Here is our recommended selection of toys for newborns of one month of age to help you pick the ideal one for your infant. An infant of one month is capable of recognizing sounds and has fully developed hearing (1). It could explain their sensitivity to noise and their tendency to wail at the slightest disturbance. To capture your child’s attention and encourage the growth of their senses, you’ll need toys that are bright and interesting. There’s a wide variety of toys, from those that make noise to those that you can hang from the ceiling. Various toys exist, making it difficult to pick the best one. Toys should be fun, safe, and meet your specific needs, therefore it’s important to evaluate the various features and alternatives available.
13 Best Toys For 1 Month Old Baby
Best Crib-Friendly: Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
Parents love this brilliant yellow firefly for their babies. Your baby’s general growth and development can be supported by its many features. If you want to know how much fun you can have with these toys, just watch the movie.
- The toy has a plastic hook that may be attached to a child’s stroller or crib.
- To captivate the interest of the infant, the body is brightly colored.
- These plastic rings generate clicking noises to stimulate the baby’s hearing.
- Featuring a plush velour feel, this is a great gift for a newborn.
- It is possible that the colors will fade over time.
- Perhaps emit an unusual perfume odor
Best Versatile: Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick ‘n Play Piano Gym
This is the kind of toy that parents rave about because it can be used from birth and continues to entertain the child as they develop. Your little angel will be kept occupied for hours with this piano gym’s many features and games. Watching this video will help you learn more about the item.
- The playmat is plush, substantial, and washable.
- Includes a self-reflection mirror, an elephant teether, a crinkle panda, a lion rattle, and monkey cymbal clackers, all of which dangle from the gym’s toy arch for baby’s amusement.
- Various well-known songs are played on the piano.
- Upon use, music may have hiccups.
- Keyboard use may need more muscle power from younger users.
Best For Cuddling: Skip Hop Bandana Buddies Baby Activity and Teething Toy
This cute soft toy cum teether is a better option than any other mobile toy. This toy has multiple purposes and is available in fun hues. Watch this quick video to get a feel for the product and how it functions.
- Designed with a variety of textures and noisemakers to keep a baby entertained, including ribbons, crinkly ears, and rattle rings.
- The cuddly nature of the soft body.
- This item’s textured exterior is designed to pique the user’s interest.
- Strollers and car seats can be fastened to it with ease.
- Featuring a wide variety of characters
- It’s possible that some of the toys will come dangling from the hook.
- Possibility of a strange odor
Best Eco-Friendly: Haha Baby Soft Hanging Crinkle Squeaky Sensory Learning Toys
In need of a high-quality baby hanging toy? I’d like you to have a look at these colorful and adorable toys. These squeaky, crinkly toys are perfect for quiet playtime. Also, when your kid reaches the teething stage, you can use them as teething toys.
- Produced from environmentally safe and non-toxic ABS
- Offers calming tones thanks to its integrated wind chime.
- Strollers and cots can be fastened to it with ease.
- When you press the belly, it makes a squeaking noise.
- These toys include small pieces that could present a choking hazard to young children.
- Car seats may not be a good fit.
Best BPA-Free: Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy
This novel item can be used in two ways: as a rattle or a teether. Babies can easily get a hold of it because to the loop shape, and parents will appreciate how it promotes the use of both hands.
- The body’s suppleness, vibrant hues, and feathery weight all contribute to
- BPA-free plastic construction.
- simple to clean with tap water
- Provides a stimulus for the ears
- For others, it could be a bit on the diminutive side.
- It’s possible that there are no instructions for use included.
Best Sleep-Inducing: Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse
Many parents find that this lovely seahorse is effective in soothing their mischievous youngsters to sleep. Baby will go asleep easily with the help of this stuffed seahorse, which plays lullabies and ocean noises.
- The baby’s comfort is ensured by the soft exterior.
- Up to eight lullabies and relaxing ocean sounds are activated by pressing the belly button.
- Integrated volume knob
- The gradual dimming of the glowing belly before bedtime is a helpful sleep aid.
- The length of time that music is played could be insufficient.
- The toy’s brightness may be too much for certain kids.
Best For Visual Tracking: The First Years First Rattle
- Fingers on a tiny, spherical body aid in gripping development.
- To aid in visual tracking, use of highly visible colors is recommended.
- As your baby gets older, it can be converted into a teething toy.
- It’s important to always ensure that hooks are securely secured to prevent any potential injuries.
- There could be loose threads or badly stitched seams.
Best For Entertainment: Bright Starts 5-in-1 Your Way Ball Play Activity Gym
Check out this playmat cum ball pit if you’re shopping for a toy that will grow with your child. It comes in both blue and pink and can be molded into whatever shape you like, so your baby will never get bored with playing with it. Your youngster will be captivated by the dangling toys on the toy bar.
