Babies typically begin to crawl, babble, and make attempts to reach for their toys around the eight-month mark. Consequently, we have compiled a list of the top toys for 8-month-old infants that will keep them entertained for hours. If your kid seems more interested in his or her toys than usual, this is a good sign; choose bright, interesting ones to encourage healthy growth. Toys that are both entertaining and instructive can be a great way to help your child develop important skills at a young age. If you’re looking for a toy that will appeal to your child, take a look at the ones that have been provided.
Top 25 Toys For 8-Month-Old Babies In 2022
Best For Cuddling: GUND Baby Animated Flappy The Elephant Stuffed Animal Plush
This adorable elephant is not a substitute for a normal stuffed animal. It’s a soft toy for your infant, and it plays music and flaps its ears. Pressing the play button makes the elephant lock its ears for a game of peek-a-boo. In this clip, you’ll get a feel for the toy’s operation.
- Ideal for children to build social skills
- Good for making believe
- Smooth Fabrication
- Available in various versions
- Over time, ears could stop pressing against the head and covering the eyes.
Best Multisensory: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Sis
This charming little puppy is a multisensory soft toy that plays music and delivers warm comfort to your youngster. It is a great toy to assist enhance your baby’s sensory and fine motor skills. Clcik here to discover more about this toy
- Introduces new vocabulary while also teaching the numbers, colors, and alphabet
- With a 75-song playlist at your disposal
- Learning about cause and effect is facilitated by a wide variety of control buttons.
- Extremely Participatory
- The lighting could be too intense for some infants.
- After a certain time, sounds may weaken.
Best Visually Attractive: Melissa & Doug Flip Fish Baby Toy
This fish toy is great for stimulating your baby’s sense of touch as he or she grows. Squeezing the toy’s vibrant colors helps infants develop hand and finger muscles.
- Artistic style that’s a treat for the eyes
- Facilitates reaching key developmental benchmarks
- Crinkly scales on the toy allow for tactile exploration and promote grasping and finger strength.
- Designed to last through repeated use and abuse Provides kids with a fun alternative to screen time
- Some infants may struggle to hold a fish.
- Fraying at the seams is possible with time.
Best Soft Toy: Manhattan Toy Snuggle Pod Sweet Pea First Baby Doll
To help your child relax at night, provide a plush doll. After a long day of exploring, this adorable stuffed animal can be your little one’s sleepytime companion. Check out this video for additional information before making a purchase.
- After a wash, the adorable pattern and easy care make it perfect.
- Cute colors of the toy engage the infant
- Possibly sloppy stitching
- The baby’s fingers could become trapped in the ribbon.
Best Activity Set: Infantino Balls, Blocks, & Buddies Activity Toy Set
Your child can now play while sitting up. Your infant will have hours of fun with this 20-piece activity set of colorful blocks and balls. Eight sensory balls in a variety of textures, eight counting blocks, and four animal toys make up this collection. The squeezable toys help build finger muscles, facilitate teething and help soothe sore gums.
- Perfect for teaching kids about shapes, colors, and animals
- Effective for teaching and practicing describing and identifying objects
- Edges on some toys can be quite dangerous.
- Potentially needs to be stored in a dry place to prevent mold growth.
Best For Tactile Simulation: VTech Baby Rattle and Sing Puppy
At eight months old, babies benefit most from toys that encourage them to grow and learn. This musical toy is visually pleasing, features a variety of musical selections and noises, and phrases that will help develop the baby’s motor abilities.
- Suitable for teaching cause and effect
- Encourages muscle growth in the fingers
- Offers a sense of touch
- Quickly understood
- Some children may find the toy weighty
- May require a specific battery that could be difficult to procure
Best Interactive: Skip Hop Explore and More Baby’s View 3-Stage Interactive Activity Center
As your baby turns eight months old, they can probably sit up straight and crawl. This activity center can be excellent to prep your infant to stand. The infant can bounce and sit in comfort on the revolving seat, which can be turned through a full circle.
