Before you can finish the question, most kids will yell out “water games!” as their favorite thing to do in the summer. As long as you’re using one of the top-rated water guns for kids, you won’t have to worry about any harm coming to your child by letting him or her play with water.
As a staple of many aquatic games for kids, water pistols are a must-have item for every household with young children. There’s a wide variety to choose from, but if you want your toy to last, make sure you get a high-quality one.
We’ve compiled a list of the best water guns for kids that are both entertaining and long-lasting, guaranteeing that their summers will be filled with fun and excitement.
13 Best Water Guns For Kids
Best Animal-Themed: Sumille Octopus Water Blaster
There are two ways to enjoy splashing water with this water gun.
- The water pistol has an octopus-shaped nozzle in the front. The tendrils of the octopus toy have little openings in them, so the water may easily escape.
- You may refill the water gun by dipping the octopus’s head into water and pulling the handle. Simply depress the handle to release water in a squirt.
- The water gun’s octopus and other components are impenetrable.
- The water pistol is constructed from tough plastic and has no jagged edges. The water pistol has a comfortable gripping handle.
- Up to 5.28 ounces (or 150 ml) of liquid can be stored in it.
Best Storage Capacity: Auney Water Guns Squirt Guns
It’s hard to think of anything more entertaining than releasing a gush of water. It has three sprinklers going off at once!
- Each time you pull the trigger on this water gun’s barrel, three separate streams of water will shoot out.
- As toy guns go, its capacity of 1.2 liters (40.5 ounces) of water is very amazing.
- The water cannon has a 32-foot effective range (9.7 meters).
- It has no rough edges because it is manufactured from long-lasting plastic that is safe for use by anyone.
Best For Shooting Long Water Stream: Hitop Super Soaker Water Gun
The water capacity of the pistol is rather large and it is reasonably priced. Capable of holding up to 36 ounces of liquid, it’s the perfect size for kids.
- Can launch water an amazing 35 feet (10.6 meters)
- Using only the finest ABS plastic
- The water pressure can be increased by pumping it repeatedly.
- There are two water cannons in this pack.
- Potentially insufficient stream power
- Is possible to leak sometimes
Best Suction-Based: Max Liquidator Water Blaster Set
In and around the pool, the suction-based water blasters are a welcome addition. To use, simply submerge the water blast’s tip in a water source, pull back the handle, and release the water’s pressure.
- Foam-coated for water-resistance and flotation
- One shot from each water cannon can travel up to 30 feet (9.1 meters)
- Compact and long-lasting
- A rainbow of hues are available.
- Includes six water cannons, making it the best water gun for group play.
- Perhaps less substantial than anticipated
- Under water, the ink on your markings may wash out.
Best Fortnite-Themed: NERF Fortnite TS-R Super Soaker Water Blaster Toy
The design of the gun was influenced by a similar item in the video game Fortnite. Watch this video to learn more about the toys’ special features!
- Features a big front aperture for filling the water reservoir (it can hold up to one liter, or 36 ounces)
- The water can be shot by repeatedly pumping the handle back and forth to generate pressure.
- Includes every component of the original Fortnite weapon
- Maybe the current is too weak for certain people.
Best For Cold Water: Fibevon Water Gun for Kids
This water weapon looks really cool because of all the little intricacies and moving bits.
- The highest amount of liquid that can be stored in the gun is 27 ounces (or 800 milliliters). The water can be ice cold if the child freezes the reservoir first.
- The water gun has a 40-foot effective range at its maximum (12 meters).
- The high-quality ABS plastic used in its construction ensures that it will last and pose no health risks to its users.
- The firearm has no jagged edges that could hurt the kid.
- You can pump water into the chamber using the draw handle and then fire. You can think of the pull handle as being the magazine for a toy gun.
Best For Siblings: Winique Water Gun For Kids
The low price and high quality of this water pistol make it a great buy.
- There are two firearms, each a different color, in the pack. To put it another way, it’s a good option for families looking to buy firearms for their kids.
- The gun’s internal water reservoir can hold up to 32 ounces of water (946 milliliters).
- Put some water in the water gun, pump it up, and you’ll be ready to shoot a stream of water when you pull the trigger.
- There is a maximum range of 30 feet for the water gun (9.1 meters).
- Quality ABS plastic was used to construct the pistol, making it last a long time.
