We’ve put together a list of the top toys for 5-month-old babies to make your life easier if you have one at home. In the past few months, your baby has developed a little and is now able to hold a toy, speak, and move things. Therefore, infants require toys to observe and grab in order to strengthen their muscles and focus. In addition, your child’s senses might be stimulated by a toy’s vivid colors, sounds, and textures.
We’ve compiled a collection of enjoyable and useful toys to support your baby’s developmental stages. Read on to discover more about the different toys that are available so that you can select one that meets your child’s needs.
17 Best Toys For 5-Month-Old Babies
Best Toy For Developing Tactile Senses: Bright Starts Snuggle & Teethe Toy
This versatile, cuddly elephant is comfortable to cuddle while sleeping and relieves your baby’s sore gums. Take a look at this video for more information before purchasing.
- The baby is kept cozy by soft cloth.
- Body-wrapped in crinkly material to enhance tactile senses
- Having textured feet can calm teething gums.
- Simple to clean with a soapy towel and water
- When washed, it can bleed
- possibly too big for some infants
Best Toy With Soft Body: Skip Hop Bandana Buddies Baby Activity and Teething Toy
This toy can change into a rattle, soft toy, teether, or whatever else your baby desires. Additionally, you can choose from a range of characters to find the one your child might enjoy the most.
- Baby can play easily because to the soft body.
- Baby’s hearing is developed with the aid of rattles.
- The parent can wear the toy as a bracelet because the bandana teether is detachable.
- Free of phthalates and PVC
- easily fastened to a car seat or stroller
- For certain infants, teething areas may be difficult.
- Ring might be easily lost.
Best Toy With Textured Handle: Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Toy
This rattling toy may quickly grab your mischievous devil’s interest and soothe their cries.
- Its colorful body gives babies a visual pleasure.
- Clear rattle with vibrant beads aids with visual recognition.
- The handle’s texture makes it simple to hold and relieves sore gums.
- The rattle’s child-safe mirror and beads reflect light.
- If washed, plastic beads could collect water.
- is not sterilizable
Best Toy With Soft Teething Surface: The First Years First Rattle
This baby rattle toy, which is popular with most parents, is a wonderful method to introduce your precious child to adorable toys. Because of its soft body, babies may simply play with it.
- provides a gentle teething surface to reduce teething discomfort.
- Soft body is simple to grab and grip.
- Bright hues facilitate visual tracking.
- Toy with several textures and striking patterns
- possibly enormous for some
- The texture could be a touch harsh for infants.
Best Toy to Soothe Child’s Painful Gums: Bambeado Baby Teething Toy Extraordinaire
The ideal texture is provided by this teether to help your baby’s sore gums. It comes in a variety of hues. Take a look at this video for more information before you buy.
- made from soft, food-grade silicone
- Baby back gums are easily reached by the thin and lengthy parts.
- The use of a single mold prevents the formation of microorganisms.
- neither too soft nor too firm of a texture
- Lead, PVC, and BPA-free
- may leave a white coating after being washed in a dishwasher.
- Antennas that separate over time provide a choking risk.
Best Toy For Strollers And Cribs: Baby Einstein Star Bright Symphony Toy
When in a new environment or when traveling, babies can grow agitated. In this situation, a musical toy can keep the child entertained and content.
- Cute happy star performs several classical pieces.
- flashes soft lights in order to get the infant’s attention.
- includes a strap for securing to a car seat, cot, or stroller for infants.
- Easily graspable body
- appropriate for teething
- Over time, paint may flake off.
- Some babies may find the strobing pattern of some lights to be too harsh.
Best Eco-Friendly Toy: MerVeilleux Cartoon Stuffed Animal Soft Plush Rattle Squeaker
Two rattle sticks are included in the set: an elephant and a lion. They are constructed of luxurious short velvet fabric and filled with eco-friendly polypropylene cotton. These cuddly, squeezable rattle squeakers give a newborn the much-desired warmth they yearn for.
- Easily graspable body
- The baby’s ears are crinkling and making noises.
- When the tail is pinched, a buzzing sound is produced that helps explain cause and effect.
- Appropriate for gifts
- merely make a slight sound
- Children’s attention may not be captured
Best Toy For Stimulating Visual Senses: Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym
A play mat, a peek-a-boo mirror, a belly time bolster, and a toy arch with dangling toys are all included in this gym set for your baby’s amusement. Take a look at this video for more information before purchasing.
- fabric is polyester.
- simple to store and fold
- Toys with removable parts generate rattling and crinkling noises.
- includes a teether free of BPA.
- Baby’s visual sensibility is stimulated by colorful toys and patterned blankets.
- possibly not enough cushioning
- may eventually be prone to ripping
Best Toy For Developing Multiple Senses: Gizmovine 10pcs Baby Toys Rattles Set
Babies’ numerous senses develop more easily thanks to rattles. Your infant will enjoy playing with this collection of rattles for a very long time.
- made from a BPA-free, lightweight, non-toxic plastic.
- To grab the baby’s interest, colorful rattles produce noise.
- Rattles are simple to keep and clean.
- Toys have smooth edges and are simple to hold.
- Not something that babies should chew on
- may eventually grow mold
Best BPA-Free Toy For Teething: RaZbaby RaZ-Berry Silicone Teether
Teethers are essential for babies under five months old. Baby teething can be painful, thus this hands-free teether toy has been created to lessen the child’s suffering.
- food-grade silicone is utilized.
- Absent BPA
- Handle with multiple textures for infants to easily grasp
- Can be chilled to offer additional comfort for sore gums.
- may be too large for certain infants.
