The most complete slime kits for kids include everything a child might want. Children’s sensory development, imaginative capacity, and curiosity in the natural world can all benefit from playing with slime. It also aids in the understanding of non-Newtonian fluids and viscosity by kids.
While it’s possible to make simple slime at home, consider picking up a slime kit today if your child is eager to learn and discover new things. Keep reading because we’ve compiled a selected list to assist you in selecting the best ones for your child.
Safety Measures To Follow While Playing With Slime Kits
Although playing with slime can be a lot of fun, there are several precautions that kids should take.
- In most cases, kids under the age of six shouldn’t be trusted with a slime kit.
- Young children should only play with these toys under adult supervision, since they pose a choking hazard if any of the slime or tiny attachments are swallowed.
- Do not alter the slime kits by adding or substituting ingredients.
- The slime-making directions are rather specific, so make sure you read them well.
- Kids shouldn’t ever be allowed to put slime anywhere near their mouths or eyes.
- Remind your children to always wash their hands after touching the slime, whether they’ve just made some or played with it.
- Use disinfectant to clean the office.
16 Best Slime Kits For Kids
Original Stationery Unicorn Slime Kit
Incredibly fun and simple to use, our Original Stationary slime kit makes it possible for anyone to make their own slime. Everything you need to create slime is included in this, making it one of the best slime kits available. This kit contains everything your child needs to create slimes of all shapes, sizes, and fragrances. See this video for additional information about the product.
- Contains everything needed to create a sludge
- Packaged with an accompanying manual.
- a strong box for storing things
- Completely skin-friendly and free of allergens
- The assortment of food dyes, glitters, and beads are included.
- Possibility of a slightly thick texture
- There’s a chance it won’t mix
Zen Laboratory DIY Slime Kit
This slime kit is a good option if you’re concerned about your kids suffering chemical burns from Borax when they’re playing with slime. This slime was made using non-toxic ingredients and is safe for kids over the age of five; it does not contain Borax powder. See the video for further explanation.
- Formulation that has passed quality control and is safe for human consumption
- Eco-friendly, re-usable packaging and slimes
- There are 18 distinct hues.
- Over twenty-seven add-ons for endless enjoyment
- Light-emitting diode powder
- The sizes of the containers could be considered relatively small.
- Possible hand staining
Laevo Unicorn Slime Kit
Use the Laevo slime kit to host a fun birthday party for your child. This set has everything you need to create your own own slimes. Kids will enjoy making the slime and playing with it by stretching, twisting, and spinning it. If you want to learn more about the product, I recommend watching this video.
- It comes with 57 different materials for creating slimes of all kinds.
- Lockable container
- Ten simple slime recipes, beautifully illustrated in this colorful cookbook
- CPSC and ASTM approved for safety
- Including a user manual.
- The glue bottle may have a leak.
- When using an activator, it is possible that less adhesive will be required.
Original Stationery Unicorn Slime Kit
The 53 included parts in this Unicorn Slime Kit ensure that both adults and children will have a great time making and playing with the slime. This slime has been approved by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), meaning that it is safe for use by anyone of any age. The consistency is superb. Items like as glue, activator, deactivator, foam balls, soft clay, etc. are included in the kit. The use of this slime kit has been shown to boost users’ fine motor abilities, creativity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Has a luminescent quality
- Slime kit storage container
- Various enticing hues
- The use of zippered compartments
Elmer’s Galaxy Slime Starter Kit
The Elmer’s Galaxy Slime Kit will assist you in creating some extraterrestrial slime with your kids. Your kids may manufacture glittery slime in cosmic colors by combining glitter glue with other household objects. The slime kits are available in a total of six different varieties.
- Kit includes three 6 ounce bottles of glitter glue in the colors pink, blue, and purple.
- Includes simple instructions for making slime.
- retains its pliability even when dried
- Created with a material that can be cleaned and reused
- Inert and risk-free
- Eliminates the potential for a cluttered environment
- Somewhat less ideal for newcomers.
- Hardening possible if not sealed adequately.
National Geographic Mega Slime Kit
The ‘Mega Slime Kit’ seems to live up to its billing, including not just the materials needed to create your own DIY slime, but also some interesting putties that can be used to introduce your kids to scientific principles like magnetism, fluorescence, and viscosity. Children over the age of eight should use this kit.
- There are four distinct slimes.
- Make your own slime with this glowing powder!
- Comes with four unique putty varieties.
- The Study Guide consists of Sixteen Pages
- Chemical-free Recipe
- Magnetic putty included for easy manipulation.
- Stickyness is possible.
- Used for long enough, slime can dry out and harden.
Poopsie Pooey Puitton Slime Kit
Does your kid have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge about stuffed animals and unicorns? If that’s the case, this slime kit might be the perfect birthday present for them. This set includes everything your kids need to create an endless variety of colorful slime projects, from glues to glitters to sparkles.
- More than 35 add-ons are included.
- Unique glue bottles and adorable bins for storage
- Specifications sheet
- All your belongings, neatly packed in a fashionable bag.
- Handle makes it easy to transport.
- Lids might not close all the way.
- Possible surface transmission of shimmer
Poopsie Rainbow Slime Kit
The latest Poopsie slime kit is just as adorable and fun as the rest. With this rainbow-themed slime kit, your kids may make their own special sparkling slimes. One can use the slime’s eyeshadows and lipsticks to customize their creation or themselves. However, care should be used when using the colors around the eyes or lips.