- Converts to a flat surface for writing, playing cards, or drawing
- anyplace you like
- Gets kids moving around on their feet
- Comes with four distinct interactive toys
- Seat may be a tad large for certain infants
- Seams could be a touch harsh
Best For Tummy Time: Control Future Infant Crawling Crab
This crab creeps quickly and sideways and is great for infants up to 12 months of age. It includes bright lights and cheerful music to get kids moving and developing their motor skills. The toy is equipped with sensors that enable it avoid obstacles and adjust course if necessary. This is a great toy for infants and toddlers who are just learning to crawl or walk.
- Adequate for “tummy time”
- Strengthens the neck muscles
- Appropriate for animal companions
- Simple in operation
- Does not run on batteries
- There’s a chance it’ll go a lot quicker than anticipated.
Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: VTech Stack and Sing Rings
Children can learn a lot from the simple act of stacking. This toy’s Wobbly base challenges the baby to work harder to stack correctly. While they’re stacking, your child may listen to any of the set’s 40 songs, helping them learn to sing along and pick up some new tunes. Tactile learning tools, such as colorful textured rings, are useful for teaching children about the world around them.
- Color recognition is boosted.
- Gameplay that tests your mettle but is plenty of fun
- Hones the mind’s abilities
- No batteries needed
- Possible difficulties in maintaining a clean environment
- Possibly unstable; it could topple over.
Best For Gross Motor Skills: Skip Hop Explore & More Follow-me Bee 3-Stage Crawl Toy
Let your little angel, who can now crawl, go after this musical toy. It’s great for working on those big muscle groups! This bee toy can be taken apart and shaken to produce a rattling noise. The cloud plays a variety of tunes and flashes bright lights in erratic patterns to entice the infant to chase after it.
- Appropriate for use during any and all phases of the crawling process
- Provides physical benefit by encouraging scouting and adventuring.
- Equipped with sensors for avoiding collisions
- Features movable beads that help soothe teething gums
- It’s possible that children need to be supervised by an adult while playing.
- Some youngsters may be frightened by the noises.
LeapFrog Learn & Groove Color Play Drum
Provide your young one with hours of entertainment with this vibrant drum set. It has a variety of music options and bright lighting. The toy promotes the development of large motor skills and is great for teaching numbers and colors.
- Classical, military, and salsa music are all played.
- Ability to link up with LeapFrog for individualized lesson plans
- Useful for picking up a second language
- He or she communicates in both English and Spanish.
- Enhances the growth of large muscle control
- It could take more work to hit the right notes and make music.
- The drum’s sound could be weak.
Baby Einstein Discovering Music Activity Table
If you want your child to grow up to be a musical genius, this musical activity table has everything he or she could possibly need to get started. The baby will be fascinated by the bright lights and big buttons.
- It has English, Spanish, and French music and instructions.
- generates music and sound effects from various instruments
- Educates young children in basic subjects including arithmetic, color, and alphabet
- Allows the infant to create their own song with numerous instruments
- Includes three standard AA batteries
- While in use, the toy’s legs may not lock into place.
- Inconsistencies in the activity table’s functionality are possible.
Nuby Little Squirts Fun Bath Toys
We know how difficult it is if your infant resists taking baths. That’s why we think squirting toys are a great addition to the bath time routine. There are 10 distinct squirt toys included in this assortment. This bundle of ten squirting toys is great for practicing hand-eye coordination and is BPA-free.
- Fun, water-squirting gadget for a relaxing soak.
- ASTM approved to foster creativity in children
- The ideal size for infants to grasp and squish
- Possible susceptibility to mold growth.
Fat Brain Toys Tobbles Neo
This stacking toy is constructed of BPA-free ABS plastic and features six multicolored spheres and a stable base. Its unusual form and construction make it a lot of fun to stack.
- Playing potential with a lot of energy
- An excellent tool for sensorial discovery
- Motivates logical spatial thinking
- Facilitates free-form imaginative play
- Larger parts could be cumbersome
- Possible protruding edges
Histoye Baby Piano Toy
The recommended age range for the baby elephant musical toy is six months to one year. It is composed of high-quality ABS plastic and does not contain sharp edges, burrs, or scraps, making it safe for youngsters to handle and play with. The toy’s many sensory components encourage the growth of the child’s hand-eye coordination and fine motor abilities. Young ones can play with the knob, the keys, the page turner, the elephant’s trunk, and the balls.
