When your child reaches the age of four, you’ll notice an improvement in their pretend play and a newfound enthusiasm for playing games. They can express their preferences more clearly and articulately (1). When shopping for toys and gifts for 4-year-old boys, keep these characteristics in mind.
You’ll need to put in more effort if you’re shopping for a boy who’s four years old. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most fascinating and intriguing toys and games that would be perfect for a boy turning four years old.
32 Best Toys And Gifts For 4-Year-Old Boys
Best For Exercising The Brain: ThinkFun Zingo Bingo
Small nerds who have had enough puzzles praise the mental workout provided by games like Zingo. There is room for seven players in this game. You can find out more by watching this video review of the product.
- Encourages children to think critically
- Facilitates linguistic growth
- Fosters the ability to work together
- Winner of multiple awards
- This could be a little bit baffling to some people.
Best For Storing Mini Cars: Green Toys Car Carrier Vehicle Set Toy
Your son will require a car carrier if he has an extensive collection of toy vehicles. His prized automobiles can be transported from one location to another in the blue double-decker carrier. Check out the video at this link for a closer look at the item.
- Vehicle transporter with two ramps and three toy automobiles.
- Fabricated from non-toxic recycled plastic
- Chemical-free; no Bisphenol A, Phthalates, or PVC
- Inconspicuous in the kitchen and safe for the dishwasher
- Builds muscle for better motor abilities
- There’s a chance that the cab and trailer could become disassociated at times.
- Possibility of a dangling back gate
Best For Developing Fine Motor Skills: Green Toys Ferry Boat with Mini Cars Bathtub Toy
There will be occasions when your little guy needs assistance getting his cars across a body of water. His cars may ride in style and comfort from one side of the tub to the other, thanks to this ferryboat. He can play with the boat in the tub if he doesn’t want to bring his cars elsewhere. This video provides a deeper dive into the product’s features.
- The two-story ferry has room for four passengers and two automobiles.
- Resulting from the reuse of milk containers.
- Non-BPA, non-PVC, non-phthalate
- Improves motor competence.
- Inconspicuous in the kitchen and safe for the dishwasher
- Perhaps it would be too bulky
- Possibility of Bathtub Overturning
Best For A Child Who Loves Cars: Matchbox Gift Pack Assortment
This variety pack is perfect for young males who enjoy collecting cars. It has a collection of boys’ favorite toys—tiny, durable automobiles and trucks. Since every car in the Matchbox range is special, we recommend getting at least two sets.
- The nine vehicle varieties included in each set.
- Toy cars in the 1:16 scale
- Genuine sound effects
- Your kid will love the distinctive die-cast cars included in this set.
- sizing may not be accurate
- Contrary to the packaging depiction, it’s possible that
Best For Role Play: PAW Patrol My Size Lookout Tower
A municipality can’t function well without a team of trustworthy people keeping an eye on things, and that includes police and fire personnel. This PAW Patrol play set can aid your courageous boy in spotting danger and rescuing the day.
- Features Marshall, Chase, Skye, and Rubble figures, as well as a 2-foot lookout tower.
- Includes both visual and auditory impacts
- Motivates pretend play and inspires creativity.
- The perfect gift for any parent looking to instill a sense of courage in their child.
- Putting together some of the parts could be challenging.
Best For A Child Who Loves Dinos: Dig a Dozen Dino Eggs Kit
There are twelve dinosaur eggs in this set. To reveal the dino within, your child will need to break open the eggs.
- The set of 12 illustrated information cards provides a brief overview of the life and times of 12 different dinosaurs.
- Set of 12 chisels and 12 cards with instructions to help your child crack and open eggs.
- Certified as conforming to the strictest criteria for STEM education by a specialized group
- Perfect for giving to others
- It could get a little dirty if you play with it.
- A screwdriver could be required to crack the eggs.
Best For Improving Focus: The Learning Journey: Match It!
Add some brain-twisting fun to your kid’s playtime with a quality puzzle toy set. Your son may increase his vocabulary and reading ability by solving this puzzle based on letters, shapes, and sounds.
- Self-correcting puzzle set with 10 three-piece and ten four-piece puzzles
- Facilitates better recognition of individual letters
- Improves vocabulary, grammar, and spelling.
- The child’s self-assurance grows when he or she discovers winning combinations.
- Aids in concentrating and focusing better
- Possible overestimation of size
- It’s possible that kids will tire of the puzzles after a while.
Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set
As a sport, basketball is quite popular among young males. For your kid’s health and fitness, this sport is a great option. In contrast, this compact basketball set is an excellent option for those who are limited by available floor area. It looks like a regulation basketball goal, but it’s sized appropriately for younger boys.
- Modifiable basketball holder facilitates easy game time
- Included are three basketballs in the junior size.
- Aids in the growth of core competencies including balance and co-ordination
- capable of being enjoyed both indoors and out
- It’s possible the net will periodically fall through the cracks.
Liberty Imports Kids Take Apart Toys
Interested in how things work, a young child of four dismantles and reassembles his toys. For your child’s amusement, this set of cars can be disassembled. The vehicle is simple to disassemble and rebuild.
- The set consists of a drill, screws, and eight tires, as well as five different automobile parts and five different modification parts.
- Strong construction that can take a beating
- The vehicle’s headlights flash and engine noises can be heard.
- BPA and PVC-free
- Possible oversensitivity of the sound box
ToyVelt Kids Camping Tent Set Toys
In other words, camping is a great time. Also, if you have a fancy camping kit, you’ll have a blast. This camping set has everything your boy could possibly need for an outdoor adventure, including a tent, compass, walkie-talkie, and binoculars.
- Helps young people appreciate the outdoors and the joys of camping and hiking
- Instructs the youngster in the proper usage of several pieces of camping gear.
- Lets youngsters get about without relying on electronics
- encourages talking to loved ones
- It’s possible that the tent’s fabric is too thin.
Kidcheer Magnet Building Tiles
Your son will enjoy the endless possibilities of construction with these magnet tiles. The set comes with 80 tiles (40 triangles and 24 squares), a guidebook, and a carrying case.
- Using ABS plastic, which is a safe material.
- Each block has rounded corners to ensure the safety of young children.
- Children’s imaginations might flourish during the construction process.
- Improves one’s ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Assists in the introduction of basic color and shape concepts to young learners.
- Not sure if it’ll be as sturdy
- The strength of magnets may be diminished.
Fisher-Price Nickelodeon PAW Patrol Lights & Sounds Trike
If you get your son a tricycle with a PAW patrol design, he can pretend to patrol his city and keep everyone safe while he pedals around in glee. To help your tiny darling catch up to the infamous beings, this bike has lights and is simple to pedal.
- As a result, handlebars are typically shaped for a comfortable grip.
- Riding steadily and securely on wide wheels
- There are a total of three incline positions available for the seat.
- With a secret storage space
- Those are the toy walkie-amusing talkie’s noises.
- Perhaps less substantial than anticipated
VTech Write And Learn Creative Center
Simple to sketch, and just as simple to erase! The doodling board may be used quickly and easily. If your son enjoys sketching, this doodle board can serve as an inexpensive alternative to buying him sketchbooks.
- Makes it possible for kids to doodle, draw, and write over and over again
- Playing with a stencil helps kids get better at drawing.
- A digital board can direct children as they practice writing their names, the alphabet, and other objects.
- Helps students take the next step from simple drawing to intricate patterns
- Slightly excessive volume is possible.
VTech Drill & Learn Toolbox
Typically, boys have a penchant for mending various objects. And this is the kit for the heroes among us who are always there to save the day with their problem-solving superpowers.
- Tools, electronic tray, drill, hammer, wrench, two nails, and two screws included in this set of eight activities.
- As the toy drill spins, it grates the large screws that secure the box shut.
- A series of illuminated buttons initiates musical selections.
- Practice makes perfect, and drilling is great for developing both.
- The available music might be restricted.
Lincoln Logs Centennial Edition Tin
Your little builder can put up a quaint cottage with this 153-piece maple wood toy kit. Logs are packaged in a tin jar for simple clean-up and re-packing when your youngster is through playing.
- The act of construction is excellent for developing hand-eye coordination.
- Building spatial awareness through balancing and positioning the logs.
- Instructions are clear and straightforward.
- The two cowboys and two horses figures are included to complete the Western theme.
- inspires kids’ imaginations
- It’s possible that tin may be a major space hog.
Selieve Walkie Talkies For Kids
Playing with walkie talkies is always a good time. Your child can use this set of walkie-talkies to add a new and exciting element to any activity, from trips to the park to regular game time.