- Approximately 35 things, not counting tools used to apply cosmetics.
- A container in the shape of a rainbow.
- Lots of different possibilities to explore.
- You can make your own slime with one of nine different powders.
Canal Toys So Slime DIY Slime Factory
This slime-making set, with its amusing factory motif, will be a hit with your kids. Once the slime powder, glitter, confetti, and water have been added to the mixer and the lid has been securely fastened, the slime is ready to be used. Kids over the age of six should use this kit.
- An innovative mixer that makes slime-making a breeze
- To customize your slime, use glitter and confetti.
- The slime is perfect for burying figurines.
- Shelving and a blender
- The mixing station’s handle could be fragile.
- Small parts could cause choking.
Elmer’s Color Slime Kit
The Elmer’s Color slime kit is a great option if you want to introduce your kids to making slime. The kids just need to pour some of the opaque glue into a glass bowl, add some of the liquid activator, and knead and stir it until it becomes slimy.
- Simple, three-stage procedure
- As with any other dirt or grime, gue can be cleaned with soap and water.
- Kid-friendly and free of harmful chemicals
- Available in two energizing hues
- Conveniently sized bottles
- Glue that won’t run
- This slime may make it difficult to roll.
- Feels rubbery when touched.
National Geographic Slime Kit
This National Geographic slime kit may be the ideal place to start if your kids have never made slime before and you want to pique their curiosity about science.
- Prepared in a breeze with only three steps
- Kit includes all ingredients and instructions for making slime.
- Available both singly and in fours
- A manual or instructions is included.
- Defeated the purpose of flying with it
- Possibly too much grease
Cra-Z-Art Nickelodeon Ultimate Unicorn Slime Kit
Your kids can build professional-quality slimes without leaving the house with this do-it-yourself kit. The slime is pliable, doesn’t stick, and doesn’t tear when stretched. Six distinct colored slimes are available for your children to create, and they can also play around with glitter and sparkles.
- They are harmless and can be used without worry.
- Direct and simple directions
- Includes spoons, spatulas, and other kitchen tools for use.
- Beneficial in the growth of dexterity in the small muscles
- Improves imaginative capacity
- A potentially bad combination
- It’s possible the lid won’t securely click onto the container.
The Thoughts of Fun Co. Dinosaur Slime Kit
With its prehistoric slimes and miniatures, the slime kit from Thoughts of Fun Co. could transport your kids to another time and place. This slime gets stretchier the more your kids play with it. We suggest the Slime Kit for kids above the age of six.
- Those slimes come in a rainbow of hues, a total of twelve!
- Featuring prehistoric animal figures.
- Slime storage containers for when they’re not in use
- No Borax, 100% Safe, and 100% Non-Toxic
- Including a number of extras
- Potentially limitless in its application
- Clothing may be discolored by slime.
- Packaging can be a little on the flimsy side.
OzBSP Mega Slime Kit
This huge slime kit has everything your kids need to make neon slime, colored crystal slime, and glow-in-the-dark slime. The components in this slime kit will allow them to create a wide variety of slimes. This slime kit is suitable for kids over the age of six, and it just might pique your kid’s interest in playing around with slime.
- To have endless pleasure, make eight gallons of slime.
- Accessories come in ten different varieties.
- Complies with the requirements set forth by the American Society for Testing and Materials Standard Method F963-16 for the Safety of Children’s Plaything
- Comprises utensils for measuring, such as cups and spoons.
- Younger readers may have trouble following the directions.
- Somewhat liquidy texture is possible.
Gadgestology All in One Slime Kit
If you know someone who is an expert at making slime, this complete slime kit could be exactly the thing to get them excited about making slime again. The discerning’slimester’ will find in this package all the tools necessary to create an array of slimes.
- Integrated system for storing items.
- Added extras numbering over 30
- Document containing instructions for making slime.
- Instructions that can be followed with ease.
Alpine Summit Unicorn Slime Kit
Another adorable slime kit, this time with a unicorn theme and a handy sling bag. Your kids will have a blast playing with the slime they make together and the unicorn friendship rings they trade.
- Included are stickers and relationship rings.
- Containers that can be reused for the slime
- Non-slip, waterproof mat for kids to play on
- The package even has instructions!
- Maybe they’ll start to gather together.
- Includes very little pieces
How To Choose The Best Slime Kits?
As you shop for a kid-friendly set, keep these things in mind.
Verify that the slime kit satisfies all applicable product safety regulations. Don’t buy kits for kids under three that feature tiny extras. Keep an eye out for products that don’t include any artificial chemicals.
If this is your kid’s first experience making and playing with slime, you should get them a basic beginner kit. These kits are simple to assemble per the provided guidelines. But if your kid has already mastered the basics, the more complex kits are worth having.
Easy to clean:
As making slime can get messy, it’s important to invest in a kit that can be put away neatly after use. A convenient container is included with many kits.
DIY or readymade:
There are two distinct categories of slime kits: those that require adult supervision and contain all the ingredients for homemade slime, and those that are pre-made yet provide room for personalization by the youngsters. Make your selection based on what your kid is most excited about.
Slime kits are perfect for bonding with your kids or their friends, whether you’re celebrating a holiday or throwing a birthday party. Find the correct slime kit, and you can teach them about the world while they play.