- Fun mat doubles as a ball pit when folded out!
- The child can be amused by some light reading and some mellow tunes.
- This mat is washable in the washing machine.
- Helps parents connect with their kids
- Possibly lacks a user manual.
- This toy’s motion sensor may be prone to breakage.
Best Easy-To-Wash: Pro Goleem Duck Security Blanket
There is a sweet stuffed duck sewn into the center of this adorable blanket, making it the ideal bedtime buddy for your little one.
- Produced from a safe and breathable fabric
- The baby will be kept toasty and cozy.
- Easily machine-washable
- not shedding
- Ripped seams are possible.
- Maybe weird odors
Best Take-Along: Baby Einstein Plush Toy
This attractive and appealing Einstein Plush Toy is perfect for teething and will help your baby develop their gripping skills at the same time. The musical toy takes the form of a star and has a round body with a happy face at its center.
- Conveniently portable
- Highly illuminating
- Performing a total of six well-known pieces of classical music
- Gentle lights dance to comfort the infant
- Paint may crack over time
- Potentially difficult to maintain a clean environment
Best For Self Recognition: Infantino Hug and Tug Musical Bug
- Toy that stretches for 90 seconds, plays music, and then returns to its original form.
- Babies can learn to recognize their own reflection in a peek-a-boo mirror.
- Made of BPA-free material
- Strollers and cots can be fastened to it with ease.
- Grasping the knotted string may be challenging for young children.
- The strength of Velcro can be questionable.
Best Musical Toy: Tiny Love Meadow Days Soothe ‘n Groove Baby Mobile
A high-quality baby mobile is guaranteed to calm your child and help them go asleep. The bright hues and intricate designs of this baby mobile are really stunning. It spins in a leisurely circular pace and plays soft music to put your baby to sleep.
- Plays uninterrupted music for 45 minutes
- You have your pick of six different mood-enhancing tunes for your infant. The soothing nightlight also aids in sleep.
- Includes a volume knob and two high-quality speakers.
- Mechanisms that revolve could produce noise.
- At times the light may remain on.
Best Plush: Steam Life Plush Elephant Toy
The Steam Life Plush Elephant Toy is a great way to keep your baby entertained while also stimulating his or her tactile, visual, and auditory senses from birth to 36 months. The elephant’s body is equipped with three buttons that can be used to activate a variety of sounds and lights.
- not shedding, not fading
- A mix of 12 timeless tunes and soothing ambient sounds
- Once button 2 is pressed, the light turns on.
- Produced using only safe, non-hazardous components
- The battery pack may be tough to access.
- Maybe not as big as I thought
How to Choose the Right Toy for a Newborn Baby
Babies that are one months old are more likely to respond positively to bold, high-contrast designs. As a result, toys with a vibrant color pallet are recommended. The following guidelines can be helpful when selecting toys for a baby of one month.
- Your baby’s ability to focus on objects at a short distance will improve at the one-month mark. They are easily distracted by anything that moves in their vicinity. If you get a bright, portable toy, you can wave it in front of your baby’s face and catch their attention.
- Don’t get a toy that makes a lot of noise; instead, opt for one that plays soothing music. A toy that makes a lot of noise will do more than just shock the child; it will also annoy them. In addition, it will cause you to experience a severe headache.
- There will be moments when your baby sobs uncontrollably, and you’ll wish you had a toy that could play some gentle music to help them go off to sleep. Babies can also be lulled to sleep with the use of toys that have lights that gradually dim.
- Babies enjoy playing with plush toys. Plush toys provide kids a sense of calm and safety.
- Getting toys that can develop with your child is a wise investment. In addition to the toys on this list, there are many others that can be adapted to meet the needs of your developing infant. Babies learn to recognize and eventually love these toys.
- Last but not least, check that every toy you buy for your kid is completely risk-free. It ought to be easily cleaned and painted in colors that are safe for infants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a one-month-old play with toys?
A one month infant may not be able to grasp and play with toys, but they do respond to sights, noises, and touches. So, you can get them toys that make noise or have different textures (1).
How do you entertain a newborn?
Rattle toys, plush toys, and musical toys are all great options for baby entertainment. Your kid might find these toys to be comforting friends. As long as they are awake, you can interact with them by (1) smiling, gesturing, talking, and reading to them (2).
What colors can babies see at one month?
A baby as young as one month can distinguish between black, white, and various shades of gray (3).
This is a list of the top toys for one-month-old newborns, so you can choose one that will keep your baby entertained and help them start using their imagination right away. The designers of these toys took into account the attention span and skill levels of toddlers and infants while making them. They can aid stimulate their growth as thinkers by exposing children to novel hues, textures, and sounds. Think about the durability, safety features, and other recommendations in the buyer’s guide before purchasing your child’s next favorite toy.