- Transmission range of 3 miles in wide field; 0.5-1 miles in populated areas
- Features an LCD backlight and an integrated flashlight.
- The body is sturdy and can withstand being dropped.
- Ergonomically, this is a breeze for kids to use.
- Includes an anti-interference function and 22 channels to help cut down on background noise.
- It’s possible that some channels aren’t safe to use.
- The battery life could be severely compromised.
Espresso Bar Play Kitchen For Kids
If you have a budding chef in the family, they’ll love this pretend kitchen. Toy cooking appliances included for hours of imaginative fun.
- The burner sounds on the stovetop are really lifelike.
- lights up the field for some serious action
- Includes an in-cup brewer for fast java.
- Those little extras can be stored in the vast refrigerator.
- There is only one control knob for the stove.
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard
This robot, like the one in the Transformers film, can change into a vehicle. To help in a tough struggle against the enemy, the rescue pet figures can be transformed into armor, a capture claw, and a projectile launcher.
- All the pieces in this set are extra-small so that even toddlers may play with it.
- One quick motion transforms the robot into a functional vehicle.
- Amusing tunes are playing in the car.
- Somebody’s car just flashed its lights
- It may be a little challenging to relocate specific components.
Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Tough Trike
This Harley-Davidson Tough Trike is the best option you have found thus far if you’ve been looking for a stylish three-wheeler. This trike was built to look like a branded bicycle, complete with tough tires.
- Grip-friendly handles.
- Having large, sturdy tires makes for a more stable and comfortable ride.
- Easy-to-reach pedals make pedaling a breeze.
- Equipped with a hidden storage space for playthings.
- Aids in the growth of kids’ large muscle control and equilibrium
- Often difficult to control
- For some kids, this size may feel excessive.
LeapFrog Scribble And Write Tablet
Consider this digital scribble pad for your next present for your kid boy if you’ve noticed he’s showing signs of being an aspiring artist. He is free to doodle and scribble whatever he likes.
- Encourages children to practice their handwriting by following a series of digital lights as they form letters and numbers.
- Instructs young writers in proper form
- Offers audible responses to facilitate learning
- Features a comfortable, ergonomic stylus for use with the device.
- Potentially insufficient to teach all possible letter sounds
Windy City Novelties LED Realistic Dinosaur
This lifelike dinosaur toy is 12 inches in length and 6 inches in height and is a top gift pick for kids. Its tough plastic construction stands up to even the roughest play. Children of all ages can benefit from the toy’s sensory play experience and enhanced focus and other development thanks to the toy’s use of light, sound, and motion. Children with autism can also like the toy.
- Batteries are built-in and included.
- With a simple toggle, you can turn things on and off.
- Jaw and limbs can be moved around
- Possible increase in volume
- lacks a remote control
Matchbox 4-Level Garage
A nice parking garage is a need for a short man who owns several expensive automobiles. You can trust that your boy’s cars will be secure in this four-story garage, and he can even show them off with the help of the launcher.
- Features a gas pump, a crane, and an elevator.
- Designed with a helical ramp for vehicle launch.
- A car wash for cleaning miniature matchbox vehicles is included.
- The set comes with a wrecker to transport damaged vehicles.
- Potentially difficult to put together.
Kidtastic Dinosaur Toys
No one can deny that kids find dinosaurs to be the most fascinating animals ever. This 106-piece STEM toy features numerous dinosaur-like pieces that your son must assemble into a puzzle in order to reveal the finished beast.
- Ergonomically shaped playthings for small palms.
- Without Bisphenol A, Lead, or Phthalates
- Development of fine motor skills is promoted through the process of matching and assembling the parts.
- Improves children’s ability to solve problems
- lacks accompanying directions
Disney Pixar Cars 3 Travel Time Mack Playset
This playhouse, inspired by the DisneyPixar film Car 3, is a fun way for your boy to spend time imagining and acting out his own racing adventures. You can rest assured that your kid’s car will be maintained quickly and efficiently thanks to the two service cars included with this mobile mack.
- The playable car comes with an operational door.
- Vehicles: Up to 4 Will Fit Inside
- It’s a big enough parking lot to fit four cars in the playground.
- Playing with and pushing this lightweight vehicle is a breeze.
- Perhaps less substantial than anticipated
Rocket Ship Play Tent Playhouse
This tent in the shape of a rocket will make your little one feel like they’re traveling into space. It’s made to appeal to the imagination of young children who are fascinated by the stars.