Best With Multiple Nozzles: Balnore Water Gun Soaker
The toy’s many nozzles make it four times as much fun as a standard water pistol. When the button is pressed, water is released simultaneously from four big nozzles located on the tip.
- The tank’s water inlet is big enough for ice cubes.
- The reservoir holds 1.2 liters of liquid (40.5 ounces)
- Capable of launching water up to 32 feet in the air (9.7 meters)
- Designed to last with its sturdy, high-quality plastic construction.
- Possible little leaking with normal use.
- Potentially challenging to fill
Best Pistol Design: JUOIFIP Squirt Gun Water Toy
A small water cannon perfect for kids on the go.
- This kid-friendly water pistol has a pistol grip and can be fired with a single hand.
- The water within cannot be pressurized because there is no “pump” handle. To begin firing streams of water, simply fill the tank and pull the trigger.
- The ABS plastic used to construct the water gun is of the highest grade and is completely safe for use by children.
- Up to 6.7 ounces (or 200 milliliters) of liquid can be stored in the cannon.
- The water level in the tank may be monitored through the transparent container, allowing the user to restock as needed.
Best Pumping Handle: NERF Super Soaker Freezefire Blaster
The pistol can be used with ease and is versatile enough to be filled with ice in addition to water. What you need to know about this couple may be found in this video.
- The gun’s cap can be opened wide enough to accommodate ice cubes.
- Capable of holding up to 23 ounces of liquid (680 milliliters) of water
- Water can be shot without pulling a trigger.
- Pumping handle that slides easily
- Capable of firing up to a distance of 38 feet (11.5 meters)
- Possible overestimation of size
- A possible leak
Best Compact: NERF Fortnite HC-E Super Soaker Toy Water Blaster
If you’re looking for a portable water cannon for youngsters, NERF’s toy is a fantastic option to consider. Once the water tank is full, firing the gun is as simple as pulling the trigger.
- Shotgun-shaped water pistol
- Water capacity is approximately 7.4 ounces (218.8 milliliters).
- There is no need for a pumping motion prior to firing.
- Conceptualization inspired by a weapon in the popular video game Fortnite
- After a few usage, the nozzle may begin dripping.
- Could be a little tricky to fill
Best Easy-To-Aim: NERF Super Soaker Scatterblast Blaster
The nozzle shoots water in five different directions at once, making it a fun and engaging plaything. It’s plenty of fun to play with because the water comes out at full blast.
- It’s much less of a hassle to aim this rifle thanks to the front sight that flips up.
- The water gun has a maximum range of 34 feet (10.3 meters)
- Holds about 650 milliliters of liquid, about 22 ounces.
- Containing only non-toxic plastic, it will last for a long time and is safe for
- Water can only be dispensed from a single pump once.
- Possibly seepage at maximum volume
Best For Swimming Pool: Water Sports, Stream Machine QF-2000 Water Launcher Gun
It works without the need for a water reservoir, making it perfect for use in swimming pools. There’s a suction mechanism in this water pistol. To fill the gun’s reservoir with water, you’ll need to dip its tip in the liquid and pull the handle.
- Just squeeze the handle to release water in a powerful spray.
- Easy to use, even for young children, because there is no need to “pump” the pistol before firing.
- Durable plastic construction with working parts that are built to last.
- The force of the current could be too much for some people.
- There’s a chance water will leak
How To Choose Water Guns For Kids?
When looking for the best water guns for kids, keep the following in mind.
Water cannons can come in numerous shapes and sizes. Choose a style that your kid will like using and that fits his or her needs. Young children may find huge water guns cumbersome, therefore lightweight and tiny water guns may be more suitable for them.
Variations in water pistol tank sizes are available. Guns that require suctioning can be beneficial in pools, while those with a lot of storage space excel on dry land.
If you want a reliable water gun, look for one constructed from plastic. The material needs to be corrosion-resistant even after extended contact with water.
Water guns are a great way for kids to have fun, but adults should always supervise.
Safety Tips While Using Water Guns
The following are some safety precautions that should be taken when playing with water guns:
Never aim at eyes:
Even while water is innocuous on its own, it can cause serious injury when squirted from a water pistol. Therefore, instruct the youngsters not to shoot somebody in the face or in the eyes. To avoid getting soaked, water cannons are best aimed towards the arms and body.
Wear safety goggles:
When playing with water pistols, kids should be extra careful and wear protective eyewear. Swimming goggles are also acceptable for those who plan on using the pool.