You should enroll your kid in a decent soccer program if you see that he or she has an interest in the sport. It’s tough to play soccer without the right gear, and cleats are an essential part of any soccer uniform. As a result, high-quality soccer cleats are a great present for young athletes. A child’s fitness, coordination, and brainpower can all benefit from playing soccer.
Jogging on grass or mud might be difficult if you don’t have the proper soccer cleats or sneakers. That’s why you should get your kid a pair of high-quality soccer cleats that offer maximum grip, precision, and protection for his or her feet. Choosing the best product for your child from the many available options might be challenging. In this article, we provide a rundown of the best online sources for high-quality soccer shoes.
15 Best Soccer Cleats For Kids
Best Overall: Vizari Infinity FG Soccer Cleats
A pair of pink and black Vizari Infinity FG Soccer Cleats will make your kid the envy of the field. These soccer cleats are constructed with synthetic leather that is both long-lasting and slightly textured for improved ball control. Your child’s feet will be comfortable and supported by the padded ankle collar and the cushioned footbed of these football cleats. These cleats are built to last with anti-stretch lining and double stitching throughout the front and upper.
- The Best for Grass and Fields
- Designed with pliable rubber soles.
- Lacing that may be adjusted to fit the foot
- Nine other two-tone color options are also readily accessible.
- Usually, the color loses its vibrancy after a few usage.
Best For Firm Ground: adidas Unisex-Child Goletto Vi Firm Ground Football Shoe
One of the biggest names in sportswear, adidas, now offers Goletto VI J Firm Ground Soccer Cleats for kids aged 4 to 8. These youth soccer cleats are designed for usage on firm ground (FG), which includes dry, natural grass fields. These traditional cleats look great and perform even better, thanks to their lightweight and durable upper made of 100% synthetic leather and their robust studs. To learn more about the product, please watch the accompanying video.
- They have a rubber outsole and an insole that can be removed for washing, which makes them comfortable and also helps your youngster run faster.
- Potentially limited width shoes.
Best For Traction: Under Armour Kids’ Leadoff Low RM Jr. Baseball Cleats
These Under Armour kid’s cleats are most often seen during baseball games, but they’re also great for soccer. They’re extremely lightweight and long-lasting thanks to their synthetic leather construction. These cleats are great for use on any type of field thanks to the durable leather upper with perforations in the toe box for airflow and the lightweight, durable rubber outsole. Even better, the toe cap has an overlay for extra safety, which is especially important for defenders like your kid. In this video, we get an in-depth look at what this tool can do.
- Heel and collar padding ensure a snug, comfortable fit.
- Extra cushioning and stability are provided by the full-length EVA midsole.
- Now in five distinct hues
- Good grip is provided by the molded rubber studs.
- The padding in the insole helps to disperse the impact of the cleats across the sole of the foot.
- The laces could come undone easily.
Best Stylish: DREAM PAIRS High-Top Sock Soccer Cleat
Trying to find the perfect pair of cleats for your future soccer star? You can’t go wrong with a pair of DREAM PAIRS High-Top Sock Soccer Cleats. These shoes come in 16 different selections, all of which your child will appreciate for their fun colors and fashionable designs. In addition, the rough synthetic top of these cleats improves your child’s grip on the ball. In addition, the anti-slip rubber-molded conical studs keep you steady when making quick twists or cuts. The high-top elastic socks on these children’s soccer cleats are a great feature since they provide support and protection for the ankles without limiting the child’s mobility. They can be played on both grass and synthetic fields. If you want to learn more about this item, you can watch this video.
- Airy, breathable, and long-lasting
- The soft textile linings and cushioned insoles are two features that make these shoes stand out.
- Rotational Traction is a feature of the cleats.
- The lace-up design allows for a customized fit to secure your child’s feet.
- Possible initial difficulty with putting on
Best For Beginners: Diadora Cattura MD Jr. Soccer Shoe
These stylish soccer sneakers are ideal for the beginner soccer player in your family. The extra-wide studs on the sole of the shoe make these soccer cleats among the best for young players since they provide the solidity a beginner needs. It has 14 studs for gripping surfaces and to ease stress on your child’s feet. The uppers of these sneakers are padded for safety, and they’re composed of a durable but comfortable polyurethane. The insole is made with cotton padding for comfort and EVA foam for impact absorption.
- Features collar for the ankles made of brushed nylon
- They come in four additional hues as well.
- Finished with a molded rubber outsole.
- Adults and older children can also purchase these soccer shoes.
- The studs in the heel are evenly spaced to prevent the shoe from tipping.