- Created using a polyester material that doesn’t offgas
- This rod is made of fiberglass and has a waterproof body.
- Excellent air circulation is ensured by the mesh construction of the windows.
- Kids will love this tent because of the bright colors and fun designs.
- Fast to clean and store
- Installation could be a little bit of a hassle.
- Not a glow-in-the-dark item
Lego Juniors Lightning McQueen Speed Launcher 10730 Building Kit
This rocket booster will help your son reach his potential as a future racing champion. He need to load the car into the launcher and hit the start button to begin the race.
- Facilitates the development of children’s assembly skills
- includes a scoreboard
- Comprised of a launch pad
- Also includes an understandable playing guide
- There is a chance that the launch function is insufficient.
ToyVelt Kids Toy Workbench
Your son may pretend to be a handyman with this 68-piece kids toy workbench and tool set. Your youngster can pretend to be a handyman with this fun toy.
- Set has authentic tools like a hammer, nuts, and screws.
- Convertible workbench folds up into a compact toolbox
- Building motor skills through activities like hammering and mending things is beneficial.
- Screw-fixing is a great way to hone your hand-eye coordination and mental clarity.
- Unlike a table, a workbench can wobble.
- Avoids collapsing
Fisher-Price Think & Learn Smart Cycle
Enjoyable and thrilling, virtual reality games never get old. Using this high-tech bicycle, your young prodigy may simulate the thrill of professional cycling without ever leaving the house. Allow your child to spend hours of free time driving, gaming, or racing by downloading the free Smart Cycle Mission to Tech City app.
- In order to facilitate user interaction, Cycle features a tablet display.
- Because of its Bluetooth compatibility, it can be wirelessly linked to a television set.
- The child can sit in perfect comfort thanks to the seat’s adjustability.
- Perfect for introducing children to the alphabet, learning new vocabulary, and spelling
- Some users have reported that the app is slow.
Learning Resources 100 Piece Deluxe Building Set
Your son can build anything his mind can conjure with this set of interlocking gears. An expanding child can gain a lot of useful skills from the STEM toy.
- Coupling the little gears promotes the growth of fine motor skills.
- The process of fine-tuning the interconnecting pieces improves analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Building something from scratch is a great way to exercise your imagination.
- The toy’s corrugated cardboard packaging makes it easy to transport and store.
- It could be a little tricky to snap the pieces together.
Liberty Imports Friction Powered Police Car
Don’t be afraid to let your child hero take the wheel of his own police car and start the chase. You can launch the vehicle into rapid motion with just a little bit of backwards force and a release.
- Using ABS plastic, which is a safe material.
- Featuring two opening doors, this set allows for realistic role-playing.
- A car’s lights and sirens go out.
- Vehicle operates by a pull-back mechanism.
- Contoured for the comfort of smaller hands.
- Possible battery replacement hassles
- Some people might find it a little too loud.
Prograce Kids Camera Children Digital Cameras For Boys
This child-friendly digital camera from PROGRACE is a great way to get your kid interested in photography. Children’s small hands may easily grasp and use the controls.
- Took 5MP stills and 108OP video; great for kids.
- Features an IPS HD display that’s only two inches in size.
- Allows for both continuous shooting and time-lapse effects
- In-camera logic games are included.
- Strap around your neck that won’t break the bank
- Perhaps less substantial than anticipated
Hape Quadrilla Wooden Marble Run Construction
Kids who enjoy a good challenge will enjoy building with this marble run construction set. This game may be a hit with your son if he enjoys a good challenge and is looking for something with those characteristics.
- Child-friendly birch and rubber wood construction.
- The process of creating the optimal combination strengthens spatial and logical thinking.
- Children can devise a wide variety of play plans.
- encourages the study of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Possibly not appropriate for very young children.
- It’s worth noting that some of the pieces are plastic.
If you’re shopping for a guy turning four, consider the following suggestions.
Your youngster, at age 4, is just beginning to take on his own distinct character. As a result, he now has his own set of tastes, preferences, and disfavors. If you’re at a loss, just get him another one just like the one he already has.
Your son could be persuaded by his peers to want to play with the same toys as them. If you listen carefully, you can make him pleased by giving him a present he has specifically requested.
If you want to buy a gift for a child, you should consult with the child’s parents to find out what he likes and doesn’t like before making a purchase.