Infantino Hug and Tug Musical Bug
If your baby wants it, this adorable little bug also plays music and dangles. Your infant can grip and play with it thanks to its detachable hook and loop fastener.
- includes a peek-a-boo mirror and two clacker rings that are safe for children.
- plays music when you pull the toy’s head.
- attached to cradles and strollers
- The colors might not be vivid enough.
- This toy may not have enough strong Velcro.
Tiny Love Meadow Days Take Along Mobile
When you’re on the go, the Meadow Days Take-Along Mobile with spinning toys is a fantastic toy. Your infant will be entertained if you attach the mobile to their crib or stroller.
- Baby’s vision develops with the aid of spinning toys.
- 30 minutes of five different tunes are played.
- has a hook-and-loop fastening so that you may attach it to a baby carrier.
- comes with a substantial crib to attach it to a stroller.
- encourages emotional intelligence
- not equipped with a volume control
- The toy can be too hefty for infants.
Baby Einstein Roller-Pillar Activity Balls Toy
Toys with the iconic Baby Einstein caterpillar are now available. Each colorful ball has a multi-sensory surprise within that can be activated by shaking, rolling, or dropping it, making it perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. There are engaging lights on the caterpillar’s face, friendly pups, and soothing rattle noises that your infant will enjoy. While you’re working on your baby’s fine motor abilities, you may watch as your little one crawls toward the wonder of discovery.
- Balls aid in the exploration of light, music, realistic pictures, and many textures.
- improves fine motor skills
- promotes crawling
- Absent BPA
- The exercise balls may need to be rotated more forcefully.
- Babies that love to chew may not be suitable for twisting balls
Taf Toys in-Car Play Center
Driving is not an easy task when you have a baby in the backseat. However, your trip might go much more smoothly if your youngster has a fun in-car play area.
- has a toy and curved mirror that are safe for babies.
- include plastic rings and movable hook-and-loop straps.
- Toy for cars hangs effortlessly when fastened to the headrest
- A rattling flower, a crinkling frog, and a jingle bell ball are some of the hanging toys.
- A difficult mirror to position
- perhaps incompatible with some headrests
Summer Infant 3-Stage SuperSeat Deluxe Giggles Island Positioner
Look at this pink seat differently than you would a typical plastic piece of furniture. It is a versatile seat that can benefit both you and your kid.
- Three-in-one seats function as booster seats, activity seats, and support seats.
- A 360-degree rotating tray with six toys is included with the activity seat to keep the infant entertained.
- Toys can be removed from the toy bar.
- include a safety belt as well as a removable snack tray with two cup compartments.
- It could be difficult for parents to lift the youngster out.
BeeSpring Kid Baby Crib Cot Pram Hanging Rattles
If you want to travel quietly, you must keep your infant occupied with a toy. This stroller-compatible rattle keeps your little one entertained while you run errands. It fits most strollers.
- The clasp is made of soft, non-toxic cotton.
- even when not hung, can be played with
- aids with the growth of a baby’s gripping abilities
- bright, colorful pattern
- The chords could seem short to some.
- Filling could eventually burst out.
Taf Toys Baby Tummy Time Pillow
This cozy pillow will support your precious baby as they work to maintain their balance while lying on their stomach for longer periods of time. You might do your baby a lot of good by getting them this pillow if they are a pre-crawler.
- has a rattle and teether that are removable.
- Developing fine motor skills
- made from really soft cloth
- helps to build neck, arm, and leg muscles.
- maybe lacking adequate filling
- may not be as firm
How To Choose The Right Gift For 5-Year-Old Girls?
The following are some guidelines to follow when shopping for a five-year-old girl’s present.
Select playthings that encourage imaginative play and social development in your child. DIY kits, activity sets, STEM sets, and more are all available to create a comprehensive adventure.
Find something that she can truly appreciate and enjoy. Gifts for a five-year-old should inspire them to discover who they are and what they’re passionate about. Choices include scooters, dolls, coloring books, and activity books.
If you’re looking for a present for a youngster, it could help to think about when they’ll reach certain milestones. Toys can be selected to aid in the development of both mental and physical capacities.
To ensure the safety and longevity of your gifts, look for those produced from high-quality materials. They shouldn’t have any dangerous ingredients or rough surfaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you entertain a five-month-old?
At five months, babies can take in more of their surroundings and respond more strongly to sounds and colors, opening us a whole world of possibilities for keeping them entertained. You can play peek-a-boo with them, use sound and light devices to encourage them to crawl, and read books with pictures, rattles, and lullabies to get them ready to talk.
What do five-month-old babies like to play with?
Babies enjoy playing with brightly colored rattles, teething rings of varying textures, toys that produce noise, and, of course, their loving caregivers.
What things should my five-month-old be doing?
By now, your baby who has been doing tummy time should be able to roll over onto their back, hold their head up, and in some cases even try to push their body up to begin crawling. A five-month-old should also be able to recognize familiar people, begin babbles, and begin to grab for items.
How much should my five-month-old play independently?
Babies at this age are not yet mobile but can hold their heads up and enjoy the objects within their visual range, making this a great time to begin encouraging autonomous play. As a result, five to ten minutes of unsupervised playtime in a safe and secure setting is healthy and aids in the development of focus as they age.
Once your kid reaches the five-month milestone, you’ll notice a dramatic increase in their rate of development. Getting your five-month-old the right toys can speed up their growth and make it easier for them to reach important developmental milestones. Gross motor skills, muscle strength, engaging the senses, and attention are all areas to concentrate on with children of this age. Toys with plenty of different textures, sounds, and flashing lights can stimulate your child’s senses and help him or her reach developmental goals more quickly.