- The sizing may be on the small side.
Best Comfortable: BomKinta Kids FG Soccer Shoes
When looking for soccer cleats for youngsters, it’s important to prioritize mobility and comfort. That, and more, can be found in the BomKinta Kids FG Soccer Shoes. The synthetic leather upper and cushioned tongue and toe box of these soccer cleats make them comfortable to wear and effective at dampening the effects of hard landings. Moreover, the padding in the collar and the footbed make these shoes perfect for lengthy periods of practice or competition. The rubber-molded outsole of these cleats is extremely robust and provides superb traction on both artificial and natural grass fields.
- The synthetic upper is resistant to stretching.
- Presented in 13 distinct hues.
- Shoes that are not cumbersome in weight
- Built with a TPU-injected mold
- The ultrathin film used in the upper of these shoes helps to repel water and other dirt.
- These footware may be on the narrow side.
Best Non-Slip: Jugafu Soccer Cleats
These Jugafu soccer cleats can help you improve your game on the field. It has a rubber outsole and a polyurethane and synthetic leather upper, so it’s lightweight and flexible and will let you move quickly without restricting your footing. You can make quick rotations thanks to the clear TPU studs, increasing your productivity. The high collar of the cleats is designed to safeguard your ankles. Whether you train on natural grass or artificial turf, these cleats can help you improve your game.
- Stretchy material
- Easily removable and re-wearable
- Various sizes are readily available.
- Possibility of letting go with time
Best Supportive Fit: adidas Kids’ X 18.3 FG Soccer Shoe
The adidas Kids’ X 18.3 FG Soccer Shoe is a terrific pair of firm ground cleats since it is extremely lightweight, durable, and pleasant to wear. The low-cut Clawcollar provides a supportive fit and locks your kid’s feet in place during the game, while the dual-layer mesh upper flexes with your feet to provide excellent control during fast movements.
- Features: Best for usage on solid ground TPU soles
- Available in three different hues.
- Both arrowhead and circular studs can be found on the sneakers.
- The shoe might not have a removable tongue.
Best With Rugged Outsole: Vizari Striker FG Soccer Shoes
These cleats from Vizari are made from a strong synthetic material and will fit your feet snugly without squeezing them. The shoes’ flexible, durable outsole will allow you a wide range of motion. They’re high-performance cleats that also look great thanks to their two-tone design. You should buy these cleats if you place equal importance on comfort and appearance.
- Adjustable lacing system
- Comfortable, cushioned neck collar
- There’s a chance that their width will bother certain people.
Best For Indoors And Outdoors: ROONASN Kids’ Outdoor/Indoor Soccer Shoes
Whether you’re playing indoors or outdoors, ROONASN’s kid-friendly soccer shoes will keep your little star comfortable and secure. These yellow-and-black footwear are crafted from premium leather for all-day wearability. They have a dimpled upper that allows for reliable ball control in both wet and dry situations. These cleats feature a Rotational Traction design and rubber-molded studs of varying sizes, allowing your child to move quickly without risk of slipping. The high-top collar on these soccer shoes provides a secure fit to make sure your kid’s feet stay put as they play.
- Bottom that’s both pliable and soft
- Having a light body
- Durable, mold-based construction for optimal performance
- The cushioned insole adds to the wearer’s ease.
- Perhaps not long-lasting
Best To Improve Performance: JABASIC Kids Outdoor Soccer Cleats Athletic Firm Ground Football Shoes
Cleats like those from JABASIC are designed specifically with newer players in mind. The synthetic top of these soccer cleats has a textured design that improves grip on the ball. There is a lace-up closure in the middle that may be tightened to ensure a snug fit. As an added bonus, they have Rotational Traction cleats and TPU-injected outsoles. These features allow for a more secure footing on hard surfaces and less shoe-to-ground contact. For your kid’s convenience, they come in five fun colors.
- Compact and long-lasting
- Make a barrier between the outside and any water or trash
- The roomy toe box is a result of the round toe shape.
- Ball impacts are lessened by the padded tongue and toe box.
- The interior of these shoes is both comfortable and supportive, thanks to the use of a soft, breathable material.
- The sizing may be on the small side.
Best High-Ankle: Nike Superfly 6 Academy Kid’s Firm Ground Soccer Cleats
There are a number of reasons why the Nike Superfly 6 Academy Kid’s FG/MG Soccer Cleats made it onto our list of the best soccer cleats for kids. The upper is constructed from synthetic leather that hugs your foot like a glove, and the micro-textured surface makes it simple to maintain control of the ball regardless of its velocity or force. With the Dynamic Fit collar, these cleats provide a snug and comfortable fit around the ankles while yet allowing for full range of motion. They’re also quite lightweight, making them ideal for small children who don’t like to wear shoes with a lot of extra material.
