After months in a crib, your child is ready to move up to a big kid bed, but you’re worried about him or her falling out. Which is why you need only the highest quality toddler bed rails.
When your child is sleeping alone, you should install toddler rails to keep them from rolling off the bed and getting hurt. In light of this, if you intend to transition your infant to a bed soon, you should think about purchasing toddler bed rails to ensure their safety while they sleep. The peace of mind that comes from knowing your child is secure allows you to enjoy some time to yourself while your baby sleeps.
Below is a list of the top rated bed rails for toddlers that we have researched and prepared for your convenience.
11 Best Bed Rails For Toddler
ComfyBumpy Toddler Bed Rail
Featuring a traditional metal and mesh design, this toddler bed rail guard from ComfyBumpy is made to fit a wide range of bed sizes, from standard single cots to California kings. This durable, extra-tall, and straightforward chair is ideal for toddlers with a year of life under their belts. Watch this video for some insight into the product.
- The bed’s side rail may be quickly and easily collapsed.
- Included velcro straps make it easy to attach to slatted cribs.
- Fits both standard and jumbo sized box springs and comes with screws for wood cots
- fabricated of smooth, flat metal bars that won’t dig in or irritate the skin.
- Mesh padding is both breathable and soft.
- It’s possible that it’s a tad too short for a king-sized mattress.
Dream On Me Mesh Bed Rail
This bed rail is constructed of high-quality steel, 3D linen, and breathable mesh, and it is made specifically for use with adult twin-size beds. It’s simple to set up, doesn’t weigh much, and has a solid build quality. Your child will be safer in it thanks to the stabilizer bar and the stronger anchor system. You can learn everything you need to know about this product by watching this video.
- includes safety-enhancing rounded corners
- In 7 distinct hues
- Wooden cots may not fare well in this environment.
Summer Infant Double Safety Bed Rail
If you have a bed in the middle of the room, this metal bed rail can be used on either side to keep your child safe while they sleep. Each section measures 42. 5 x 21 inches, so it can fit anything from a twin to a queen mattress, as well as a standard or high platform bed. Here is a video that provides a more in-depth analysis of this product.
- Compatible with broader and thicker bed frames
- Material is a polyester mesh that allows air to circulate.
- Children can easily get in and out of bed with the fold-down side.
- The bed sheets are simple to change.
- Applying any force could cause the pins connecting the two rails to come loose.
- A little bit pricey
TotCraft Toddler Bed Rail
The bed rail from TotCraft is made to fit any standard size bed and any standard mattress. It can be attached to a bed using the included screws, straps, or Velcro, and can be used with either a solid wood foundation or a box spring and slats.
- Consisting of metal rods with a mesh backing
- Toxin-free, high-strength, long-lasting
- Includes a foldable design that has been patented
- The mesh material can be cleaned in the washing machine.
- It comes in a choice of two hues.
- Not accompanied by a user-friendly manual explaining the ins and
Regalo Extra Long Swing Down Bed Rail
You should get this extra-long bed rail for your kid if he or she tends to roll about a lot while sleeping. The added safety provided by this bed rail is reflected in the panel’s dimensions of 54 by 20 inches. It also has the company’s unique Gap Guard technology, which stops air from escaping through the space between the bed’s rails and mattress.
- Cots of the queen size can fit comfortably.
- The bed’s convenient “swing-down” design makes getting in and out of bed a breeze.
- Compact and straightforward to set up
- Steel frame with a sturdy nylon mesh exterior.
- Cleans up with soap and water
- Only compatible for a box spring and mattress setup.
BuBumper Extra Long Foam Bed Rail
Dislike bulky, excessively long bed rails? If that’s the case, then you should definitely try out this foam mattress. This inflatable bed bumper is compact enough to take with you everywhere, yet it is long enough to give your child peace of mind while sleeping. It can be used on any bed size from a twin to a king.
- Slides easily under a fitted sheet for a quick and simple set up.
- Cover may be washed in a machine and is resistant to water.
- They are safe for anyone with allergies and contain no toxins.
- Skid-proof backing
- A little bit pricey
Modvel Toddler Bed Bumper
Your toddler may feel suffocated by a bed rail, so this foam bumper is a good alternative. Simply blow up the bumper and slide it under the mattress. It’s soft and the perfect size to ensure your child’s security as they sleep. A bumper won’t slide off because of the nonslip base.
