It’s time to think about giving your child an umbrella if they’ve outgrown the stage of sharing one with you or insists on having one of their own. The best kids’ umbrellas are lightweight and, most importantly, big enough to keep your child dry and covered.
You might also think about getting a kid-friendly design so that when they parade around with it, they feel proud and happy.
Check out our selection of some of the best kids’ umbrellas to keep your child safe on rainy days so you can pick the best one for your little adventurer.
Top 15 Best Umbrellas For Kids
You can choose from the simple to extremely cute umbrellas on the following list for your little one.
Best Safety And Security: Disney Characters Umbrella
This umbrella will become your child’s new favorite item if they enjoy Disney characters. The umbrella has a flap fastening and is made of excellent polyester.
- includes a coordinating carry cord
- Perfect for every season
- 100 percent polyester
- All necessary safety elements are present to provide a safe and convenient experience.
- Possible drawbacks to using the handle for extended periods of time
- possibly too tiny for some older kids
Best Vintage-Style: Kung Fu Smith Lace Parasol Umbrella
The Kung Fu Smith umbrella is distinctive and fashionable while yet being practical because it has a fiberglass and premium stainless steel frame system. It is a dual-colored umbrella with lovely lace decoration, a bow, and a reddish-maroon part in between the lace detailing.
- wind-resistant and robust
- does not reverse
- J handle in stylish black leather
- fiberglass ribs that can be bent
- Ideal for both bright and rainy days
- Bow may not be securely fastened.
Best Auto Open: Rosavida Folding Umbrella For Kids
This umbrella folds up neatly and has adorable pictures of Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and other Pokemon characters. You can get a secure hold thanks to the strong and ergonomic handle.
- automatic opening with a button press
- withstands a powerful wind and a heavy rain
- 11 inches total folded height
- offered in four colors
- possibly less vivid prints
- It can get harder to collapse it to closure over time.
Best Extended Canopy Design: Totes Clear Bubble Umbrella
The clear umbrella with a vibrant polka-dot pattern will become your child’s new best friend in the rain. To prevent splashes from the rain, it has an extended bubble dome umbrella with a bubble dome. To find out more, watch this product review video.
- It’s easy to grasp thanks to the steel shaft, rim, and curved plastic handle.
- rounded points on each rim’s end
- incorporates a pinch-proof closure
- No BPA
- dependable construction
- ideal for usage even in windy conditions
- possibly not thick
- Perhaps a touch flimsy are the metal ribs.
Best Easy-To-Open: Hipsterkid Umbrella
a fruit-patterned umbrella Yes, give these hipsterkid designer umbrellas a try. With a buttonless release to open and a button snap to close, it is simple to operate.
- rounded tips to safeguard the ends of the umbrella’s canopy
- Handle is supple, pleasant, and smooth.
- Metal frame that resists pricks and pinches
- Looks cute and fashionable
- Over time, fabric paint may deteriorate.
- perhaps not resist strong winds
Best Water-Resistant And Pinch-Proof: Stephen Joseph Pop Up Umbrella
Another character umbrella featuring pop-up colors is available for your child to display. It comes in 13 different variations. This polyester umbrella’s canopy is decorated with innovative 3D characters.
- Comfortable handle with a curve
- compact by folding
- simple button to open and close
- Storage hook and loop closure
- possibly smaller than anticipated
- possibly less robust than a plastic frame
Best Easy-To-Store: Kidorable Dragon Knight Umbrella
This umbrella will partially gratify your child’s fantasies if they like to watch dragon stories and secretly want to handle a sword. Both rain and shine are no match for this dragon knight umbrella.
- Belt with Velcro closure for compact folding
- plastic sword handle that is comfortable to hold
- nylon canopy resistant to water
- Pop-up wings and a sweet design of a fire-breathing dragon
- Children could find it challenging to open and close.
- It could be weighty for
Best Compact And Lightweight: Disney Frozen Umbrella
Please let it go! But not with this awning! Purchase it right away to encourage your child to sing along to their favorite Frozen song. It has a sweet canopy with a matching handle in gorgeous hues of turquoise and purple.
- Velcro-closed wrist strap for simple storage
- Small, light, and convenient
- It looks nice with the Elsa and Anna figurine handle.
- Easily graspable handle
- maybe with a loose stitch
Best Plastic-Tipped Ribs: ToySmith Frog Umbrella
When it rains, frogs emerge more frequently, so why not have an umbrella that resembles one? The polyester umbrella is colorful and has appealing graphics.
