incompatibility with water submersion.
- Rough use has the potential to distort some sharks.
Best Realistic Details: Eoivsh Large Shark Toys Megalodon
The various sea creatures featured in the Eoivsh 103.73.7in giant shark toys are a lot of fun. The pool and bath are safe environments for the realistic cognitive toys.
For a lifelike finish, each figure of a shark is carefully carved and painted by hand. Their lifelike features and dynamic poses create an engaging environment that will captivate your child and ignite his or her imagination. They can withstand being dropped and washed, and they are made from PVC that is safe for the environment.
- Decor and prop for a themed party
- Including a snarl of teeth
- Smooth Surface
- Perhaps not adaptable
Best Easy-To-Hold: Xplore Toys Shark Toys Figures
The amazing shark toys from Xplore toys are a great way to encourage your child’s imagination, creativity, and memorization for future recall. You can buy them as a pack of six, and they come in some pretty cool hues. The shark cutouts seem lifelike and contain intricate detailing to pique the interest of young students.
The shark toys are perfectly safe for kids because they are constructed of PVC, which is non-toxic and recyclable. There are no replaceable parts, making them safer. They are a manageable 7 inches in length, making them perfect for toddler hands.
- Expertly constructed Can also be used as kid’s furniture Won’t bend or break
- Edges without burrs
- Some toys’ colors may fade; drying time may be an issue.
Best For Developing Fine Motor Skills: Baloboo 2022 Upgraded Shark Bath Toys
Baloboo’s 2022 revamped shark bath toys have four brightly colored floating fish and a blue shark grabber. They’re just the right size for kids to grab, squeeze, and play with. They might be a fun addition to your kid’s tub if you want to keep them there longer.
Your kid can have hours of fun playing capture with the shark grabber because it is meant to consume the little fishes. The shark grabber’s ergonomic design makes it easy to get a firm grip. Your youngster may practice their hand-eye coordination and motor skills while having fun with these toys. They are also free of sharp surfaces and are non-toxic and safe for children.
- Integrated water tap included.
- Bolts and screws treated to prevent corrosion
- Eventually, the paint can flake.
- A possible lack of thickness in the material
Best Remote-Controlled: Coodoo 2.4G Remote Control Shark Toy
The Coodoo remote-controlled shark is a 1:18 scale model with high-realism 2.4GHz simulation. It is designed for children ages 5 and up and comes with a preprogrammed remote that will captivate and delight them.
Children can practice their hand-eye coordination while swimming with the toy because of its high-simulation function, which allows them to alter the toy’s movement. The toy’s transmitter is powered by two AAA batteries, and its remote control features powerful 2.4GHz technology, auto mode control, and a 40m wireless distance.
- Constructed to be watertight
- Joint in the tail that can bend and flex mechanically
- Shaped like two paddles
- Pre-installed rechargeable battery
- ABS plastic, a very durable substance
- Possible tail fragility
- The level of control may be challenging.
Best For Engaging Children: Dinobros Hungry Shark Grabber Toys
With its two shark grabbers and twelve miniature marine creatures, this playset is sure to keep kids entertained for hours. These great white shark-shaped grabbers can extend their claws for a secure grip and are safe for kids over the age of five. The shark toys for toddlers come with a portable storage box and a button that activates the toy’s teeth, making it easier to pick up the smaller animals.
They provide enhanced stimulation of your child’s motor skills and include dolphins, smaller sharks, whales, penguins, seals, etc.
- Fabricated from non-hazardous components.
- Encourages conversation between parents and kids Conveniently-grippable storage box
- Assumes US safety requirements
- Simple to grasp
- Potentially less effective clamping action
- The Grasper’s Teeth Could Be Weak
Best Educational: Bedwina Stuffed Animal Sharks
Bedwina has a plush Hammerhead shark that measures 13 inches in length and a 14-inch long Mako shark that is suitable for infants and young children. The bright colors and unique shapes of the ocean’s inhabitants can be familiarized with from an early age. The shark toys are gentle and non-threatening for the little ones. These sharks are individually packaged and include instructional tags with stories and interesting facts about the animals for kids over the age of three. Made from durable material with plastic eyes sewed in, they will endure a long time.
- Constructed from a soft fabric
- The teeth are made of felt, and the snout is both narrow and rounded.
- without any harmful substances
- There’s a chance it’ll be smaller than anticipated.
Best Eco-friendly: ValeforToy Shark Toy Figure Pack
These realistic-looking, elastic, safe, and soft floating bathtub toys for babies include 20 rubber shark toy figures produced from food-grade material. They come in three different animal designs (whales, dolphins, and sharks), each measuring 1.1 by 5 by 5.2 inches, and are completely safe for the environment and your kids’ development. These colorful sea creatures are perfect for the bath because they are waterproof and can withstand a child’s play, bending, stretching, chewing, and squishing.
- Plush and safe for use by humans
- Solid Non-polluting Simple to Float
- The paint can start flaking off at some point.
- Unsuitable for children under the age of three
Best With Movable Parts: Winsenpro Jumbo Shark Toys
Shark toys by Winsenpro are more lifelike because to their movable jaws and tails. Intricately detailed hammerhead, orca, sperm whale, whale shark, and blue whale make a fun and engaging playmate for kids over the age of three.
The toys are great for both indoor and outdoor play, and they help kids develop important skills. All of the toy sharks are 10 inches in length, and they’re colored with safe, nontoxic paint.
- Can also be used as a fun bathtime accessory
- Expertly constructed Very sleek exterior
- False and misleading
- Potentially flimsy fins
- It’s possible that some people’s heads aren’t properly joined to their bodies.
How To Choose The Right Shark Toy?
Here are some things to think about before purchasing a shark toy for your kid.
Toys in the shape of sharks can be found made of rubber, plastic, and even fiber. Check to see that the fabric is soft, supple, and safe for your kid to wear.
Size, design, and color:
First, make sure the animal figure is appealing and engaging by inspecting its color, design, and size.
To ensure optimal play value, fun, and compatibility, it’s best to get a toy set appropriate for your child’s age.
Make sure it’s safe for kids to play with, there are no little pieces, and it doesn’t harm the environment.