- Includes engaging music and storytelling for infants
- Power level controls
- Light is diffused to protect the eyes and it is portable.
- They could be less than anticipated in size.
- For some, the volume may be too low.
HumorPlay Musical Turtle Crawling Toy
This musical HumorPlay toy with lights will entertain your child for hours. The child-friendly, one-button control of the crawling turtle toy makes it hassle-free for parents and caregivers to play with their kids. Children are encouraged to crawl or run after it as it moves about to the beat of its catchy tunes. This educational toy plays eight lullabies, six animal sounds, and five musical instrument sounds for infants and toddlers between the ages of six months and one year. It also features a hand drum and a telephone game.
- Fragment-proof ABS construction
- The absence of bisphenol A
- Gently rounded corners.
- The choice between two different volumes
- Gentle illumination, safe for the eyes
- Possible diminution in size
- Cracks that could trap fingers are possible.
Baby Einstein Explore & Discover Soft Blocks Toys
The tactile development of the infant is supported by these cuddly blocks. The baby can learn to recognize different textures with the aid of these toys. The set features a child-proof mirror with a peek-a-boo feature that encourages introspection. The images on the blocks are both fun and vibrant.
- Textured on multiple sides for enhanced tactile pleasure.
- Long-term interest is good for the kid.
- Intended for infants as young as one month
- Names for colors in English, French, and Spanish are displayed in a variety of color blocks.
- The volume of the sounds could be excessive.
- Peeling paint is a common problem.
Baccow Musical Activity Learning Table
Here is an interactive learning table for kids that will keep them entertained with fun lights and music. Your child may practice their fine motor skills and get an early education by turning the pages of the animal sound book, pressing buttons, and moving the pointer. A set of three AA batteries powers it, and the volume may be changed to suit your preferences. The toy is 9.7 x 8.7 x 7.1 inches, is built of non-toxic materials, and is smooth for trouble-free play.
- gentle illumination
- Separate limbs
- Connects to the crib’s side rails and folds up for portability
- It’s possible that it’ll be less substantial than anticipated.
- Potentially weak legs
BeAndge Toddler Rattle & Roll Toy Vehicles
The brightly colored toys have the shapes of a truck, a tortoise, and a crane. Children can easily hold on to them because of their pliability and the smoothness of the finger openings. The child’s hearing abilities will develop and their attention will be held by the variety of rattle sounds made by each automobile.
- Eye and mouth movement
- Using only the highest quality, non-toxic components
- Enhances motor skills and visual-motor integration
- Choking hazard due to small pieces.
- There is a chance that the hooks on the rear are not very sturdy.
VATOS Tummy Time Water Mat
The vibrant, floating characters on this water mat are designed to inspire infants to take their first steps. helps infants practice their gross motor skills and is an excellent sensory toy to boot.
- Beneficial for developing hand-eye coordination
- Ideal for use in any setting, indoors or out
- 100% waterproof and ultra-plush
- Crafted with PVC that hasn’t been exposed to bisphenol A
- The scent of fresh paint could be present.
- Possible eventual hole formation and subsequent water seepage.
LeapFrog Scout’s 3-in-1 Get Up and Go Walker
Now that your baby has mastered crawling, it’s time to introduce him or her to walking. Toy piano keys, a phone, a peek-a-boo door, a book page, a bead spinner, a high-five paw, toy gears, and two dangling toys are housed within the multicolored illuminated central dome.
- Includes a range of speeds to accommodate kids of varying ages and abilities.
- Functions as a jungle gym
- Fun tunes are being played.
- Two in one: a walker and an exercise panel for the floor
- suitable for alphabet and color instruction
- The occasional sway is possible.
- Setting it to slow could make it move too slowly.
TEYTOY Baby Toy Soft Infant Activity Baby Toy
- Featuring a gentle polyester fabric that is safe for human use,
- It has a multicolored bead handle, making it convenient to carry.