- Lightweight construction
- a single push button to open
- ribs with plastic tips
- easy-to-hold handle
- The fabric might not be robust enough to withstand severe winds or rain.
- Perhaps a little flimsy Velcro
Best Durable: Nickelodeon Character Umbrella set
This Nickelodeon umbrella and raincoat combo will make your child adore rainy days whether or not they like Paw Patrol. The raincoat repels moisture and humidity since it is composed of a sturdy, water-resistant vinyl material.
- includes a matching set of rain gear.
- made of enduring polyester fabric
- Each rim has pink safety caps on the ends.
- an entertaining character handle
- It’s easy to hold the handle.
- The jacket can smell like plastic.
- Might not be as strong a handle
Best Themed Umbrella: Rhode Island Spaceship Umbrella
You know, for the little astronaut. This umbrella is inspiring for kids who want to explore the world, in addition to being attractive and interesting. The top of the umbrella features a 3D spaceship canopy and is made of synthetic material.
- runner with no pins
- Design of spaceship handles
- Beautiful umbrella style
- Perfect for gifts
- Possibly a larger handle for small hands
- no hanging loop for drying
Best Hook-Style Handle: RainStoppers Umbrella
This stylish umbrella, which comes in more than 15 print variants, is a necessity. It is entirely constructed of polyester. In order to make it safe and practical to use, the umbrella also has round plastic tips that match the plastic, hook-style handle.
- conveniently with a curved handle
- has ribs and a metal shaft.
- Safety evaluations
- Cute and lovely prints
- Maybe a little difficult to press the button
Best Easy-To-Carry: Disney Characters Umbrella And Raincoat Set
Another adorable Disney-themed umbrella, this one featuring a matching jacket and canopy. The raincoat is composed of tough, water-repellent vinyl, while the umbrella is constructed of lightweight polyester fabric.
- End-cap safety devices on each rim
- has a cute aspect that adds to its quirkiness and humor
- has a velcro strap and nylon cord for easy carrying
- It’s simple to use because to the button closing.
- Sleeves might be too long.
- In strong winds, it might not be advisable.
Best Ultraviolet-Proof Lining: Honeystore Vintage Lace Umbrella
This lace umbrella is well worth the investment if your youngster is retro-inclined and enjoys vintage items. Use this two-fold umbrella with 3D prints during the summer or on rainy days.
- provides up to 50 SPF of sun protection.
- includes a black, double-layered, UV-proof liner.
- robust and enduring
- Beautiful lace pattern
- 32 distinct alternatives with various styles and colors are offered.
- Could appear flimsy
- Lace is too delicately made to endure strong winds.
Best For Nintendo Lovers: Nintendo Umbrella
Receive the power! Nintendo Strength! You never know—maybe using this umbrella may inspire your youngsters to have faith in their own abilities. With a hook-and-loop closure and a polyester construction, this umbrella is both portable and lightweight.
- To stop children from being hurt accidentally, use plastic safety caps.
- matching fabric and handle
- a nylon carrying cord
- Velcro-closure strap for convenient transporting and storage
- Some people might find it challenging to grasp the handle for long periods of time.
- maybe inappropriate for older children
Tips For Buying Umbrellas For Kids
In rare circumstances, the operation and specific parts of an umbrella could put someone at danger of injury. Here are some safety recommendations to bear in mind while purchasing an umbrella for your young child.
- Never give a kid an umbrella that is too big or heavy for them.
- Kids shouldn’t use an umbrella that has sharp edges that can pinch them.
- Always purchase an umbrella that is windproof and water-resistant.
- Choosing an umbrella with rounded plastic caps on the ends of the rims is preferable.
- A reliable umbrella should have a simple button clasp that is simple to use.
How to Maintain an Umbrella
An umbrella needs attention and routine maintenance just like any other item. Here are a few helpful hints:
- After use, if your umbrella is moist or wet, wipe it down or leave it open to air-dry.
- Do not play with or use the umbrella as a walking stick.
- Avoid keeping or leaving the umbrella near radiators or other warm areas.
- The umbrella should not be machine washed.
It could be difficult to spend money on an umbrella that is strong but lightweight, long-lasting, and robust. However, you may pick the ideal one for your child if you take a little more care and investigation.