Summertime is the perfect time for kids to enjoy water play. But if you don’t think a kiddie pool or bathtub is the right fit, we have a list of the top sprinklers for kids. They’re made with kids in mind, so they’re simple, secure, and easy to operate. Children are drawn to the sprinklers because of the many colorful and interesting designs available.
You can put them anywhere you have enough room in your yard or lawn. Your child will have more fun outside, away from screens, with a water sprinkler. Browse our water sprinkler and sprayer options and read up on their benefits and drawbacks before making a purchase.
10 Best Sprinkler For Kids
Best Adjustable Water Pressure: Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Blossom Bright Sprinkler
The Sunny Patch Blossom Bright Sprinkler by Melissa & Doug is a nice addition to the garden-themed toys. It is a bright and flowery sprinkler that might be linked to a garden hose and sprays water in all directions. For kids ages 3–6, this can be a good choice.
- Long-lasting rubber construction.
- Encourages movement and keeps the plants hydrated.
- There are 12 evenly dispersed water spouts.
- Pressure can be adjusted for a finer or coarser spray.
- Simple to install with a standard garden hose
- The blossoms are solid, so rain may cause puddles.
- The potential for excessive water pressure
Best Easy-To-Use: Fun Splashers The Fire Hydrant Sprinkler
This miniature fire hydrant splasher will bring your kids hours of pleasure. Any standard garden hose could be used to power the device, and it could shoot water up to a predetermined distance. Size-wise, this sprinkler clocks in at 8.9 x 5.2 x 4.21in.
- It’s possible that water up to eight feet in the air could be splashed
- Functionally simple
- built on a solid foundation
- Spreads water across the lawn as it spins and sprays it.
- Only with intense force does it spin.
- Exposed to sunlight, the color may fade.
Best For Improving Coordination: Melissa & Doug Splash Patrol Sprinkler
Another great toy from the always-reliable Melissa & Doug, the Sprinkler is guaranteed to keep the little ones entertained. Easy to set up in the great outdoors, it boasts about a dozen water-spraying projections that make a splash. It is 6 x 7.5 x 8 inches, so it’s perfect for kids ages 3 to 6.
- Encourages kids to play outside and enhances their motor skills
- It’s simple to install and take apart
- Robust and long-lasting
- Fun design and brightly colored
- Composed of pliable plastic
- Plants don’t move
- There is insufficient water pressure
Best For Children Over Three Months: JOYIN Inflatable Unicorn Yard Sprinkler
This may be one of the greatest sprinklers to get your kiddo if he or she has shown an affinity for fabled beasts. It is four feet tall and appropriately hooks up to the hose. Inflate the sprinkler before usage and connect it to a regular-sized garden hose to begin the fun.
- Pressure in the PVC tube allows for fine-tuning.
- Appropriate for those older than three months.
- Produced from premium, thick material
- Perfect for outdoor water fun, pool celebrations, and unicorn-themed birthdays
- When fully saturated, it may droop.
- Sometimes they can’t take the pressure of the hose.
Best Adjustable Spray Angle: Buyplus Lawn Sprinkler
The agricultural, grass-irrigating, nursery-watering, cooling, and greenhouse-watering applications for the Buyplus Lawn sprinkler are all possible. It has three swiveling spray arms that can be rotated through a full 360 degrees and a total of 12 spray nozzles that can reach heights of up to 32.8 feet, effectively watering an area of grass of 3,600 square feet in size.
- Wide coverage and long range spraying
- The spraying angle can be changed between 45 degrees and 60 degrees.
- ABS plastic and rustproof polymer construction.
- a solid foundation that facilitates setup
- Creates the impression of rain
- A wider yard area may not be adequately sprayed.
- High water pressure can cause sprinkler heads to explode.
Matty’s Toy Stop Henry The Hydrant Water Sprinkler
Your kid might have a blast in the summer with Henry, The Hydrant Water Sprinkler. Any standard garden hose could be used to power the device, which could then shoot water up to 16 feet in all directions and 10 feet high. It’s appropriate for kids over the age of six and measures 10.8 by 7 by 7 inches.
- Putting in the sprinkler is a breeze.
- spins wildly, spraying water in all directions
- Made from durable plastic that won’t break easily.
- You could hook it up to your regular garden hose with no problem.
- bigger sprinkler
- As a result of the hose leak, water may spray everywhere.
- The rates and intensities of acceleration and pressure are fixed.
Best Compact Design: glorden Flower Design Circular Spot Sprinkler
The water stream from the glorden Circular Spot Sprinkler, which is constructed out of aluminum metal, may reach heights of up to seven feet. As a result, it’s a fantastic activity for kids to do on a warm summer day. The maximum height and width at which water could spray is 30 feet.
- The sprinkler is strong and long-lasting.
- Perfect for compact gardens
- Conveniently sized and lightweight
- Soft raindrops
- Easy to understand and perfect for young kids
- It’s possible that a thick hose won’t fit.
- Potentially vulnerable to high water pressure
Best Easy-To-Setup: B. toys by Battat Whirly Whale Sprinkler
A sprinkler inspired by the sea, designed to work with a regular hose. Little ones anticipate a fun and wacky water display thanks to the fishes’ spraying. It has dimensions of 9.6 by 8.4 by 8.2 inches and comes with three quick-connect adapters.
- There are eight fish that swim in a circle around the whale, drenching everyone in their wake.
- Fast and simple to set up
- Supports enjoyable time spent outside
- Strong and trouble-free construction
- Suits children ages 2 to 8
- The pressure in the hose’s connecting tube might not be strong enough to carry the water.
- The hose connection could spring a leak, causing water damage.
Best Easy-To-Store: MeiGuiSha Inflatable Shark Yard Summer Sprinkler Toy
This MeiGuisha Inflatable Shark Yard Sprinkler is a great summertime toy, standing at over six feet in height and providing hours of fun. In order to maintain stability, a rope must be tied to both the front and back of the structure. With dimensions of 15 by 11.9 by 4.5 inches, this sprinkler is on the larger side.
- The water’s pressure can be adjusted.
- Long-lasting thanks to its high-quality PVC construction.
- Conveniently small and foldable for storage
- Evocative of what it’s like to be in the mist of a waterfall
- Suitable for use with a common garden hose
- Needs help to stay upright
- Could leak under pressure
Matty’s Toy Stop Nelson The Narwhal (Blue Unicorn of The Sea) Water Sprinkler
If you’re looking for a fun water toy for your kid, consider this one with a fun theme. Depending on the water pressure, the water can be sprayed up to 12 feet high and 16 feet wide. It’s around 10.8 x 6 x 6 inches in size, making it great for kids over the age of three.
- Easily arranged
- Water is sprayed over a large area.
- Heavy-duty plastic construction
- Use with any standard garden hose
- Slightly fewer spray nozzles
How To Choose Right Sprinklers For Children?
There are a few things to think about before buying a sprinkler for your kids.
Multi-spray sprinklers are great for kids. Children can gather around it and splash in the water while it sprays all around the yard.
Design and color:
Sprinklers with a cheery color and a cutesy pattern may be the difference. Kids are naturally drawn to and entertained by playthings with such themes.
Varied water heights:
Think about getting a sprinkler with a height regulator. In that situation, the older child can benefit from high pressure, while the younger youngster can get by with just a trickle.
Verify the material’s quality to ensure it serves you well for a long period. The item shouldn’t include any chemicals or other substances that could hurt the kid.
Instead of a stationary sprinkler, invest in one that can rotate or oscillate. The play will be more entertaining as a result.