- Resilient stitching that can survive several washings and wearings
- Aids in fostering an early appreciation for literature
- Baby’s senses are pampered by the lovely designs and textures.
- Possible faulty locking mechanism.
- Over time, sharp plastic shards may become loose.
We Offer What You Want Piano, Bongo Drums And Guitar
This three-instrument starter set includes a piano, guitar, and drums, and it might be your child’s first step toward a career in music. All of the buttons on the toys are nice and big, making them fun for your baby to play with. There are over twenty-five tunes that can be played on the toy, which may assist pique your child’s interest in music.
- Pre-installed with an unrestricted gameplay option
- After the baby has stopped crying, the songs continue.
- Facilitates growth in a variety of areas, including mind, body, and spirit
- Validated as secure
- For certain users, turning it off may be difficult.
- It’s possible that it’ll be less substantial than anticipated.
Bright Starts O Ball 1-Piece Rattle & Roll Car
To use a cliche, tell your infant, “On your mark, get set, go!” This colorful, lightweight automobile rattles with fun. The toy’s wheels feature rattle beads that produce noise when rolled, and it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
- Simple to learn and enjoy playing
- Teething-friendly texture and finish
- Color options are readily available.
- The toys may be held easily.
- There is a sharp edge in the centre of Car that a young child’s fingers might cut on.
LALABABY 26 Letters Cloth Card with Cloth Bag Early Education Toy
Babies can benefit from educational toys at any age. Fabric playing cards feature the English alphabet, pictures, and user names. If you have a potential nerd in your home, this book can introduce him or her to the alphabet and basic vocabulary.
- Simple to clean
- Stitching that doesn’t catch, so it lasts a long time
- Facilitates color identification
- Soft polyester that doesn’t contain any toxins.
- There is a possibility that content will not be accessible in English.
- Possible underestimation of actual size.
How To Choose The Right Toys For 8-Month-Old Babies?
If you have an eight-month-old infant, you can use this guide as a resource when shopping for toys.
Toys that promote the growth of your baby’s fine and gross motor abilities as well as their creativity are what you should be on the lookout for. Your youngster will be motivated to move and grab if these toys offer a variety of textures, lights, music, and more.
Make sure the toy is safe for your infant to play with and has no harmful materials. Look for toys that are well-made and unlikely to break apart, and avoid anything with little pieces that could cause choking.
To make trips with your kid less of a hassle, pack toys that don’t weigh you or them down.
If you want to keep your kid entertained for a while, you should get toys that he or she actually likes. Keeping your toddler engaged can be challenging, but toys with several functions might help.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stimulate my eight-month-old?
Some babies are ready to stand and take their first steps by eight months, and others will have mastered crawling by that time. Sounds from musical toys and peek-a-boo games can help enhance your baby’s senses at this age. You can also grab their attention and enhance their visual skills by singing to them, getting them to dance to the beat by having them clap, and reading to them from books with bright, eye-catching imagery. Select some textured books, toys, or sensory bags to engage their sense of touch.
What can babies play with at eight months?
Most infants at this age find great amusement in knocking down the towers of cups and other toys. Babies of this age also love playing with various toys such as rattles, shakers, squishy teethers, and pianos with huge buttons.
How much should an eight-month-old play independently?
Independent play is beneficial at any age; eight-month-olds are no exception. Babies’ attention spans and curiosity can be nurtured by allowing them to play on their own. As long as there are no dangerous sharp or small objects in the area, parents of 8-month-olds can leave them in a safe and secure setting, such as a playpen, for up to 45 minutes.
How many words should an eight-month-old baby say?
At this stage, infants begin to make sounds like ba, ma, and da, which are the beginning sounds of babbling. Baba, Mama, and Dada are among the terms they have mastered.
Toys for 8-month-old babies can range from stuffed animals to musical instruments to rattles to balls, and we’ve included them all on our list of the finest toys for this age group. You should make sure the toy your 8-month-old plays with is composed of safe, BPA-free materials. Stuffed animals, for example, should be cuddly and free of anything that could cause discomfort. You may rest easy knowing your child is safe when playing with a toy if it has no dangerous parts and complies with all applicable safety regulations.