- Incorporates both chevron and hollow-point studs.
- Features a sculpted arch and a two-part podular plate system for responsive support.
- Adaptable to both natural and synthetic turf fields
- The top, which resembles a sock, might not have enough give.
Best Sturdy: Hawkwell Kids’ Outdoor Soccer Cleats
These Hawkwell kids’ soccer cleats can help make soccer fun and comfortable for your youngster. The slip-on style and lace-up clasp of these kid-size soccer cleats make it a breeze to secure the wearer’s feet. In the meantime, the knit cuff provides a snug and comfy fit, making these shoes ideal for all-day wear. The durable rubber outsole and cleats dig deep to give traction, making these soccer shoes ideal for use on dry natural grass, where the likelihood of falls and injuries is lower. A micro-textured top is another element that contributes to their superb ball control.
- In three distinct hues
- Minimalist and airy
- It is constructed from both natural and synthetic fibers.
- The snug, sock-like collar wraps around the ankle for support and comfort.
- This effect may not endure forever.
Best For Speed: PUMA Kids’ Spirit Fg Soccer Shoe
The PUMA Evospeed 5 FG Soccer Cleat is a great option for today’s young soccer players that prioritize speed. These are the ideal soccer sneakers for young children because of how light they are. In addition, their anatomical shape makes for a pleasant playing experience. These shoes are designed for usage on natural, firm surfaces, and include a combination of conical and bladed studs to improve acceleration and rapid turns.
- Upper made of 100% synthetic leather; long-lasting
- includes a central lacing system
- Injected thermoplastic polyurethane makes up the outsole.
- The sizing may be on the small side.
Best Precision Striking: Nike Youth Phantom Venom Academy Firm Ground Cleats
Young players may unleash devastating blows with the help of the Nike Youth Phantom Venom Academy Soccer Cleats, thanks to their outstanding control and pinpoint accuracy. Synthetic soccer cleats featuring a mesh upper and an NIKESKIN overlay for a snug, customized fit that grows with your child’s feet. The surface is micro-textured, allowing for precise ball control. Furthermore, the striking area is widened by the asymmetrical lacing system and the elastic mesh covering the lower half of the laces.
- Has ridges at the instep
- Traction is guaranteed thanks to the soleplate.
- Ideal for use on artificial turf fields
- Added comfort with the contoured sockliner.
- Wearing it may be challenging because of how snug it is.
- Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for your kid’s first pair of cleats.
How To Choose The Best Soccer Cleats For Kids
Choose soccer cleats that are extremely lightweight without sacrificing durability. Leather, synthetic leather, mesh, and knit are the most frequent materials for the upper area of soccer cleats. Leather cleats are more long-lasting than their synthetic counterparts, although they are heavier. Your child would be best served by a pair of mesh or knit cleats if they play in hot and humid climates.
It’s important to have the right soccer cleats on the right field. The type of soccer shoe you need is determined on the field’s surface. Find out if your kid will be playing on firm ground, a muddy surface, artificial grass, or an indoor environment before you go shoe shopping.
It’s also important to consider your kid’s position on the field and their preferred playing style while selecting cleats. Cleats that are light and offer exceptional agility and ball control are ideal for forwards, while cleats that offer excellent traction may be more beneficial for goalkeepers.
Finally, check that your kid is wearing properly fitting boots. It’s crucial to find a pair of cleats that performs well and provides excellent support, but comfort is just as important.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do kids need soccer cleats?
Your kid’s soccer cleats are a must-have piece of equipment. Soccer cleats are designed to give players a secure grip, a secure footing, and to protect their feet from injury. Your kid could need specialized cleats for the field conditions.
At what age can kids start wearing soccer cleats?
It is commonly held that kids under the age of five do not need special soccer shoes, and that a good pair of sneakers will suffice. Though introducing soccer cleats to your child at a young age can aid in the development of good form, it is still important for them to master the art of maintaining their balance while on their feet. But as a parent, you have a unique perspective and insight into your child. Give your kid a pair of soccer cleats if you think they’re ready.
The best soccer cleats for kids will help your kid play better and safer. The alternatives mentioned above are great for various fields because they are lightweight and improve stability on difficult terrains while yet being constructed of long-lasting and child-safe materials. A pair that fits well, is constructed of high-quality materials, and is tailored to the player’s position will ensure that your child can focus on the game without feeling restricted.