- All sizes of beds, from babies to doubles to kings, can use these sheets.
- Anti-rain and washable in a machine
- These hypoallergenic and long-lasting materials are ideal for those with allergies.
- Easy access for older children to hop on the bed without stepping on the bumper.
- It’s possible that the ceiling is too low for your loft or bunk bed.
Kooldoo Fold-Down Bed Rail
This Kooldoo toddler bed rail is one of the best available due to its high quality and safety features. It’s constructed from high-quality steel and lined with foamed cotton for extra padding. The bed’s headboard and footboard fold down for simple access when making or making up the bed, and to facilitate the changing of the bedsheets.
- Suitable for use with any bed size, from cribs to kings
- Fabrics without formaldehyde
- Equipped with a seatbelt
- Simple to set up
- Easily cleaned and highly durable
- It’s possible that cribs and platform beds with a lower height won’t fit due to the fold-down design.
Munchkin Toddler Bed Rail
The Munchkin Toddler Bed Rail, constructed from sturdy metal and airy mesh, is among the most reliable options for toddler bed rails on the market. It has smooth, rounded edges that will keep your child safe. A child of two to five would enjoy it.
- Protective straps prevent the mattress from shifting between the bed’s rails.
- The structure collapses for storage.
- Adjustable to fit mattresses of varying sizes
- Simple cleaning with water will do the trick!
- It comes in a choice of two hues.
SURPCOS Bed Rail For Toddlers
This SURPCOS bed rail is the perfect solution for parents whose toddlers spin in circles every hour or so. This bed rail is tall enough to prevent your child from going over and covers one complete side of the bed, making it suitable for children aged 1 to 5.
- In a range of sizes to accommodate a wide variety of mattresses
- Constructed with premium grade steel and long-lasting nylon mesh.
- The bed rail may be easily adjusted to the desired height.
- Carry-on compartment
- Simple in both setup and use
- A lot of money.
Seven Colors Bed Rail For Toddlers
These bed rails are made of metal and alloy steel to provide a silent, smooth vertical lift that only requires one hand to operate. Simple controls make getting in and out of bed a breeze. Accidents involving children are prevented by a child-lock device built into the railings. They can be used on any standard bed size, including twin, queen, king, and double.
- Easily washable and replaceable
- Long-lasting nylon mesh fabric
- Simple to set up
- Possibility of shakiness
Next, we’ll go over a few things to keep in mind while shopping for a bed rail.
The Right Age To Start Using A Bed Rail
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises using a bed rail between the ages of 2 and 5. However, some parents start employing a bed rail as early as 18 months old for their child. Therefore, it could also depend on whether or not your child is prepared to move from a crib to a bed (with a bed rail), and whether or not you are prepared for this stage as a parent.
Are Bed Rails Safe For Babies
Babies and newborns might not be safe with bed rails. The reason for this is because infants and toddlers are more likely to become trapped between the bed rail and the mattress.
A Guide To Choosing The Right Bed Rail
Picking the right toddler bed rail requires careful consideration of a number of factors. Consider the following points.
The bed rail’s material should be one of your first considerations. Construction materials range from plastic and wood to metal and aluminum. You should make sure that whichever you pick will hold up well through your kid’s development. Bed rails for children should be made of non-toxic materials and have rounded corners to prevent injuries.
The bed rail’s dimensions should reflect both the size of the bed and the desired degree of safety net protection. Some bed rails are designed for use just with single or twin mattresses, while others can be used with a wide variety of bed sizes and types. If you’re still on the fence regarding your bed’s dimensions, it’s best to measure it to be sure it will fit. Be sure the frame is tall enough for your needs; a higher bed rail means more security.
Metal bed rails are typically straightforward to set up. Just readjust the Velcro or strap under your mattress and you’re set. A set of screws could be useful if your cot has a wooden frame. Parents who want not to use metal can switch to foam bumpers. The vast majority of products, however, include straightforward manuals that explain how to use them.
a. There are single- and double-sided bed railings available. Pick one depending on how the bed is arranged in the room.
b. Find a bed rail that can be collapsed when not in use. The ease with which your kid can get in and out of bed is greatly enhanced by this addition.
There you have it, a selection of the eleven most reliable toddler bed rails on the market today. When it’s time to graduate your child from the crib to a standard bed, bed rails or bumpers are a wise investment. When did you first start putting a rail on your kid’s bed?